Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Gaming Talk

Gaming Talk Post all your game related stuff here. This includes PC, Console, Handhelds etc.

Old 05-20-2007, 01:57 AM
Uber-Pirate is offline Uber-Pirate

Its About Time...

Starcraft 2 is announced!

Not much information has been released yet, but a few intresting bits have, the three original races return, but only a couple of new protoss units have been announced as of yet.
Imortals: robotic walkers that replaced the dragoons
Stalkers: the dark templar version of imortals
Phase prisms: teleporting transports
Colossus: gigantic walkers with laser beams designed to cut zerglings to shreds.

Blizzard has stated that Starcraft 2 will continue the story of the original and its expansion pack Brood War. And the main characters will come along for the ride too. The game will run under a 3d engine this time, and will sport the same gameplay / interface as before.

gonna check as often as possible for updates. Starcraft was the game that got me into pc gaming, and was the only thing i played for about 2 years so needless to say, im very excited about this...
Old 05-20-2007, 05:28 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
not much info?

check out these vids m8

http://www.irserious.com/2007/05/19/...meplay-videos/
Old 05-20-2007, 04:06 PM

the main starcraft 2 website has both official videos, and just about everything else... except for those extra gameplay clips

but oops, did miss a few new things. New terran infantry unit, Reapers have jet packs, and at least one new zerg unit nydus worms, basicly a giant tunneling worm. and two other protoss units that i misses, the phoenix wich can overload to deal a large amount of damage in a burst around itself, but is temporaily helpless afterward. and the Mothership, basicly a giant capital-laser / black hole-spewing ship.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:24 PM
Grenademan is offline Grenademan

Damn you beat me to it.

Watched the teaser trailer and 3 gameplay videos on youtube yesterday. This game looks good. Been playing Starcraft since its first year out (like nearly 10 years ago wasnt it?) and the sequel looks awesome. But people are already making some pretty stupid judgements so far. "It all looks the same", "there isnt anything new", "its just the same as the first". To hell with what they think. I like the fact that Blizzard is retaining the same old look of the first one, the bottom sidebar, unit kill counter and the look of the buildings. Terran buildings look the same, just glossed over to look better, and i like that.

All i need to know is the system specs, and SC2'll be mine when its released.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:09 PM

9 years

also theyre TRYING to make it feel / look the same as the original, so yea, it does lol and they're doing that because thats exactly what the fans want.

also to note: since blizzard has said the game is playable in multiplayer, been in development since 03 (shortly after warcraft 3), and that many dev. team members want to do something "special" for starcraft's 10th annivercery. i got the feeling the game will end up being released late in 08 (my opinion, nothing official)
Old 05-20-2007, 11:04 PM
Grenademan is offline Grenademan

Who knows.

I for one hope that they keep the classic skirimish (or custom game as its called) in SC2. But this is Blizzard. I have faith in them, but i still hope they include some good AI. A lot of games these days are shifting to MP only, which really sucks for people who cant/dont play online.

We can only wait and see. They've been working on this since 2003, so i doubt they'll release too much info.