Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 08-15-2013, 11:53 AM
X-SNIPER is offline X-SNIPER

Cool Creating .bms w/custom skins

I have downloaded a few maps and played some on servers that have custom skins that are viewable on stock BHD game files. I am hoping someone on here can explain to me how this can be done. I understand how to change/view and edit .dds, .3dl, and other types of files. But only the game with the file edits/changes can see the altered skins. Have a look at this map http://novahq.net/?show=maps&cmd=goto&id=9563 called "-DD-'s Hell" By By "King Viper" he has made other custom skinned maps also. I haven't been able to get ahold of him. These maps skins are viewable by any player w/out any mods or file edits, just stock game. If the map is edited the skins will go away. how is this done? Thank you for your help.
Old 08-15-2013, 08:07 PM
grenadier501 is offline grenadier501
JO mod maker

that's done by "removing" the terrain type of your map.
First save your map, then look for the .MIS file and open it with notepad, look for a line that says "terrain_color x" and put any number there except 0 1 and 2, any number except those will work.. done that save the changes , return to the MED, reopen your map and export it and now you should see the altered skins of the objects in your map..

give it a try
Old 08-16-2013, 04:13 AM
X-SNIPER is offline X-SNIPER

Wink Thanks grenadier501 !!

Thanks grenadier501 !! It works !!! I've been trying to figure that out for a long time. Thanks for the help.
Old 03-29-2015, 12:34 PM
Drunk-Sniper is offline Drunk-Sniper

Do i know you ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grenadier501 View Post
that's done by "removing" the terrain type of your map.
First save your map, then look for the .MIS file and open it with notepad, look for a line that says "terrain_color x" and put any number there except 0 1 and 2, any number except those will work.. done that save the changes , return to the MED, reopen your map and export it and now you should see the altered skins of the objects in your map..

give it a try
Is that you RadonX19 ? d(*.*)b