Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Gaming Talk
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Gaming Talk Post all your game related stuff here. This includes PC, Console, Handhelds etc.

Old 01-02-2012, 08:39 PM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
Skyrim

Any of you guys play it yet? It looks like a mighty tempting purchase to me. Not really into the RPG game type but the trailers for this just look too cool.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:14 AM
Mstenger404 is offline Mstenger404

Send a message via MSN to Mstenger404
My girlfriend got it for me for Christmas. I already spent about 30 hours on it already (according to steam not xfire).

I can appreciate the fact that it's not a $60 linear un-moddable rail shooter like most games that came out recently. A lot of the side quests alone can amount to have the same amount of content that will keep you busy for 6 hours, but that was just one side quest. It's not grinding away at something either (no kill 25 enemies and collect something) It's all convince someone to hand over a key item, explore dungeons and collect power weapons, marry your body guard (what?), steal a gem and use the pickpocket function to place that stolen item into someone's pocket to get them in trouble with the law forcing their business to close down (that one was a side quest to gain entrance to the thieves guild), and a whole lot of random encounters like someone just ran up to me and said "Here take this and keep quiet about it, I'll pay lots if you give it back to me later but whatever you do keep your mouth shut or I'll hurt you."

Then there's traveling from one town to the next, you're bound to come across bandits attacking on sight (once they held a toll road charging 200 to pass but you can fight instead if you wanted to), wolfs, giants, and every now and then a dragon.

Intel Q9300 Quad~2.5Ghz
PALIT GTX570
ASUS GTX280 Dedicated PhysX
WD Velociraptor 300GB 10k RPM
WD Caviar Black 1TB 7,200 RPM
4GB Patriot DDR3 1333mhz
Intel BOXDX48BT2 X48
Corsair 1000Watt Modular PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
ASUS VG238H 23" 120Hz 3D-Ready
Old 01-03-2012, 11:30 AM
MERMITE is offline MERMITE

Quote:
Originally Posted by atholon View Post
Any of you guys play it yet? It looks like a mighty tempting purchase to me. Not really into the RPG game type but the trailers for this just look too cool.
Last year I did the part Oblivion, and I'm about a third thru Skyrim
bugs are few, but you do need a current pc and a better vid card than most games, and oh!!! the sound, as Mus says it's a bit different to any current FPS army type crap ...of do this, do that
Has it improved my mapping...You betcha!.to have a game and do what you want, in it is great, one day you may wanna do the job! next day you may wanna take a day off and just kill all the wolfs in town, or just steal of of the townsfolk,
but sooner or later you got to get back to work and learn all that magic cr@p, thats the bug for me.
If your'e in to 'open' type games or even high end 'art' then you gotta take this on board...just to see how far novalogic is behind the 8 ball even!!!
score 9:10
compare bf3 6:10
MW3 4:10
DF AF 4:10 (?)

"M"
Old 01-08-2012, 05:07 PM
MERMITE is offline MERMITE

UPDATE:

Got it at last is the ......KILLABLE CHILDREN MOD, allows you to kill the annoying kids in this game, not that theres that many, nor is it any big deal, but as a bug in this mod,....does allow you to play as a child, very handy when you gotta bail...right quick,

At last the manual/map case arrived from Amazon, very good value indeed, can't see Nova coming up with this level of Gameplay, hell! I've lost weight ...lol

"M"
Old 01-08-2012, 06:54 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

I got it but haven't played it yet. I watched a buddy of mine play for awhile and it looks pretty amazing.

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq