Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 07-09-2008, 03:25 AM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Dreams

I KEEP having dreams where I'm stranded at my own house by an enemy, and I have to escape, and when I do escape, I can't feel my legs when I run and/or run real slow!

Last night I had a dream where Combine Overwatch stranded me at my own house. I managed to escape, running bare feet. I escaped with a few other companions.

Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 07-09-2008, 10:17 AM
Mstenger404 is offline Mstenger404

Send a message via MSN to Mstenger404
time to open up the source sdk tools?

Intel Q9300 Quad~2.5Ghz
PALIT GTX570
ASUS GTX280 Dedicated PhysX
WD Velociraptor 300GB 10k RPM
WD Caviar Black 1TB 7,200 RPM
4GB Patriot DDR3 1333mhz
Intel BOXDX48BT2 X48
Corsair 1000Watt Modular PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
ASUS VG238H 23" 120Hz 3D-Ready
Old 07-09-2008, 10:18 AM
Grenademan is offline Grenademan

Every dream one has is up for interpretation (and with the scale of dreams I have - I have A LOT of interpreting to do) and quiet often do mean something more than what you see.

From what I can tell, the concept of you being "trapped" in your own household is related to your current living conditions - with these "Combine" being your authoritive figure in real life. Your paralysis - while it may not be related to the true motives behind the dream (as the paralysis itself is caused by chemicals released by the brain during a certain stage of sleep which stops you from acting out your dreams) - may mean that you simply do not possess the means nor the will to "escape" from your situation, for whatever reason that may be.

Either that or it might be time to cut some hours off of your gaming sessions .
Old 07-09-2008, 12:20 PM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
Too much Hl2 that's all there is to it!
Old 07-09-2008, 06:46 PM

Oh yeah, trust me, in reality I am trapped in this household. No, it's not the Combine, don't ya worry.
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 07-09-2008, 07:19 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
your bond to your life style is all.

when you get older and move out of the family home you will find that outside is no better ether.

you only jump out of the frying pan into the fire, its the way life works. no way getting around it. we all are slave to the life

join the arm forces in your area or work for a person to make a liven you'll still be a slave and have less rights then the man with the power to tell you what you have to do!
==============
i am a alain from another planet and liven here is the sh*ts here as will, was no better on my home planet ether. same same were ever you go. your a slave to the power or money its the way of life
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 07-09-2008, 10:42 PM
Grenademan is offline Grenademan

Quote:
Originally posted by Chrispy
Oh yeah, trust me, in reality I am trapped in this household. No, it's not the Combine, don't ya worry.
Just as I suspected.

The mind is a beautiful thing.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:48 PM

Yeah, the mind tells us everything.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:02 PM
"ath-hole"

Mine doesn`t.

Just a bunch of garbled up junk. I want a refund!
Old 07-09-2008, 11:31 PM
Mauser 98K is offline Mauser 98K

good lord that pic gives me the hibyjibies, it looks so much like the processing point of a detention center i have seen in one of my dreams.

and those guys look a awful lot like the das homeland security\heartland security goons with gasmasks on.

but i have had dreams that are becomeing real today.

in one i am standing in my old highschool looking out across the playground, it doesnt look like what i remembered from going there , it was all growed up and the door was hanging off the hinges.

in the hallway i could see the light coming in bouncing off the headlights from a car or truck, i was waiting for dark or something so i could move about safely, and i was talking to some1 and there was sleeping bags in the corner.

the school was in total ruin, with paint chipping and knee high grass in the football field.

i had this dream in 1992, i was still going to school here in 1992, they closed the school down 5 years back, i went by there the other day and it is looking a lot like my dream, i went inside because the doors have been pried open i was able to, the place has been gutted by lowlifes, the celing is hanging down where they stole the wiring, the grass has goten to almost knee high in the football field, it looks almost exactly like my dream i had.

funny thing is, the hallways are much to small for a regular car or truck, the only thing i can get in there is my samurai, if i take the center devider off the doorjam for the double doors, i can drive it into the hallways.

i have another dream also, it was sorta short being i was roused sudenly by my mom telling me to get off my lazy ass and get ready for school.

it was dark, very dark, i was in something like a big warehouse or gym, the windows had been painted over and other boarded up, i could tell it was a big room for there was enough light comeing in around the plywood and thru the thin layers of paint to see it was a big room.

there were other people there, cant remember their faces but i can remember that i was working on a PVS-7 system, replaceing something in the power unit, i was wering what i do now, cammo pants and a tanktop shirt, they was all faded and threads were sticking off the seams.

i dont look much older than i do now if really any older, there was a comotion outside and we was gearing up to investigate when i was woken up.

this1 hasnt even showed any sign of becomeing real, but the school being ruins, it is almost like i had the dream afterwards.

but if ya start havingdreams where ya are under seige chrispy, i would make excape plans annd start paying attention to my surounding very closely, it moght be nothing but then again it moght be ya subconcious telling ya to beware.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:47 AM
VooDoo- is offline VooDoo-

that "trapped" feeling has to do with the fact that as your sleeping .. especially when one is not that deep in a sleep.. that your brain kind of "shuts down" most of it's motor functions so you don't move around (as you would not in deep sleep) and you interpret that in your dream as not being able to "get away"

i had to study that stuff .. but it was kind of interesting because the stuff i learned really did help interpret dreams
Old 07-10-2008, 01:19 AM
"ath-hole"

You talking about psychology eh?

I am excited to take that in the spring. At least that is one general credit I would like to take.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:07 AM

I absolutely hate dreams where I can't run or see. And whenever I can run, I struggle to run fast, as if I'm too fat or I lack leg muscles or something...
Old 07-10-2008, 02:25 AM
Mauser 98K is offline Mauser 98K

gravity has reversed itself, ya cant touch the ground, lol.