Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

View Poll Results: Do you think BHD will save the DF series?
Yes 46 71.88%
No 10 15.63%
Not sure 8 12.50%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-23-2002, 10:17 AM
Matt is offline Matt

Administrator

Send a message via MSN to Matt
Ya, I personally stopped playing BHD because it currently doesn't suit my playing style. I'm a long range gunner, so I'm waitin for the full version to come out to see what it has to offer. It is a lot harder to kill people on BHD than LW and TFD.

Click here for the official member status images!

Quote:
Originally posted by Panther
For your sence of free speech, we will control how much you have here .
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
fak i clicked it to lol.

the message "this will disable it" should have been put before

sorry
Old 11-24-2002, 09:09 PM
^I^WolfBane is offline ^I^WolfBane

Send a message via ICQ to ^I^WolfBane
I think Novalogic is on the right road, and even though I won't play the game till tomorrow- (just got my video card)
The fact that you can actually usse the vehicles is a great improvement.
My biggest thought on Delta Force and I have played it since Delta 1 broke beta (team =13SC=)
I believe that the one shot kill should be improved.
Ok, I got shot in the leg, Let me bleed to death but DAMN!!! Let me get some more kills. lol
Headshots.. Your dead.. Gernade blow in your face and you live, Your injured. Face it, In real warfare if a grernade blows in your face your blind at least for awhile.
This is only my opinion. ^i^ WolfBane
Old 11-29-2002, 12:53 PM
Protector is offline Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Protector
well my idea is not to play the demo of bhd till real game comes out or it will make me crap at tfd setings wise cause u cannot change setings to wot u want them to b properly on da demo

I Got Mixed Feelings About The Sig So Im Keeping Them Both
Old 12-21-2002, 01:49 PM
nekkster is offline nekkster

I agree with you Gecko even more so to say that it is without a doubt going to save the series. have a group of guys here that are die hard Tom Clancy fans and when the 1st delta force came out we all went out and bought it, the next day took it back.

Not untill this demo have we even looked at nova logic again and we are all waiting for it to come out. I can say one thing for sure nova logic has caught up to the others in the FPS arena, now lets hope tey stay there and continue to advance.

The demo it's self has brought new players to the delta line can you imagine what the came is going to do??
Old 12-22-2002, 09:20 AM
TGIF is offline TGIF

Hey remember... this demo was released months ago... the new beta is a vast improvmet.. this a a great way to test the game before it's release.... if they did this with TFD... well you get the picture. but still no grass... lol
i think the final release will have most of the old weapons. and maybe a few more bells and whistles.. can only wait and see.
Old 12-25-2002, 12:06 AM
HØWÁRÐ †hè Ðû¢k is offline HØWÁRÐ †hè Ðû¢k

Well while I might think its neato,others have flocked to BF1942 and the Splinter Cell will be popular.

I just think that military FPS are everywhere.

And if NOVA can keep a cheat free environment,then it may be successful for them.

Dagger ran alot of peep off me thinks too.

Cheers!!!
Old 01-04-2003, 10:18 PM
F5 is offline F5

Smile

yes...
Old 01-14-2003, 06:12 PM
ßlòóÐbÀ†H~Uã~ is offline ßlòóÐbÀ†H~Uã~

I think that DFBHD is going 2 be the biggest hit online game thats going 2 be out on all formats u think halflife is good well u r a bloody @~#=-@; dfbhd rocks.........

So it gets my vote for being the best online game ever!!!!!!
its the only game i play
Old 02-07-2003, 09:35 PM
IKILLU is offline IKILLU

Send a message via ICQ to IKILLU
it's whether bhd can attract new players that is the trick
(sorry, don't know how to highlight this quote from previous message! lol)
This is my first online gaming exp. and I not only like the graphics , the easy playability is what hooked me. Not needing to use a bunch of keys all over the board, the simplicity keeps it fun! More power to Novalogic and BHD.
Also more power to this site, please keep the good info. flowing! I am a non-techie learning how to dl patches and hopefully how to make my own maps if it's not too difficult.So all these informative threads/posts are AWESOME! thnx! Any help learning how to use code to do different things, up to and including how to make a good sig and avatar, and how to produce a good website are much appreciated! Just picked up a couple of books on HTML , Dreamweaver, and Photoshop 7 to kick off the education!

