Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 01-06-2010, 02:59 AM
Spinney is offline Spinney

Bug list for DFX2

Bug list for DFX2 (mappers’ list): Please copy, paste and add to list.

Here is a list of the bugs I have found so far. Please add to this. I think it’s a good idea to know what we can and cannot do with this game as it’s starting to become a bit irksome finding all this out after spending so much time on a mission only to find it full of holes because of certain bugs. Not the end of the world though. It would be nice if Novalogic came up with a (workable) patch to fix the bugs. But perhaps that’s the stuff of a madman’s dream!

Some versions have no drop-down menu in armoury while others do.
Selecting “RPG 5 rounds” only gives you 1 round. You have to select 4 rounds and then 5 directly afterwards. The same with the flashbangs.
Downloadable version has no MED.
Patch doesn’t do anything (it won’t even install on my pc).
There is no “rlight2 – runway lights #2”
There is no “rlight1 – runway lights #1”
There is no “bboard01 – billboard01”
There is no “bboard02 – billboard02”
There is no “bboard03 – billboard03”
“fx_blue light – constant” is in fact a “Diboat1 – Spawn_indo 3 50s Assault boat
“fx_white light – constant” is in fact a “Dnbo 1052 – Spawn_Nb0-105 miniguns indo helo
“fx_yellow light – constant” is in fact a “Diboat1 – Spawn_indo 3 50s Assault boat
There is no “Ah6mini – Miniguns for DAH64”
Attaching to the “avenger – Avenger SAM Turret” causes a sysdump
Attaching to the “Quad50 – Quad 50 for Dquad1” causes a sysdump

Old 01-06-2010, 07:52 AM
Navigator is offline Navigator

Spinney, you are so right. Tough to determine a feature left out vs. a feature that performs incorrectly.

Although, I challenge the 4 RPG thing. In any one game, if I go to the armory the first time and select a RPG, it always gives me just 1, unless I specifically click 5 then it gives me 5 and for every respawn afterward it gives me 5. After the first time, I only have to go into the armory and then click the lower right OK and I get 5, basically the previous selections are saved as default.

Now that raises another question. If you are seeing this fluke, then how many other issues that seem to be flukes are not flukes for others ?

Are you running any mods ?
Old 01-06-2010, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navigator View Post
Are you running any mods ?
Not running any mods as yet although I'll give BO a go when my hard disk is up to scratch. I'm just seeing what I can do with it at the moment.
Some guy at DFbarracks couldn't get the RPGs to scroll down and give him 4 and mine never gives me 5. Always 1 even though it says 5. I have to select 4 first!!
Old 01-06-2010, 12:24 PM
MERMITE is offline MERMITE

Spinney, I'm glad you put up that post, and not me, you know you are about to fall out with Skinny K, he's of the opinion it's better than sliced bread...lollololo!

I've corrected some issues, by extracting assets from DFX1, TS or ESC
but the real hassle is in the med def.
There has been a number of mappers who have fallen back to DFX1 or Esc because of numerous glitches, I'm currently building a map in Esc to play in DFX2 or DFX1 just because it's quicker to map in....lol
Old 01-06-2010, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERMITE View Post
you are about to fall out with Skinny K, he's of the opinion it's better than sliced bread
I'm not saying the game is bad but that it has bugs, like all of Novalogic's games! I just wish they would pull their finger out and do something about the bugs instead of leaving them in and letting the players try and sort them out. It's why so many resort to mods! It's getting to the point where the mods have less bugs. As it goes this game is a vast improvement on what it was but when you look at what's on offer from other games it pales in comparison. However, mission editors from other games pale in comparison with this game. The reason I've put this here is so that we can all do our bit and nip any problems in the bud before they start by listing the problems as we find them. Perhaps we could send the list on to Novalogic and then ask for a discount on their next game! I suppose like everything else in life, nothing is perfect.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:36 PM
tonyclifton is offline tonyclifton

Hi!

