Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > News

News News and comment posting for the main page. Use this forum to submit your news.

Old 09-16-2015, 08:40 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Great games to all who showed up last night, I had a blast. The server was so close to being full a few times

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nova1.png
Views:	471
Size:	163.3 KB
ID:	3630   Click image for larger version

Name:	nova2.png
Views:	467
Size:	187.8 KB
ID:	3631   Click image for larger version

Name:	nova3.png
Views:	486
Size:	203.1 KB
ID:	3632  

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 09-17-2015, 03:09 AM
SimonS is offline SimonS

Sniper on the hill, Sniper on the hill.

Jealous of you guys - as much as I love DF2, I must give DF1 a shot too. Would kill to play some castle wars again
Old 09-17-2015, 06:52 AM
Trooper is offline Trooper

if it does not work try the download link if u need a link pm me or check fb group
Old 09-17-2015, 06:54 AM
Trooper is offline Trooper

kensta here ... great games last night!! .
Old 09-17-2015, 09:14 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonS View Post
Sniper on the hill, Sniper on the hill.

Jealous of you guys - as much as I love DF2, I must give DF1 a shot too. Would kill to play some castle wars again
I never really played DF1 but it's very similar to DF2. If I'm feeling like a game I just see whichever lobby is more busy and hop on

Old 09-17-2015, 01:16 PM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

Damn, shame I missed it!

My photography website

Old 09-17-2015, 04:51 PM
BlacKSmurF is offline BlacKSmurF

Holy crap! Did you guys schedule that, or did the game just fill up? Can't believe there are that many people downloading this patch and looking for games, that's awesome. I'll be right there with you all as soon as I get a Windows machine set up...
Old 09-17-2015, 06:10 PM
SimonS is offline SimonS

NovaHQ are you on facebook/reddit etc? There are a lot of lapsed fans lingering on the internet and they can be easily reached these days. Whenever I mention DF on reddit people go ape****
Old 09-17-2015, 10:12 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacKSmurF View Post
Holy crap! Did you guys schedule that, or did the game just fill up? Can't believe there are that many people downloading this patch and looking for games, that's awesome. I'll be right there with you all as soon as I get a Windows machine set up...
The game just filled up Smurf. It happens every once in awhile, Facebook really helps. There have been a couple of full server games since the lobby fix. I played 8vs8 DF2 just the other day.

Quote:
NovaHQ are you on facebook/reddit etc? There are a lot of lapsed fans lingering on the internet and they can be easily reached these days. Whenever I mention DF on reddit people go ape****
Simon: For so long the lobby was broken and very hard for the average person to join games. There are two very active groups on Facebook for DF1 and DF2. One has 500 members and the other over 1000. I'm on my phone right now but if you search delta force and delta force 2 reunion you can easily find them. I see people on reddit mention it once in awhile with a lot of nostalgia posts following but no one really cares enough to actually play.

Even though I don't personally condone it, there are links on the DF1 facebook page that make DF1 and DF2 very easy to play, fully updated with the lobbies fixed. If it wasn't so damn confusing I'd never mention it........

Old 09-18-2015, 06:06 AM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

Got mine working yesterday, Win 10 opted to install an app for the game, installed it and everything worked directly, installed the patch which was easy and then got on to the novahq server in a jiffy. Great work devilsclaw!

My photography website

Old 09-18-2015, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
Simon: For so long the lobby was broken and very hard for the average person to join games. There are two very active groups on Facebook for DF1 and DF2. One has 500 members and the other over 1000. I'm on my phone right now but if you search delta force and delta force 2 reunion you can easily find them. I see people on reddit mention it once in awhile with a lot of nostalgia posts following but no one really cares enough to actually play.
I am all for cussing and smack talking once in a game, but I'm disappointed the FB group's public description uses profanity and references tea bagging... Not exactly the most professional thing to be associated with. (Like it or not, employers and colleagues Facebook stalk everyone).

Edit: Can you give a link to the DF1 group? I can only find the DF2 group when I look.

Also, I am in absolute shock, but DFX2 has 35,841 likes on Facebook. It must have sold way more copies than I'd ever imagined... they used almost no new assets, same engine, etc. so their profit margin must've been enormous on every unit sold. Being generous and assuming one in five people that bought the game Liked it on Facebook, sales would be at 179,205, yielding a gross revenue of $3,584,100 (assuming everyone purchased at $20/copy).

There is no way that's right... DFX1 has under 5k likes, and DFX2's marketing was abysmal... did many people even play that game? I know they found it in Osama Bin Laden's house during the raid. Sorry to go off on a tangent...

