Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 02-24-2006, 11:10 PM
yummycake is offline yummycake

Skins!! help

Yes, i was wondering how you change the skins in gameplay...people change the helos and cars..i was jsut wondering how you do it...where can i find the program to do this at...thx
Old 02-24-2006, 11:51 PM
--BulletMagnet-- is offline --BulletMagnet--
DF2 Forever

Send a message via MSN to --BulletMagnet--
Well lets see, there is a whole section in the forums about this over at the barracks,CLICK HERE FOR DF BARRACKS go to forums then BHD mod section, but ill get you started,ive never skinned this game before but have read about it.You will need adobe photoshop with the dds plugin,read more on that at dfbarracks since i have no clue.you will also need ravens pff extractor.From what i understand, you extract the dds file that you want,edit it,save it,put in your game folder C:/Program Files/novalogic/delta force black hawk down. Now go to the bhd icon in the game folder snd right click and go to properties go to the shortcut tab,and add /d to the end of the target name (Example="C:\Program Files\NovaLogic\Delta Force Black Hawk Down\Dflw.exe" /d)Now your skin should be in the game.Again df barracks has a whole section just devoted to bhd modding so read up there.
Old 03-03-2006, 01:18 AM
-8.0- is offline -8.0-

skins are easy. im actually looking for a place to upload my weapon skins on novahq. all you do is extract it to a seperate folder named "skins" (doesnt matter what its named) you will want a seperate folder because you will fill it very fast.

once you have something that will open .dds files you can begin to edit. if your using photoshop use the blending modes so you get all the little scratches and dings that are in the original skin.

just dont lay something over it and let it go. play with it and arange it. some things shouldnt have skins like the barrels, scopes etc. stuff that would be camo like stocks, grips, would be good for custom skins

once youve done that save it as the exact same file name. it will want to make a copy but just delete the copy part and hit save. then put the file in your bhd folder. do what novadude said about the /d at the end of your target. dont forget you have them installed! i forgot i had some installed and tried to join a no skin server and was wondering why i kept getting punted