Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Sigs and Graphics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sigs and Graphics Show off your sigs/graphics or request your own

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 10:07 PM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
ahaha I don't think ringer is that good...
Old 03-10-2005, 10:52 PM
Rider is offline Rider

Quote:
Originally posted by KILLAR_KI
shut up ringer :P so ur telling me that them dudes u have in your sig u created them urself :P RIPPER!!!
Not the same thing, they make game wallpapers for everyone to use, they are free to the public but if you take another persons artwork and use it as your own without their consent then YES that is ripping sorry to say it but that means u ripped it

Looks as though #1 is a rip as well
Old 03-10-2005, 11:44 PM
KILLAR_KI is offline KILLAR_KI

who cares lol... they looks good :P
Old 03-11-2005, 12:03 AM
Rider is offline Rider

ya they do but we should be telling the owner of them that they look good, not you........ as a graphic artist its just an unwritten rule not to rip anothers work but I guess that only applies to the actual artists

dont know about anyone else but if I spent hours and hours of my time on my work and someone took as their own, I get pretty peeved

take from someone whose been ripped many times its not very nice
Old 03-11-2005, 05:40 AM
.enfo. is offline .enfo.

Send a message via ICQ to .enfo.
^^ owned!

i would say something, but rider said all that i was gonna say, you are my god

Supporter > < Supporter
Quote:
Originally posted by A TIN OF GAS
enfo... u suck!

p.s. love ya really enfo
Old 03-11-2005, 05:52 AM
EDGE is offline EDGE

Send a message via ICQ to EDGE Send a message via AIM to EDGE Send a message via Yahoo to EDGE
And yes Killar, alot of people care when it comes to being ripped or ripping others work.
Old 03-11-2005, 07:43 AM
retarfd is offline retarfd

ok let me take both sides of this

this was pulled out of GW agreement

Content On Our Sites
Our sites include a combination of content that we create, that our partners create and that our users create. All materials published on our sites, including, but not limited to, written content, photographs, graphics, images, illustrations, marks, logos, sound or video clips and flash animation, are protected by our copyrights or trademarks or those of our partners. You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce, create derivative works of, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display or in any way exploit any of the materials or content or our sites in whole or in part

its the same lines as going to www.themexp.org and using one of theres to make a sig. the companys like microsoft or anyothers logos and or trademarks are there property they see us as not potential lawsuits now if we was making millions off of it they would so in a sense we all rip others art no matter if it was made by a company artist or by a low end artists like ourselfs but the truth is still bitter and cold its still someones art. thats why its copyrighted would you like to work days on a project for a company to make something so orignal that its popular so popular that you see it in 1,000 sigs banners templates kinda makes the feeling of orginal seem farfetched.

now to take the other side

we all use -->somebodys art <--- no matter big artist or small artist the ripper will use the whole sig the modifyed version with the touched up brushes etc etc..... so if he took a pic from a wallpaper hes no more a ripper than any of us.

case closed.........

i have no further witnesses your honor
asus mobo
Ati 9800XT 256meg

JEALOUS? U SHOULD BE MINES BETTER

Last edited by retarfd; 03-11-2005 at 07:51 AM.
Old 03-11-2005, 09:11 AM
.Simon. is offline .Simon.

dude tha case was closed anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
next person to post half naked gets banned
Old 03-11-2005, 09:51 AM
Rider is offline Rider

Quote:
Originally posted by retarfd
ok let me take both sides of this

this was pulled out of GW agreement

Content On Our Sites
Our sites include a combination of content that we create, that our partners create and that our users create. All materials published on our sites, including, but not limited to, written content, photographs, graphics, images, illustrations, marks, logos, sound or video clips and flash animation, are protected by our copyrights or trademarks or those of our partners. You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce, create derivative works of, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display or in any way exploit any of the materials or content or our sites in whole or in part

its the same lines as going to www.themexp.org and using one of theres to make a sig. the companys like microsoft or anyothers logos and or trademarks are there property they see us as not potential lawsuits now if we was making millions off of it they would so in a sense we all rip others art no matter if it was made by a company artist or by a low end artists like ourselfs but the truth is still bitter and cold its still someones art. thats why its copyrighted would you like to work days on a project for a company to make something so orignal that its popular so popular that you see it in 1,000 sigs banners templates kinda makes the feeling of orginal seem farfetched.