Last edited by BlacKSmurF; 09-18-2015 at 09:41 AM.
Old 09-18-2015, 10:05 AM
SimonS is offline SimonS

Also confirming the DF1 steam version as not working with the patch. The game simply crashes when you try to launch.

I also cannot run DF1 fullscreen without a huge Windows10 task bar (with the _ Square and X) at the top. It's huge because its like a 640x480 window. Can't seem to get rid of it with Alt + Enter etc.

Windows 10 & Steam here.
Old 09-18-2015, 10:23 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacKSmurF View Post
I am all for cussing and smack talking once in a game, but I'm disappointed the FB group's public description uses profanity and references tea bagging... Not exactly the most professional thing to be associated with. (Like it or not, employers and colleagues Facebook stalk everyone).

Edit: Can you give a link to the DF1 group? I can only find the DF2 group when I look.

Also, I am in absolute shock, but DFX2 has 35,841 likes on Facebook. It must have sold way more copies than I'd ever imagined... they used almost no new assets, same engine, etc. so their profit margin must've been enormous on every unit sold. Being generous and assuming one in five people that bought the game Liked it on Facebook, sales would be at 179,205, yielding a gross revenue of $3,584,100 (assuming everyone purchased at $20/copy).

There is no way that's right... DFX1 has under 5k likes, and DFX2's marketing was abysmal... did many people even play that game? I know they found it in Osama Bin Laden's house during the raid. Sorry to go off on a tangent...
Can't help the group message on Facebook . I'm not an admin there. But the DF1 group is here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/dfworld/

DFX2 probably did sell a lot of copies because at the time everyone was clamoring for a new NL game.

Quote:
I also cannot run DF1 fullscreen without a huge Windows10 task bar (with the _ Square and X) at the top. It's huge because its like a 640x480 window. Can't seem to get rid of it with Alt + Enter etc..
Have you tried all the compatibility and color settings from right clicking on the exe? Did you find the "non-steam" version of DF1 or something?

Last edited by Scott; 03-02-2017 at 04:31 PM.
Old 09-18-2015, 12:23 PM

Thanks Scott While we are on the subject of DFX2 and DF/DF2... did anyone try DFX2? DFX felt nothing like the original DF games, even BHD. Never even considered giving DFX2 a shot after that.

Simon, let us know if you get the Steam version working, as it's the version I'll be buying...
Old 09-19-2015, 12:39 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

I have never played DFX2. I actually have a copy from eBay sitting on my desk waiting to be installed.. I too wonder if it's even worth it. Word on the street is it's exactly like DFX.. Sort of like how TFD was the same as LW and DF2 was the same as DF1.

Old 09-20-2015, 10:44 PM
--BulletMagnet-- is offline --BulletMagnet--
DF2 Forever

Send a message via MSN to --BulletMagnet--
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
I have never played DFX2. I actually have a copy from eBay sitting on my desk waiting to be installed.. I too wonder if it's even worth it. Word on the street is it's exactly like DFX.. Sort of like how TFD was the same as LW and DF2 was the same as DF1.
Yep, I can confirm it is a DFX expansion pack. I can't think of any improvements in DFX2.

I tried playing through the campaign the other day for the sake of completeness but just couldn't do it. The story is the same ol' bland terrorist/drug lord crap, the voice acting is horrendous, and multiplayer never changed after the BHD engine.
Old 09-20-2015, 10:51 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

I've been meaning to play all the campaigns.. I've NEVER completed a campaign in a NL game. The only game I played past a few missions was DF2 and that was only a few missions until I clicked the Join MP game and literally disappeared to the basement for months. I've never made it past the first temple map in LW and haven't even tried the single player in DF1--TFD-BHD etc. In my opinion, NL released a semi-new game ever two cycles. DF2 is VERY similar to DF1 (even same sounds??), TFD is like LW... then you have BHD and TS, DFX and DFX2 and Jops.. Some were official expansions but IMO TFD was just a nice EXP for LW. That's why it died so quickly. LW is nothing like DF2 and BHD is nothing like LW. The rest? Well.. mostly played the same. But maybe I'm wrong.

Old 09-21-2015, 04:17 AM
SimonS is offline SimonS

It's a shame we can't get someone really smart to get modern day resolutions for DF2. I love to play now, but the low rez really gets to you being a 2k gamer. Modern day gripes a?
Old 09-21-2015, 07:49 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

I heard that devilsclaw might be working on something to fix the resolution but he didn't know if it was possible because of the engine used.

Old 09-21-2015, 08:23 AM
SimonS is offline SimonS

That would be good, it would be amazing if a re-released version of DF2 could be done, but I would imagine this wouldn't be possible. As the engine is voxel based I guess higher resolutions are going to be really difficult and unoptimised. I remember trying 1280x960 and was almost like a slideshow with modern hardware!