Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 11-16-2007, 11:36 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
People these days just don't understand

Okay, as some of you know, my mum, ain't the best on computers. She had only really started nearly two years ago, and has hardly learnt anything new, within that time period.

Whenever she has a damn problem on the computer, sometimes I have to come in and fix the problem for her. Whenever I fix something on the computer, she wants to know how to - REGARDLESS of how hard it is or how damn frustrating it is...

She blackmails me into doing it!!! God...

She tells me to write it down on a piece of paper how to do it. If the writing's too small, she asks for me to write it big. If it's hard to understand, she tells me to write it simplified. And whenever I do write it down on a paper, she either loses it, or falls asleep of confusion trying to read it.

Sometimes she tells me to tell her and she'll write it down. And every few seconds she bloody asks how to spell this or how to spell that (she's been in NZ for about 13-14 years and hasn't really improved in English at all).

Whenever I tell her to read PC manuals or something to learn, she falls asleep reading the first few words. She either loses the manual, says she'll read it later (which she DOESN'T), or makes up a stupid excuse like her reading the first few pages are good enough for her and she'll read the rest later (which she DOESN'T).

And she always thinks so linearly. If I tell her a solution to something on the computer, she'll think it's the solution to everything. Like for example, there was this stupid song she wanted to download on a site, but it was embedded. I had to go to the page source, and track down the link to the .mp3 - if I told her how to do that, she'd think it would be the case for every embedded .mp3 out there on a website.

She also sometimes likes to change the subject and say that if it wasn't for her, etc. I wouldn't be this smart on PCs.

Whenever I try to teach her something new, she'll just forget it. It's no use. But whenever I have to jump in and save her from wrecking the computer, she wants to know how to do it. DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND SOME THINGS YOU CAN'T LEARN TILL YOU'RE EXPERIENCED ENOUGH?!

Sorry for the big rant...

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 11-16-2007, 11:49 PM
Spazz is offline Spazz

Send a message via AIM to Spazz
Old people. Deal with it.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:49 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
chrispy

it not your mother fault in the new age of computer users.

take a lot of time to get use to.

you even try to read the bible i fall asleep real fast trying to understand it and read it. boring as hell

don't blame your mother its the times, you get to her age and have kids of your own! you think handle a computer now wait till you start to see a whole new system replacing the computer your using now. there be no key broads to use or wire system to it. all wireless totally live feed to your brain no delay at all for data feed. direct brain to brain feed direct.

my mother day they use IBM Cards, my Day it was Dos........tomorrow land it be direct feed to the brain no monitor, keybroads, wire feed. you think it will happen.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 11-17-2007, 09:11 AM
ShArP is offline ShArP

Send a message via ICQ to ShArP Send a message via AIM to ShArP Send a message via MSN to ShArP
i know how you feel Chris when my parents get on it, and even my sister because they are all computer illiterate

lol

Old 11-17-2007, 09:25 AM
IcIshoot is offline IcIshoot

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
lol - now you know I how I feel when people post questions that could be answered by a quick google search

I'm with chief - don't blame your mom.

I love it when my mom or sister's ask me for help - Shows that they recognize that I know what I am doing with computers - Especially since I have an uncle who has been working with computers far longer then I who mom could call.

Just keep in mind that You had to learn the computer your self (even if you did learn quickly) and that I am sure there are aspects of the computer that if you tried to do would put you in the same position as your mom with others who know what they are doing.

IcI
Old 11-18-2007, 11:17 AM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
It happens bro, every time my family has a problem they always call me because they just don`t understand.

BTW, where is your mom from that she doesn`t speak english very well?
Old 11-18-2007, 12:18 PM

@ ath, Thailand.

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 11-18-2007, 12:40 PM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
That is cool. You go there a lot? Hear there is some cool stuff there, heh NZ as well
Old 11-18-2007, 11:28 PM

GOD I'M SO DAMN MENTAL AT THE MOMENT...

Mum's bloddy feuding with my big brother, and she FORCES ME TO send like 100 emails at him telling him about everything bad she's done to her.

SHE'S SUCH A DAMN PERFECTIONIST PSYCHO!!! SHE WANTS EVERY WORD TO BE LIKE HOW SHE SAYS, AND FORCES ME TO REMEMBER EVERYTHING SHE SAID TO ME SO I CAN TYPE IT IN THE EMAILS!!!

I send an email. One hour later she tells me to send another one since she remembers more bad things, etc.

HAS THIS WORLD GONE SO FREAKING MAD?!?!

Chris
Old 11-19-2007, 12:20 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
thats female for you lmfao
if it ain't one thing its another

ask her to make a list up before you send the e-mail out this way everything is cover for.

good tip tell her you wait & send it out 20:00hrs this way he will read it the first thing for tomorrow when he read all his e-mail.

sending so many e-mail out the e-mail service anti-spam program software may block all.

wait till you get older and have a wife or G/F of your own.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 11-19-2007, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by atholon
That is cool. You go there a lot? Hear there is some cool stuff there, heh NZ as well
Hate to break it to you, but I've never ever been there in my life. Never been on aircraft before. The furtherest I've been from home is about 400km (like 200-300 miles or so?). That's the furtherest I've been. And I've been living in this cr*ph*le for about ten years. I'm extremely isolated.

Chris
Old 11-19-2007, 02:07 AM
Xx_jet_xX is offline Xx_jet_xX

Send a message via Yahoo to Xx_jet_xX
just think chris, yer mum and me are in the same age group, i could date yer mum and spank yer bum lol!!!!

but an offside to that is my mum is comp illitirate as yors an expects me to be tech support for her comp.

dont worry about it now, and later when yer on yer own you can decide when and how you will help.

WTF-Squad

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. -George Carlin