Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Joint Operations

Joint Operations Anything about the Joint Operations series of games.

Old 06-26-2004, 04:47 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
Post Played Joint Ops full version? tell us about it!

any chance of some mini or large reviews of Joint Operations?
I know a lot of ppl like to see what other ppl think about games before they buy.

we would love to hear what you like/dislike about the game and give it a rating out of 10.

if it is a decent length then i'll stick it in our reviews section on the main page, post about your review in the main news and make you famous

email reviews to stevieb@dfhq.net

big thanks in advance.
Old 06-27-2004, 04:40 PM
Scorpion101 is offline Scorpion101

Sent ya one Stevie.

Rgds,
Scorp.

Team work is essential, as it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at!
Old 06-27-2004, 05:16 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

wow very nice m8
will get it on the site now
score out of 10 please
Old 06-27-2004, 06:52 PM
Scorpion101 is offline Scorpion101

Sorry Stevie, forgot about that.

I think a 9/10, just because I know there are going to be updates (after the one we just had), and that fact that it didn't come with a MED, which is pretty much a must have in these games. They dropped the ball with that.

Scorp.

Team work is essential, as it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at!
Old 06-28-2004, 04:43 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

yo Scorp

i just added the review -
http://www.novahq.net/?show=reviews
http://www.novahq.net/?show=reviews&cmd=view&id=16

it auto says the autour as me because i submitted it so i added your name in the title of the review. sry there is no other way i can do it right now but hope that's ok with you.

big thanks for doing that for us.

anyone else think they can do what Scorp has done? emails to me please
Old 07-28-2004, 03:18 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Found some commands codes to use really don't know what some of them are but most are normal one we know mostly of:
Command codes JOTR:
quit
exit
ToggleServer
restart
escape
RadioMacro
nvggaindown
netdelay
nvggainup
Punt
savescores
AudioEmote
Verbose
NVG
PuntLog
Briefing
RadioMacro
scopescale
respawn
playerlist_alt
lockgame
repeatcommand
Prone
FreeLook
playboy_mag
ShowScore
PrintScreen
flipmouse
showhud
ToggleServer
lights
NextWaypoint
command2
fps
ShowFriendly
PuntCRC
stalk
resetgames
LastGame
seat1
seat2
seat3
seat4
seat5
seat6
seat7
seat8
seat9
seat10
ToSpecial
radarout
commander_menu
view1st
radarin
helpmap
viewchase
CycleSpectatorMode
ShowScore
IncSpectatorTarget
DecSpectatorTarget
scope
showhud
help
ShowFriendly
binoculars
pause
Ban
sqtalk
ctalk
dotsize
fsasyaof

think the bozo option is in there some place did not see it at this time have to test it out to see if it works still

still fine tuning the game JOTR some so fps is not that bad on my end of it got it between 4-25fps at this time.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 07-28-2004, 03:51 AM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

What graphics card u got chief..?
Old 07-28-2004, 04:09 AM
teej is offline teej

Send a message via ICQ to teej Send a message via AIM to teej Send a message via Yahoo to teej
it is addicting personally...it is like lw addicting lol...i wish there was more ground combat b/c the guns are good...also the downpart is the maps are so big that some maps take like 20min to get to 1 side to the other...overall i give it a 6/10....its a fun game but nova should of stuck to nova type games

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
ok, now that we are all a little dumber for reading that, back to how much IE is better than any other browser
Old 08-12-2004, 03:30 AM
Chief ADFP

it totally bad no good at all.
i am really tick-off on this JOTR Retail to a point almost going to flame about it. it crash my system 3x and Microsoft get the error report on it..it was sent out to them and lockup big time. play it about 12x in that time it has not work good at all. to night i play it some what fair till it lockup and crash the system like crazy the my avast! Antivirus no longer working at all do to the darn crashes it did. and yes it was JOTR that made it crash the error report stated it as so.

i ran Scan-disk it fix all the errors that JOTR did when it lockup my system & crash it.

chkdsk /f short scan (1-3 steps)
chkdsk /r through scan (1-5 steps)

Last edited by Hellfighter; 08-12-2004 at 03:51 AM.
Old 08-12-2004, 05:57 AM
teej is offline teej

Send a message via ICQ to teej Send a message via AIM to teej Send a message via Yahoo to teej
its ok im horrible at jo also

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
ok, now that we are all a little dumber for reading that, back to how much IE is better than any other browser
Old 08-12-2004, 07:41 AM
Chief ADFP

will it working ok for last hour i got out of it before i posted this one up. who knows it acted up. don't know the reason for what it did all i know mircosoft does know of it and they will get hold of nova about the error.
Old 08-12-2004, 04:53 PM
Storm. is offline Storm.

8/10 when u go underwater in a jeep (although it dusnt stay alive for long) u can shoot the 50 cal underwater and kill people :S and u cn glitch 5.5 tonne trucks in the backs f chinooks, and fly helis thru hanger roofs, as well as dock slabs, and my fps normally run about 50 + is that any good?

