Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 01-04-2021, 10:15 AM
pl2of3t is offline pl2of3t

Increase Max Players in BHD Multiplayer Servers

I have been trying to determine how to increase the maximum players in our server from 50 to a higher amount and am looking for some information on how I might be able to do this.

I was able to identify the lines that changed via hex editor when viewing both the dfv and dfvplr files in DFBHD by comparing an old copied file that was set to 49 players and then a new one with 50 players.

Does anyone have any input on this subject?

You can set the dfv file to a number well above 50 players, but when you enter the game and try to host the server, it reverts back to 50. I think this is because the dfvplr save file is reverting it back to 50 some how, as that is the only other line in the files that was changing?

I know this sounds a little odd with the game being so old, but we've had quite a few nights here recently that we simply didn't have enough room in the server. So I am looking for a fix to this. Hopefully someone out there can help.

Thanks!
Old 01-06-2021, 01:29 AM
jabo1SFH is offline jabo1SFH

have you tried looking at how jo is setup? NL used to run those 250 player servers back in the early days of jo. there might be some info that could give you an idea how they did it there.

also, ram and connection speed influence your ability to host a set number of players, as well as your upload speed through your isp. BHD's highest rating for hosting is a T3 connection.