Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 06-03-2005, 05:37 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

eek Has the world gone mad????

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/06/03/bul...ase/index.html

I sometimes wonder what the hell the world is coming to when I see things like this!!!!

Regards
Old 06-03-2005, 05:52 AM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

hmm, the fact that a 14 yr old stole the bulldozer or the fact that they shot him?

either way still quite shocking...

(they could hav got a bigger bulldozer and had a game of chicken..)
Old 06-03-2005, 06:48 AM
NightWing is offline NightWing

Okay I don't support stealing but if your going to steal something lets not make it a bulldozer. I mean what are you going to do with a bulldozer? Can't be much of a joy ride going 10mph.

My next point is WHAT HAPPEND TO THE BEAN BAG RIFFLE? Have you seen a bulldozer? Not exactly enclosed!!!! They shouldv'e tried climbing up the back and snatching the kid out by his ears like his parents need to do.
Old 06-03-2005, 07:32 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
Quote:
Originally posted by NightWing
I mean what are you going to do with a bulldozer?
get past whatever is in your way!! cars, buildings, ppl etc, very dangerous thb.
Old 06-03-2005, 07:38 AM
NaughtyPerry is offline NaughtyPerry
Banned

kind of funny idea but stupid to actually do it
Old 06-03-2005, 10:37 AM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
or a tazer or something.
Old 06-03-2005, 11:52 AM
Matt is offline Matt

Administrator

Send a message via MSN to Matt
ive seen a video of some guy hijacking a tank and taking out a bunch of sh*t in a city. i believe it was on TV...COPS or some show like that

Click here for the official member status images!

Quote:
Originally posted by Panther
For your sence of free speech, we will control how much you have here .
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
fak i clicked it to lol.

the message "this will disable it" should have been put before

sorry
Old 06-03-2005, 11:55 AM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

Something interesting to notice. All these events are happening right after Summer Vacations started? Time to cut down on Summer Vacation.

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1
Old 06-03-2005, 04:22 PM

I remember the guy in the tank. I was living in san diego at the time he did it. I remember seeing it coming down the freeway with all the cops behind it. At first i thought it was a movie being made till i saw the news. Now Being prior millitary, I understand taking some one out if your life is being threatened, but If its not being directly threatend there are other options you have to try first before killing some one. The local goverment never let the millitary disable the tank for the fear it would cause more damage than nescissary to the public (lol like the tank wasn't already doing by running over cars and tearing up light post and the road!). Then once the tank was stopped (due to driver error), they waited for the guy to pop his head out of the tank then shot him.

I also understand that the police are under alot of stress because of high crime rates and lunatics that will do anything to get away (including shoot cops). But they have to try to use every possible end the situation with out shooting some one. Like I said before, bulldozers are not fast moving and have big hugh OPEN driver seats that they could've yanked the kid out seat from behind or at least hit him with a bean bag shot gun. I know the police felt threatend by the buldozer (kinda like the guy who stood infront of the heavy machinery in 'Austin Powers' and screamed for 5 mins before being ran over). but come on they have to start thinking things through a little bit more. But hey thats just my opinon!
Old 06-03-2005, 04:34 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Quote:
Originally posted by NightWing
kinda like the guy who stood infront of the heavy machinery in 'Austin Powers' and screamed for 5 mins before being ran over
Love that part

I believe it's good they shot him, same with the guy in the tank.. But that's my opinion. I think the world is better off without thoes types of people. They could have killed many, and they didn't stop when they were being followed by police. If I was him I'd expect to be shot.

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 06-03-2005, 09:11 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Quote:
[tractor with a tailer scraper on the backend]

"We're assuming he was going to go over the vehicles in the roadway with the officers in them," he added.

There were no other injuries, Miller said.

The boy is accused of stealing the earthmover and likely will be charged with robbery and endangering the lives of officers, Miller said.

Miller said the teen apparently was upset because his parents were moving and stole the Caterpillar earthmover, which he was skilled at driving, from a construction site.
man thats sad he did that at lease he not dead can't say how his mom and dad are feeling all about this, pretty bad at their boy for this. but maybe if they talk to him more about the big move he would have not done something this crazy.

ether way they can't moving now. they will have to stay there and deal with the DA and Court system in TUCSON, Arizona for now, be like 6mo or 2 years before the can do the big move again. boy need to stay do his bit to pay them for this fool thing he did.

do the crime you have to do the time for it.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 06-03-2005 at 09:47 PM.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:30 PM
Rampage. is offline Rampage.
Rampage

Send a message via AIM to Rampage.
a taser would have maybe worked, but they would have to be 15 minus feet for that to work, which is pretty hard when he is in a 40 ton earthmover, non lethal bean bag would have just pissed off the teen even more, pepper spray, well not being able to drive and see is not a good combination, spike strip, useless, bullet, effective, would have used it..

