Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-01-2010, 09:31 AM
leaderlord is offline leaderlord
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1

DFX2 Wac help

Hi, i have a problem with dfx2: when i write in WAC something like

if past (1) and never() then
wave("alph527.wav",100)
endif

it's not working. I don't hear anything after 1 second. Where's the problem?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-01-2010, 11:54 PM
MERMITE is offline MERMITE
Registered User

Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 736

if past, will ALWAYS rack, you if not now, then later for sure, ALWAYS ALWAYS use "ontick".
DFX2 uses the updated JOE engine many wac commands have been replaced or even deleted, here no need to put in ,100)
Please ensure that alph527.wav does exist in the game dir or is that alpha527.wav to check, keep the (1) tight to the ontick

if ontick(1) and never() then
wave("alpha527.wav")
endif

Or to play at the start of your mis try

if never() then
wave('alpha527.wav")
endif
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-03-2010, 06:38 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
dave61's Avatar
I.C.U.

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Here & There
Posts: 2,155

Send a message via Yahoo to dave61
If past is not a good trigger.

There are other triggers that work a whole lot better.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-04-2010, 12:16 PM
MERMITE is offline MERMITE
Registered User

Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 736

Hi Dave, in passing see here:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/A...or#Select_Type

and compare see no wac, and thats a shame: ...lol

"M"
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-04-2010, 04:01 PM
Guest001 is offline Guest001
Registered User

Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,971

ontick(1) and waveready() and never() then
wave("alph527.wav",100)
endif
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-04-2010, 04:52 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
dave61's Avatar
I.C.U.

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Here & There
Posts: 2,155

Send a message via Yahoo to dave61
Or MED timers that create variables that the WAC can see.

if eq(v10, 2) and never() then
wave("alph527.wav")
endif


Btw, the volume control isn't nessesary cause it doesn't work.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-04-2010, 04:56 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
dave61's Avatar
I.C.U.

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Here & There
Posts: 2,155

Send a message via Yahoo to dave61
Quote:
Originally Posted by MERMITE View Post
Hi Dave, in passing see here:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/A...or#Select_Type

and compare see no wac, and thats a shame: ...lol

"M"
Hey "M",

Haven't heard about the ArmA game. The mission editor looks complicated.

I guess I've been spoiled by the easy use of the MED!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-06-2010, 12:05 AM
MERMITE is offline MERMITE
Registered User

Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 736

Yeah Dave, you can access the 'med' from inside the 'game' in Virtual Battlespace 2 (VBS2)
the army training software used by many armies of this world for training etc,
Arma2 is the civy version of this game, I'll be taking stuff out of Arma2 to insert to VBS2
to jazz it up...?
I'm of the opinion this is what WE should have used all those years ago....lol

here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VBS2
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-07-2010, 09:37 PM
Guest001 is offline Guest001
Registered User

Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,971

You cannot control the AI like in DF MEd
But you have some control over your teammates in-game.
The Mission Editor is accessed from the Main Game Menu
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave61 View Post
Hey "M",

Haven't heard about the ArmA game. The mission editor looks complicated.

I guess I've been spoiled by the easy use of the MED!

Last edited by Guest001; 12-07-2010 at 10:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-07-2010, 11:56 PM
MERMITE is offline MERMITE
Registered User

Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 736

aT LAST i'VE TRIPPED OVER ONE OF THOSE sPAMMERS...

Yippeee let me cut his ears off!!!!, tie a used car tire around him, douse him with petrol
and keep my camp nice and warm from the desert cold ...party on!!!

First ...I'll have to ask Admin for a light, thats if Admin is awake....nah!
and thats just the problem with having such a popular website, what poor old 'hedi01' and his mates fergit is 'WE' do these games to ESCAPE from the Cr@p TV has been selling us for the last 50 years, and there's Hedi01, hoping we'll drop by and buy his DVD's...ha ha. news just in it's all .AVI these days, some old granny may have the energy to use one of those DVD/blue ray thingies, but I'm very happy with my thought controlled WD media player, the remotes so small I only gotta lean forward to loose it ...lolol.

No Stomp, you don't control the AI like in the Med, but you DO control them and with better functionality too, more realistic, more like 'REAL LIFE" than a game ...
"M"
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-09-2010, 12:40 AM
Guest001 is offline Guest001
Registered User

Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,971

True so true "M" Also another good but simplified point and direct game is Conflictenied Ops.

I too noticed the afore mentioned spammer and one of our admin bombed another one the other day.

Tell what do I do if I am contacted post detect or spot one on the site?

There are probably other sorts of predators about, circling around or in our midst.
But by nature we are not such a dumb lot, so bring it on!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MERMITE View Post
aT LAST i'VE TRIPPED OVER ONE OF THOSE sPAMMERS...

Yippeee let me cut his ears off!!!!, tie a used car tire around him, douse him with petrol
and keep my camp nice and warm from the desert cold ...party on!!!

First ...I'll have to ask Admin for a light, thats if Admin is awake....nah!
and thats just the problem with having such a popular website, what poor old 'hedi01' and his mates fergit is 'WE' do these games to ESCAPE from the Cr@p TV has been selling us for the last 50 years, and there's Hedi01, hoping we'll drop by and buy his DVD's...ha ha. news just in it's all .AVI these days, some old granny may have the energy to use one of those DVD/blue ray thingies, but I'm very happy with my thought controlled WD media player, the remotes so small I only gotta lean forward to loose it ...lolol.

No Stomp, you don't control the AI like in the Med, but you DO control them and with better functionality too, more realistic, more like 'REAL LIFE" than a game ...
"M"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dfx2, dfx2 help, dfx2 wac help, dfx2 wave help


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WAC...chain Guest001 Delta Force 10 04-13-2010 03:10 AM
need some help with my WAC file please EZK_Cobra Delta Force 6 01-02-2009 11:44 AM
Wac talim Joint Operations 0 02-22-2006 10:05 AM
Here is another Example Wac. Sal UK Joint Operations 7 02-15-2005 07:21 PM
.WAC HELP!!! DizAsTeR ! Delta Force 2 07-29-2003 07:02 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:14 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®