now to take the other side

we all use -->somebodys art <--- no matter big artist or small artist the ripper will use the whole sig the modifyed version with the touched up brushes etc etc..... so if he took a pic from a wallpaper hes no more a ripper than any of us.

case closed.........

i have no further witnesses your honor
Obviously you've never been ripped

or u havent spent more then a few minutes just making sigs so u dont care if u get ripped, but spend a few days on one piece and then go to a site where someone is using ur work in a sotw or making sigs with it and claiming its their work, then you will see another side, sorry but u sound like someone who has no idea what im talking about
Old 03-11-2005, 10:09 AM
retarfd is offline retarfd

yea rider i have not been ripped read the post i meade here i will help clear this up for you

"would you like to work days on a project for a company to make something so orignal that its popular so popular that you see it in 1,000 sigs banners templates kinda makes the feeling of orginal seem farfetched."

sorry but u seem like a person who does not read the entire thing before opening mouth
asus mobo
Ati 9800XT 256meg

JEALOUS? U SHOULD BE MINES BETTER
Old 03-11-2005, 11:07 AM
.ringer. is offline .ringer.

alright its okay retard, settle down there big guy

lol killar i was just kidding
Old 03-11-2005, 11:14 AM
BOne is offline BOne

Send a message via ICQ to BOne Send a message via Yahoo to BOne
ok guys ..... we've all used a wallpaper,or some variant there of...killar is a gr8 gfx artist ive seen alot of his work..maybe this time he used a large piece of a wallpaper ... maybe he ripped it ... but unfortunately thats the nature of the internet..if you post it they will come...ive been here long enough to see RIDER get ripped ... ive been here long enough to see people copy KILLARS sigs in an attempt to copy his style....ive seen peeps take bits and pieces of just about everything to use in a sig from video clips to T!Ts none of you that i know of are producing graphics on a professional level yet ... meaning the entire piece is yours INCLUDING TEXT ...yes if you use text from da font you ripped....because you didnt create the font....what alot of you need to realize is this is just entertainment nuttin more .. unless your actually workin toward a career in GFX then all your doin is playn....lighten up .. have fun ... make GFX .. learn the program .... how many of you can actually say you could beat KILLAR in a GFX battle where you could not use a pic...usein nuttin but photoshop ...and there are a few peeps here who have actuall PS7 skill (i wont name drop you know who you are) all im sayn is this rippin thing is a joke get over it ..

<< stepping down off soap box now >>
Old 03-11-2005, 11:17 AM
Dr. Bullet is offline Dr. Bullet

Send a message via ICQ to Dr. Bullet
*clapping*

Couldn't agree more.
Old 03-11-2005, 11:36 AM
"ath-hole"

True that...
Old 03-11-2005, 12:42 PM
.ringer. is offline .ringer.

Quote:
Originally posted by BOne
how many of you can actually say you could beat KILLAR in a GFX battle
me!
lol
Old 03-11-2005, 12:55 PM

lol ass

Quote:
Old 03-11-2005, 12:57 PM
"ath-hole"

Ok, lets see this battle ringer...I want to see killar humiliate you!!
Old 03-11-2005, 01:05 PM

i wouldnt mind seeing this. i recon ringer will do pretty well if he sets his mind to it properly

Quote:
Old 03-11-2005, 01:34 PM
Dr. Bullet is offline Dr. Bullet

Send a message via ICQ to Dr. Bullet
Hehe, I need a popcorn and coke for this one
Old 03-11-2005, 01:37 PM
"ath-hole"

Good idea, I gotta run down to the cafeteria