Old 06-03-2005, 09:37 PM
EDGE is offline EDGE

Send a message via ICQ to EDGE Send a message via AIM to EDGE Send a message via Yahoo to EDGE
Quote:
Originally posted by Trilogy
ive seen a video of some guy hijacking a tank and taking out a bunch of sh*t in a city. i believe it was on TV...COPS or some show like that
haha, i saw that too! lol

i also saw trilogy on cops, he hijacked a little girls bike. You shoulda seen him. It was one of those bikes with the barbie stickers, the basket in the front, and the tassles on the sides.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:51 PM

Now hijacking a little girsl bike, thats classic. Can you imagine the highspeed chase?! LOL
Old 06-03-2005, 09:56 PM
Chief ADFP

they could have shot the tires out, dang thing could not move then, think the cops needed a reason to use their gun to see how good they worked.

be better they shot at them big tires gee they are not hard to hit, if anything they may tip it over with a boom like a bomb gone off.

i got news that scrapers can't do anything at all, dang thing can get stuck on every thing all the time. if the boy ran over a police car you can bit he be stuck there but good. scraper can get hangup on them cars real good.

the scraper is a trailer he pulling behind him, it scrap off the top layer of the ground, use for open field to street blacktop roads ways.

Last edited by Hellfighter; 06-03-2005 at 10:05 PM.
Old 06-03-2005, 11:00 PM
KU43 is offline KU43

I mean what are you going to do with a bulldozer?

just about anything you want, but if it were me I would have stold a train. More bullet proof.
Last year in Phoenix the police got a call from a Wallgreens saying a woman was trying to buy drugs with a fake prescription. She had her young child in the car with her. when the police arrived she tryed to leave and was shot and killed. The officer said he was in fear of his life because she would run him over. The police officer was tried. durn the corse of the trial it was learned that the officer investagating the shooting lied on the distance between the car and the officer doing the shooting in the shooting officer's favor. The officer was still found not guilty just like 99.9% of all police charged with wrongful death.So until this changes expect more of the same.

Last edited by KU43; 06-03-2005 at 11:28 PM.
Old 06-04-2005, 12:11 AM
Chief ADFP

were did you read there was a bulldozer the kid was driving with? look at the image guy and know what it is.

the darn thing is a scrapers use to remove layers of the ground you drag it behind you to take top layers of the ground away. gee do it like anything like a bulldozer to you, get a book or look it up.

OMG it has head lights with a truck front in to it. with tires on it. there no front loader blandes to it like a bulldozer as to it and on the backend he draging a trail with him thats is the scraper. they call it a earth mover for a reason it can move dirt like any other truck can. only it handle really big loads and it do the work as will removing it to a new location.

do a search for: "earthmover scrapers" you see it listed then and know what it is ok. i have work with these scrapers tell the truth the cops could have run up to him and drag him out of it, they do it all the time at job sites they have kids (punks) jump on the to drive them all the time. the foreman jump to get them fools off them all the time.

Last edited by Hellfighter; 06-04-2005 at 12:19 AM.
Old 06-04-2005, 02:41 AM

Quote:
I also understand that the police are under alot of stress because of high crime rates and lunatics that will do anything to get away (including shoot cops).
Again cops are under alot of stress. the only way things will change if 2 things happens.

1st if society (spelling??) changes the way we raise our kids and start pulling together as communities, then we would have alot of kids stealing, selling drugs, gang banging, or anything else that might put them in harms way.

2nd the police have to start implimenting better training on their officers and different methods of handling these type of situations. Most police have the means of alternative methods of bringing down a suspect.
Old 06-04-2005, 03:23 AM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

Quote:
Originally posted by Trilogy
The one where he got stuck on a concrete railing, and later was shot? Was quite obvious that he wasn't used to driving tanks lmao

My photography website

Old 06-04-2005, 03:26 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Sad

I don't envy the police of any country when they are faced with a difficult and terrible decision such as this. It seems they the police, are damned what ever they do but their job is to protect life and property so sadly sometimes things like this will happen

Regards