Last edited by IKILLU; 02-07-2003 at 09:41 PM.
Old 02-09-2003, 10:04 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
hi all lmao.
i am still downloading it i hope this be the last demo
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 02-12-2003, 12:45 PM
RHA600 is offline RHA600

Send a message via AIM to RHA600
I voted yes. I bought the other 4 DF games but to be perfectly honest I got tired of the same game with different surfaces. Tunnels were the same, the enemies were the same...I just bought them to play online. This one though seems like it will be completely different with much better graphics. In fact I went back and played TFD online one night and couldn't kill anyone I was so used to playing the new version.
Old 02-14-2003, 06:11 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
sorry i voted no on DF:BHD
i don't think it will save the Serials at all
DF:BHD it even skip offline playing time (demo)
mostly i found the Demo reall are bad to the real thing
in this case i really hope so online it skips a lot still
look great with some of the grass in it i seen.found that i can't move around to much in the game play skip like its lagging alot like in every 2step one take it skip.

a plus it look super great buildens and all really look super great job maybe it has to much go in the map that make it skip i really don't know much about that but other maps i seen if you have to much going on it will make game play lag spec in a small area.

mostly i like to see them make it able to make the .bms larger in size some of us like to put a bet more into a map then what its limite to.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 02-21-2003, 01:20 PM
MattUSMC67 is offline MattUSMC67

yea the soldiers skip around that sucks, hopefully they will get it worked out in the full version tho. The graphics are great tho and I think its a real fun game.
Old 03-20-2003, 10:17 AM
}DHS{ WaYnGcHuN is offline }DHS{ WaYnGcHuN

Send a message via AIM to }DHS{ WaYnGcHuN
I personally think it will save the DF series. I personally was very disappointed with TFD and wasn't planning to even try BHD. I was actually impressed with the two demos (old and upgraded). The levels were more close quarters combat oriented, which I happen to like a lot. At the same time though, there is plenty of opportunities to play the sniper, which is also a good thing. I liked the return of the medic because sometimes I just don't like having to run back from the respawn point or PSP's. The graphics are pretty good, and it lags less than UT2K3 for me so I'm cool with it. I know they do need more weapons, but I'm fairly sure we will see them in the new version. I think the game is going to make up for TFD and then some. Plus I have a few friends who are interested in DF now so I guess if it attracts new people, it works.
Old 03-29-2003, 02:37 PM
Mac is offline Mac

Send a message via ICQ to Mac
What StevieB said

Quote:
Originally posted by StevieB
i dont think it's a case of 'saving the series'.
it's the next game in the series - a natural progression.
i think it is a good thing for sure, it's been ages since DF had a makeover.
pretty much all current df players will get bhd it's whether bhd can attract new players that is the trick.
i think it will sell well, especially as it's associated with a popular film and is controversial, so it will get more publicity.
I think DFLW is still great, and DFTFD ia a little better...yup I like it. I play em both all the time. But, I'm thinking DFBHD is going to be setting on the shelf after a couple months, right next to my copy of Comanche 4. I hope I'm wrong. I'll keep on buying new releases as long as NovaLogic puts them out.

Old 03-31-2003, 08:29 PM
CapN'C*cksucker is offline CapN'C*cksucker

Send a message via ICQ to CapN'C*cksucker Send a message via Yahoo to CapN'C*cksucker
I bought it, and play it. But myself as well as the rest of my squad have moved on to Battlefield 1942 and The Road to Rome. 5,000 people from midnight (when I get on) until 5:00 am, are online playing every week night. Weekends usually have anywhere from 10,000-20,000 people on, as apposed to Nova's 300-400. A good server's easy to find anytime. This game was too late to save the series. Maybe if it had came out closer to the release of the film, or at least the dvd, it may have generated better sales based on the connection to that.
And speaking of poor release time, does anyone remember the reason Nova said they were pushing the game back? It was to optimize and tweak coop mode, which is non-existant so far. So what was the real hold up?
Old 04-06-2003, 06:02 PM
acemark41 is offline acemark41

My affinity with Delta force started with DFLW (which I love) and progressed to TFD (which I don't) and now to BHD which I got the other day. I love it and that's all I'M going to say, so there!!
Old 04-06-2003, 07:08 PM
MaCCaUK is offline MaCCaUK

im only new to DF with bhd, i gotta say as a CS player i feel this game owns it. Its had most of my clan playing it over the weekend instead.

More tactical and better looking what more can yer ask for

Macca
Old 04-10-2003, 10:37 AM
Gecko is offline Gecko

The problem is this.....if I wanna play any LAN parties, nobody ever plays DF games. For this reason alone I picked up CS. However, there are some MAJOR issues w/ the gameplay that really annoy me about CS (AWPS for one....I mean, come on, show me a sniper that can jump and shoot like that for real!) Might be time to look into BF 1942 since it may be the best of both worlds (realistic gameplay and popularity.)
Old 04-10-2003, 01:33 PM
CapN'C*cksucker is offline CapN'C*cksucker

Send a message via ICQ to CapN'C*cksucker Send a message via Yahoo to CapN'C*cksucker
A few years ago, I bought Counter Strike. I put it in, realized to join most servers I had to download some mod, and I was on dial-up at the time. So I broke the disc in half, and wiped my ass with the instruction manaul.