I have played the all of delta force. This xtreme 2 is beats me. I have stuck or I found a bug.
Single play, Mission: Barricade.
When I find the helicopter crew, then I find enemy soldiers. They don't see me. I destroy the rocket lunchers (4 SAM) and the dish, then a chopper is coming. The chopper is landing and the crahsed helicopter crew is trying to get on to the chopper, but they can't.
What can I do or how can I resolve this bug (or something, my mistake maybe)?

Thanks.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:52 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Send a message via Yahoo to dave61
Selecting “RPG 5 rounds” only gives you 1 round. You have to select 4 rounds and then 5 directly afterwards. The same with the flashbangs.
“fx_blue light – constant” is in fact a “Diboat1 – Spawn_indo 3 50s Assault boat
“fx_white light – constant” is in fact a “Dnbo 1052 – Spawn_Nb0-105 miniguns indo helo
“fx_yellow light – constant” is in fact a “Diboat1 – Spawn_indo 3 50s Assault boat
AI can still see (and shoot) through hills and concrete walls.
Eindo12 (standing AI with Dragunov) will glitch when placed on top of objects.
Spinmap zoom cannot be changed when exporting maps.
Tunnel bugs still there leftover from DFX.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:29 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
keep inmind if you downloaded the (a paid version download) from steampower need to update it thou them. not same as a box version update
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 01-26-2010, 04:17 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
keep inmind if you downloaded the (a paid version download) from steampower need to update it thou them. not same as a box version update
Hey William,

Just to verify, I got my DFX2 off the shelf. Not downloaded.
So, what I say may not be the same as someone who has downloaded DFX2 from the internet!

JFYI,
Dave61
Old 02-18-2010, 12:36 PM
chopperprop is offline chopperprop
=TMW=

Send a message via MSN to chopperprop
Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinney View Post
Bug list for DFX2 (mappers’ list): Please copy, paste and add to list.

Here is a list of the bugs I have found so far. Please add to this. I think it’s a good idea to know what we can and cannot do with this game as it’s starting to become a bit irksome finding all this out after spending so much time on a mission only to find it full of holes because of certain bugs. Not the end of the world though. It would be nice if Novalogic came up with a (workable) patch to fix the bugs. But perhaps that’s the stuff of a madman’s dream!

I have noticed that objects become unstable if there are too many players around. example:on my map where you spawn on a platform of any type all is good as long as ther are not more that 10 players or BG's then you fall through. If there is a armory it too becomes unstable if there are too many players around, both of these instances are apparent more if there are FX's involved.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:48 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopperprop View Post
I have noticed that objects become unstable if there are too many players around. example:on my map where you spawn on a platform of any type all is good as long as ther are not more that 10 players or BG's then you fall through. If there is a armory it too becomes unstable if there are too many players around, both of these instances are apparent more if there are FX's involved.
So, .... nothing you mentioned has changed from the original DFX.

Same old bugs/glitches .... nothing new.

Welcome to NOVAWORLD.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:03 AM
tonyclifton is offline tonyclifton

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyclifton View Post
Hi!

I have played the all of delta force. This xtreme 2 is beats me. I have stuck or I found a bug.
Single play, Mission: Barricade.
When I find the helicopter crew, then I find enemy soldiers. They don't see me. I destroy the rocket lunchers (4 SAM) and the dish, then a chopper is coming. The chopper is landing and the crahsed helicopter crew is trying to get on to the chopper, but they can't.
What can I do or how can I resolve this bug (or something, my mistake maybe)?

Thanks.

Nobody don't understand it? I have wrote it wrong place/topic?
Old 03-02-2010, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyclifton View Post
Nobody don't understand it? I have wrote it wrong place/topic?
Sorry Tony, didn't see it before. Truth is I prefer to play the mappers maps. They tend to be better than what Novalogic comes up with. I'll give Barricade a try later today if I have time and see what the prolem is.
Oh thanks for adding to the list everyone. It all goes to help the mapper. I've noticed there were problems with that eindo 12 sniper before in JO but didn't think it would still happen in DFX2. How wrong I was!