England 3 Hungary 1
Old 08-23-2004, 12:23 PM
WaR-AmP is offline WaR-AmP

Send a message via AIM to WaR-AmP
I personally loved it.
The first time I played it was at a cyber cafe with 3 of my buddys so we were always "helicopter pooling"

The 100 man servers are a big plus.

I know Im going to critisized for this, but I think the game is TOO sniper friendly.
Old 09-03-2004, 06:33 PM
VooDoo- is offline VooDoo-

they should do something about the snipers....they always ****ing camp the helis when u get in em
Old 09-03-2004, 07:00 PM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

thing about JO is its realistic.. in BHD u had the help of no cover for snipers... in JO a sniper can hide in a duh and not be seen (happens in real life) people wanted realism and they got it now they dont like it
Old 09-30-2004, 05:50 AM
ghillie is offline ghillie

I have been playing JO for about a month now and can honestly say that I am well and truely hooked. I do have the advantage that my PC is massive (its a 3.4 gig p4 etc etc etc) so I have no problems running the game. Some of the maps are huge with 64, 100 or 150 people on any one map at any time. This is good for beginners as you can get the feel of the game without compromising your team too much while you get used to the weapons, vehicles, aircraft, boats and the general layout of the maps. The stock maps do repeat themselves, but not too often so they bore you, so the more you play the better you get at navigating your way around. However, they are big enough for any player to spend hours on the same map and still get enjoyment from playing.
My biggest complaint about the game is the players who seem to get pleasure from base raping in sniper mode, although you could say that this is a player complaint and not a game complaint. I cannot see the point in this, especially on TKOTH when the idea is to BE the king of the hill not how many people you can kill at the respawn point.
I have recently started playing on private servers, namely UKO-Squad which is pretty much dedicated to TKOTH ( You may have guessed that this is my favourite game). This is a well run but fun server and the maps are not so big, mainly because on TKOTH the idea is that the games are short( usually 30-40 mins) fast and furious. There are also many more servers to choose from..... COOP (cooperative), AS (advance and secure) TDM (team deathmatch). I have found that the private servers seem to have more fun maps, but please don't think that this is taking anything away from the Nova maps. This is just a personal opinion.
I have found that team work is essential. Yes it is nice to see your name at the top of the pile after a game, but for those players who know the game well, this means nothing. It is a team game and the winning team are all winners. The reason behind this?? Lets start with the MEDS, they run round like crazy medding as many players as they can, which means if you are in a zone or defending a position you can stay where you are without having to try and fight your way back in again. Thier kill ratio isn't great, but in my opinion they are the most important players in any battle.
Next you have the GUNNERS, laying down supressing fire to cover your team mates is not a particularily glamorous job and gets very little recognision, which is probably why you get very few gunners on a game, but nontheless it is still an important role.
RIFLEMAN, probably the most popular role (my usual role). Why? I dont know. I think it must be because it could be the most fun and you get most of the glory. You are not to heavy (GUNNERS and ENGINEERS have a heavy encumbrance) the weapons are pretty good plus you get a secondry weapon, the AT4 is a popular choice.
ENGINEERS, again, an important part of the team but with little recognition. The stinger is an awesome backup weapon when you are moving forward and at the same time getting attacked by helicopters. Also they can use mortars which is a good clearing weapon before moving into a zone.
SNIPERS, not my favourite role but snipers are usually very patient calm people and can give the team good backup from a distance, and when the opposing side know that there are snipers about they tend to be a little more cautious.
So you see the importance of a well balanced team can make all the difference, and a squad that works together well will win many many games over a team with little coordination.
The summary to this is that I would reccomend Joint Ops to any person who likes a shootem up game, strategy games or just likes to have a laugh with a few mates. In one word.............. can't say it with one word, which hopefully speaks volumes for this outstnding game.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:47 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Cool

I wasn't to keen on J.O. when it first came out but now I'm addicted to it! An all round excellent game from Novalogic....well done guys!!!!

Regards
Old 12-21-2005, 03:16 AM
cable is offline cable

After the latest patch i like Jo/Esc muchmore, it is also much better then bhd, and yes also becasue of the cover for snipers, but do not forget pb, we have far less cheaters in jo !!!
Old 03-15-2006, 11:28 PM
army ranger is offline army ranger

YEAH LIKE THAT IS SO STUPID
Old 03-16-2006, 07:26 AM
Chief ADFP

i have not even try it at all, after the last update i totally gave up on it, over all its to me is 4/10 in my book.

DF? Xtreme like to say it a 7/10 as will.

i am on a dailup modem anti-lag cheat they are using is killing me. i can't lag-cheat if i like to, 1sec off line i got to reconnect and log-in NW.

JOTR-Serials and DF: Xtreme both lame for dailup users don't buy! you been warn lol i buy them for one main reason i like the New games! but don't mean I'm a lover of them newer type ether.

way i feel about novqalogic, inc right now if i had stock and going to buy some, it would not be novalogic, inc it maybe Dice AE if anything. sorry their games don't standout like the others do

Last edited by Hellfighter; 03-16-2006 at 07:31 AM.