Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 03-30-2011, 09:07 PM
Swifty Helen is offline Swifty Helen

I think DFX2 is more advanced, so it is a waste of time to use DFBHD.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:35 PM
MERMITE is offline MERMITE

One of my tricks in MANY DFX1 maps, is getting the player to climb the power/tele pole to cut the wires, either to deactivate the alarm is just create confusion, like in real life ..lol
to do this the mapper would put the metal ladder up next to the power pole, and hide it using the .WAC, so when player did walk up, he/she actually climbed the pole.
This cannot be done in DFX2 along with many tricks.. I've spent some time trying to find what tricks it can do......none as yet!

"M"
Old 04-01-2011, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERMITE View Post
One of my tricks in MANY DFX1 maps, is getting the player to climb the power/tele pole to cut the wires, either to deactivate the alarm is just create confusion, like in real life ..lol
to do this the mapper would put the metal ladder up next to the power pole, and hide it using the .WAC, so when player did walk up, he/she actually climbed the pole.
This cannot be done in DFX2 along with many tricks.. I've spent some time trying to find what tricks it can do......none as yet!

"M"
Mapping, I have found is not easy! Learning even a few tricks can be rather difficult......then the gremlins strike!!!!!!
Old 04-02-2011, 03:03 PM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swifty Helen View Post
Mapping, I have found is not easy! Learning even a few tricks can be rather difficult......then the gremlins strike!!!!!!
Amen on that one.

I've got a severe infestation in my latest map "Greybird Extreme" and it's

causing delays, (2 weeks so far) so be ready for them if you want to map in DFX2
Old 04-02-2011, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swifty Helen View Post
We gotta make those Gremlins work for us, my fav. tool was the trick of hiding assets till called for, like the above example, currently I'm trying to use the player activated parachute as a trigger, also the exp/health points can be used as a bonus system
in the mean time I'm back on Halflife2 trying to finsh this game!!!! lol

"M"
Old 04-03-2011, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingalu View Post
Congrats to you!!
Hello
Old 04-03-2011, 09:47 PM

Quote:
We gotta make those Gremlins work for us, my fav. tool was the trick of hiding assets till called for, like the above example, currently I'm trying to use the player activated parachute as a trigger, also the exp/health points can be used as a bonus system

"M"
"We gotta make those Gremlins work for us, my fav. tool was the trick of hiding assets till called for"

Great idea "M" I think my problem is to do with too many assets in a given area trying to undertake assignments at the same time.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:57 AM

I'm still awaiting the insurance guy for that flood 2 months ago, to settle me with my boat claim, but in the meantime I'll shoot down to Adelaide, and quick as a flash rebuild my launch with Stomp's gear,....I could do it, ....maybe, but I know Stomp CAN do it, and Stomp can do it REAL GOOD...but he wont, at least not without a PLAN.....strange just like making a MAP, guys I've said it before, """"""""get it all on paper"""""""""" that is the most common strategy known to man......without it WE would still be waiting on the Wright Brothers, too many assets in an area....never heard of it, as most mappers DO the dec (decorations) towards the end of the map, keeps the useless SSN's in an idle zone, allows the mapper respite.....good luck

"M"
Old 04-04-2011, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stompem View Post
Hello
Goodbye
Old 04-04-2011, 02:24 AM

Quote:
I'm still awaiting the insurance guy for that flood 2 months ago, to settle me with my boat claim, but in the meantime I'll shoot down to Adelaide, and quick as a flash rebuild my launch with Stomp's gear,....I could do it, ....maybe, but I know Stomp CAN do it, and Stomp can do it REAL GOOD...but he wont, at least not without a PLAN.....strange just like making a MAP, guys I've said it before, """"""""get it all on paper"""""""""" that is the most common strategy known to man......without it WE would still be waiting on the Wright Brothers, too many assets in an area....never heard of it, as most mappers DO the dec (decorations) towards the end of the map, keeps the useless SSN's in an idle zone, allows the mapper respite.....good luck

"M"
Just need a mud map to cut and shut
Old 04-04-2011, 02:26 AM

"keeps the useless SSN's in an idle zone"

"M"
I've got a lot of AI converging through a narrow approach?
Old 04-05-2011, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stompem View Post
"keeps the useless SSN's in an idle zone"

Meaning the stuff the game engine will never have to worry about, stuff that don't move or stuff that just decorates the scene, trees, wheelbarrow, rock, stuff that don'r suck brain or RAM

I've got a lot of AI converging through a narrow approach?
Quick Stomp make it a CO-OP map, and let the player use one of those very rare Claymores, if one can remember how to use them ...lol

And where did you get that new .Gif, I find the Grimace the guy uses at the opening highly ....Sus??????

"M"
Old 04-05-2011, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Quick Stomp make it a CO-OP map, and let the player use one of those very rare Claymores, if one can remember how to use them ...lol

And where did you get that new .Gif, I find the Grimace the guy uses at the opening highly ....Sus??????

"M"
Need a few pointers on setting up CO-OP start markers. Like it to have SP and CO-OP versions
Single Player version I'm working on now only has a Shotgun or an AK and claymores.
Gif care of Swifty...??? who else.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:59 PM

Quote:

"M"
Thanks for your advice M, I am still trying to make new Bots, and learning Maps! not easy!!!!!
Old 04-17-2011, 08:21 AM

Hi Stompem! kill those gremlins yet?
Old 04-17-2011, 10:25 AM

Nope. Still got em Swifty
Old 04-26-2011, 09:39 AM

Hi Stomp!great face! Any luck getting rid of those pesky gremlins yet?
Old 04-26-2011, 10:22 PM

It's someone I know.
Nearly got all the gremlins, got the main one and now chasing down the last few and tidying up.
The map runs great now, never starts the same way, good fun

Last edited by Guest001; 04-27-2011 at 09:42 PM.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:52 AM

Those struggling with the art of mapp'in, may consider downloading that map pack, put up by "batman 91" in the DFX2 map section, many varied and simple maps with many different themes, and the good bit is they come with the .mis file so you may open them with your DFX2 Med, and see how 'batty' did it,

I don't actually approve of this, I would like you guys who mapp to develop your own style'..copying someone else is not developing your own methods, but batmans style is his own unique method, hence he has his own fans and followers..
so you can see with playing just a few mapps Batty's style is very similer to Daves(4rc28) so much so ....I have and will accuse Dave of actually being Batman91....see for yourself, download and play

"M"
Old 04-27-2011, 12:30 PM
chopperprop is offline chopperprop
=TMW=

Send a message via MSN to chopperprop
Welcome