Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 02-04-2007, 10:11 AM
Spazz is offline Spazz

Send a message via AIM to Spazz
Vista anyone?

anyone pick up Vista or planning on it? I was thinking of it in the coming months, but I would also want to get a new video card to go with it. Discuss NOW
Old 02-04-2007, 10:21 AM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

Can we discuss this in software section?

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1
Old 02-04-2007, 10:35 AM
Spazz is offline Spazz

Send a message via AIM to Spazz
Why? Nobody goes there, and by nobody I mean me, and I'm the only one who actually matters.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:40 AM
J-Factor is offline J-Factor

I herd it was crap, better off to stay with XP...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
quote:

Originally posted by J-Factor

New England's Largest And Finest Traveling Amusement Park
Old 02-04-2007, 01:36 PM
Stephen is offline Stephen
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Stephen Send a message via AIM to Stephen Send a message via Yahoo to Stephen
Ill let this one go but post in right section next time spazz.

"If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning: just as, if there were no light in the universe and therefore no creatures with eyes, we should never know it was dark. Dark would be without meaning."
-- C.S. Lewis
Old 02-04-2007, 02:35 PM
IcIshoot is offline IcIshoot

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
As I posted in an other thread about vista, I was thinking about it but I am a little concerned about it now.

I read an artical on how the DRM software may disable different parts of the computer that windows has no control over.

arical here: http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut00...ista_cost.html

But I will probably cave in in a month or two when I save up some more money and at least make 1 of my 4 xp computers vista.

Though I just read in the latest PCMagazine about how to make XP look like Vista, may try that out also....

IcI
Old 02-06-2007, 12:18 PM
SSGWarHog is offline SSGWarHog

Send a message via ICQ to SSGWarHog
Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor 1.0
Brief Description
Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor is designed to help Windows XP users identify whether their PCs are ready for an upgrade to Windows Vista, which edition of Windows Vista meets their needs, and which features of Windows Vista will be able to run on their PCs.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

========================================

Microsoft Vista test drive

Microsoft's WindowsVistaTestDrive.com offers users the chance to actually use a "virtual" Windows Vista PC, which is running on a server hosted by a Microsoft contractor. The "Test Drive" server also has Microsoft's latest version of Office installed, so users can get a sense for how they will be able to actually interact with both pieces of software.

If a user is interested in actually buying the software, however, he or she can now do so from e-tailers like Newegg.com, which have begun offering OEM versions of Windows Vista Home Premium, Home Basic, and Vista Business. The OEM version allows users significant savings: for example, the Windows Home Premium standalone version is officially priced at $239; the same software, in OEM form, will cost users $119.99, essentially a 50 percent discount.

http://www.windowsvistatestdrive.com/
Old 02-06-2007, 04:38 PM
Mauser 98K is offline Mauser 98K

got released here the other day and every1 who got it is already having problems with incompatability of their drivers and a whole bunch of other problems, 1 reson I dont upgrade OS till nothing current will work with it.

im like microsoft should really get all the bugs worked out b4 rushing things on the market, what is the point of paying over 100$US for the OS and then having a bunch of worthless equipment and having to pay 200$ more because the drivers wont work with the OS and having to purchace upgrades to get the crap to work corectly.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:52 PM
Matt is offline Matt

Administrator

Send a message via MSN to Matt
ill upgrade if i get it for free

Click here for the official member status images!

Quote:
Originally posted by Panther
For your sence of free speech, we will control how much you have here .
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
fak i clicked it to lol.

the message "this will disable it" should have been put before

sorry
Old 02-07-2007, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mauser 98K
got released here the other day and every1 who got it is already having problems with incompatability of their drivers and a whole bunch of other problems, 1 reson I dont upgrade OS till nothing current will work with it.
That is why I posted the above, I ran it and no exactly what may be uncompatible, and will work on those first before upgrading.

Quote:
Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor 1.0
Brief Description
Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor is designed to help Windows XP users identify whether their PCs are ready for an upgrade to Windows Vista, which edition of Windows Vista meets their needs, and which features of Windows Vista will be able to run on their PCs.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

sadly if anyone believes that they are going to have a sweet install and have driver issues then they should shut down their computer and forget about it. It is all part of technology, no way that MS can verify that everydriver out there will work with their O/S. Peripheral manufacturers are given the new O/S by MS for them to provide updated drivers. Well known companies, HP, Cisco and maybe Dell will have drivers, the others play catchup. Yeah MS can be a PIA, but I do not blame them for all the issues.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:12 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
will i think testing out with that tool give one heads up and get new Hardware driver from the MGF web site.

there been a lot of newer updated drivers release sample ADM/Ati has release new drivers for older Video Cards to the puble to download to instill so when the time comes they instill Vista they have these drivers on hand to load in to the system then.

all should see what hardware need drivers to run under Windows Vista some time one don't need to replace hardware at all.

but you would need a lot of ram to use vista atless 1GB i think.

i would wait for end of the year, down the road Xmas 2007 time i'll get it

SSGWarHog
how you been you old lifer j/k
long time not seen you
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 02-07-2007 at 06:33 PM.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:24 PM
Erik is offline Erik

Wow, misconceptions like no other here. None of you really know what your talking about when it comes to vista. I have had no problems doing anything and no driver issues...I think its the operator that has the issues.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:01 PM
IcIshoot is offline IcIshoot

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
I think what we are going to find out is that each person will have their own experience with it. Those more computer savy will probably have less problems since they should most likely know where to go to get updated drivers.

Lol, all the talk about people having problems is making me want to go out and get it to see if I experience the same thing

That is why I don't pay to much attention to reviews (not that I go for the items with the worst reviews or any thing).

People had problem with SP2 for XP, I never did.

I installed the RC1 version of Vista with no driver issues what so ever

IcI
Old 02-09-2007, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chief ADFP

SSGWarHog
how you been you old lifer j/k
long time not seen you
Been fine, been playing FEAR and expansion, love this game, FarCry another outstanding game, can not wait for Crysis to be released....will blow everything else out of the water. Nova is dead so really not too much on line pc gaming for me, once blue moon.

See you got promoted to the "Evil Moderator" and here I thought you were always the "Evil One"

Most my days are spend when on line around military forums, and attempting to help these young Vets out as much as I can. Have a hard time with 'real' body counts. Been to 5 funerals so far locally and well enough said about that.

Glad to see the ole site is still up. ACG no idea, last I spoke with the ftroop it was to be redone, but nothing.

Thnaks for asking and hope all is good on your end