Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Call of Duty

Call of Duty Anything about the Call of Duty / Modern Warfare series of games.

Old 11-27-2011, 03:06 AM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

CMW3 Smooth as silk.

According to reports I can garner, Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 3 runs sweet.
Old 11-27-2011, 12:12 PM
Mstenger404 is offline Mstenger404

Send a message via MSN to Mstenger404
Being the same engine with no graphical improvements, are you looking for something that challenges your machine?

Intel Q9300 Quad~2.5Ghz
PALIT GTX570
ASUS GTX280 Dedicated PhysX
WD Velociraptor 300GB 10k RPM
WD Caviar Black 1TB 7,200 RPM
4GB Patriot DDR3 1333mhz
Intel BOXDX48BT2 X48
Corsair 1000Watt Modular PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
ASUS VG238H 23" 120Hz 3D-Ready
Old 11-27-2011, 01:19 PM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mstenger404 View Post
Being the same engine with no graphical improvements, are you looking for something that challenges your machine?
Ditto. If it were a new game engine...
Old 11-27-2011, 07:09 PM

I think they (MMW3 developers) understood that not all the gaming community has the latest hardware.
Various forums lament the lack of juice to run it (BF3) and the latest patch has caused havoc in the extreme! Lots cannot get to servers, new error boots them with no explanation, even with all files and punkbuster up to date and the latest gear but to no avail.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:59 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Send a message via Yahoo to dave61
The same game, but ask STOMP .... He talked me thru the processes of installing my new video card just to play COD:MW3.

A big step up in video graphic requirements from COD:Black Ops and COD:MW2.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:31 PM
Sam is offline Sam
Nobody loves me

It is a big step up from black ops 1 and Mw2, but SURPRISINGLY, there is an option to tone down the high end graphics in the settings menu, for me, i have 2 pc's, one is my great performing gaming pc, and the other is kind of a basic pc in my room, and i can barely run crysis on dx10 with the pc in my room, but with mw3, even at 1024x768 i can run mw3 just fine, and still have some performance left over, which IS surprising since its a new cod game. Already beat black ops 2 thanks to my sister-in-law XD Sorry for commenting on it too late...lol
Old 12-28-2012, 08:12 PM

There's a couple of programs going around that emulated shaders etc so you can turn off high settings in games and play them better.

InjectSMAA and SweetFX (don't use them on multiplayer servers as I hear that some games detect it as a hack.)

Quote:
SMAA Anti-aliasing : Anti-aliases the image using the SMAA technique - see http://www.iryoku.com/smaa/
LumaSharpen : Sharpens the image, making details easier to see
Bloom : Makes strong lights bleed their light into their surroundings
HDR : Mimics an HDR tonemapped look
Technicolor : Makes the image look like it was processed using a three-strip Technicolor process - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technicolor
Cineon DPX : Makes the image look like it was converted from film to Cineon DPX. Can be used to create a "sunny" look.
Lift Gamma Gain : Adjust brightness and color of shadows, midtones and highlights (avoids clipping)
Tonemap : Adjust gamma, exposure, saturation, bleach and defog. (may cause clipping)
Vibrance : Intelligently saturates (or desaturates if you use negative values) the pixels depending on their original saturation.
Curves : Contrast adjustments using S-curves.
Sepia : Sepia tones the image - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sepia_tone#Sepia_toning
Vignette : Darkens the edges of the image to make it look more like it was shot with a camera lens. - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vignetting
Dither : Applies dithering to simulate more colors than your monitor can display. This lessens banding artifacts - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dithering#Digital_photography_and_image_processing
Splitscreen : Enables the before-and-after splitscreen comparison mode.

Last edited by Guest001; 12-28-2012 at 08:29 PM.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:16 PM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

Didn't you have the ATI 5770 card stomp? If so, that's not your issue running BF3 in that case, I have the same card and can run everything on full and at least 720p without any computer lag.

My photography website

Old 01-01-2013, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentTrigger*MFA* View Post
Didn't you have the ATI 5770 card stomp? If so, that's not your issue running BF3 in that case, I have the same card and can run everything on full and at least 720p without any computer lag.
Hi mate! Thanks for answering....yes I do have the card and run BF3 at 1440x900 but get a lot of missing frames or something...like the TV with lines.
When I move I can see these frame lines and it's dang annoying. I think my particular card has had problems since new.

Sometimes I have a full blue screen app crash with this... (page to expected area not found - error) and I think it's the card memory.