Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 05-30-2021, 02:06 PM
porton007 is offline porton007

delta force: black hawk

I want to translate this game language into Thai language, where do I need to edit the font file and where is the text file?
Old 06-01-2021, 10:26 PM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

NovaLogic uses a type of font file that, to my knowledge, I'm not sure anyone has ever really figured out. I've never seen the format anywhere else.

DFBHD has text strings in .bin files, and the game has hundreds of them... wait a second... okay, there's actually only forty-two .bin files altogether in the four .pff containers, but there are thousands of text strings.

NovaLogic never really localized DFBHD for anywhere, as far as I know. I have the version they sold in France and Germany, but that was only made to nerf the death screams and blood effects. All the dialogue and text is still in english, well, except for the somali dialogue. There are some .wavs that are in urdu and farsi, too.

If you stay on task, you're in for some work. If you figure out how to make fonts that work in DFBHD, there are a lot of modders that would like to see your notes on the subject.

I wish you luck.

Last edited by Baldo_the_Don; 06-02-2021 at 03:32 PM. Reason: The number forty is not spelled with a u, like four. WTF, english? Also, dialog and dialogue are used in different contexts.
Old 06-03-2021, 05:19 PM
cambreaKer is offline cambreaKer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldo_the_Don View Post
NovaLogic never really localized DFBHD for anywhere, as far as I know.
there are like 2 polish versions of DFBHD that are fully localized, dialogue, text strings and all. just thought i'd let ya know