Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 06-21-2008, 06:36 PM
antiokus is offline antiokus

RollEyes How to create skins for this game?

Kan anyone help me to create new skins for delta force extreme please? I would like to create a new mod and need such info. Thanks alot to anyone that can help me.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:14 PM
skinny killer is offline skinny killer
HappyGoLucky

Send a message via Yahoo to skinny killer
I've done some weapon skinning b4. I'll help.

you'll need the following programs. don't wory they are free. some you can download here.

Needed Programs:

Decompression tool

PFF editor

DDS converter

Optional programs that help alot:

GIMP (Helped me out alot if you can't aford any high priced programs. has alot of great tools and it edits TGA files and that's a BIG plus for skinning.

IrFanView great for quickly viewing TGA files and converting image files..........etc

__________________________________________________ ______

now after you've downloaded and installed all of the programs you can start.........

open the PFF utlity. when it opens go to file and select "open". locate your DFX Directory folder and in that folder open the .PFF file called "Resource.pff". now once it opens you'll see a blank white area to the left of the program. in that box you'll see the name "Resource.pff". click on it so that it is highlighted. then look down to the botem left of the program and you'll see a drop-down box called "filters" in that box select "DDS".

now it will show all the DDS files that are packed into the Resource.pff. DDS files are the files containing the textures for the objects in the game. they are the ones you'll be editing.

now find the texture you want to edit in the big list and right click on it and select extract. extract it to the Desktop or any folder you want. it's best to extract all of the files in the list to a folder so you can view them later. but for now lets just stick to editing one file as an example. lets edit the weapon skin for the M4 assault rifle. look in the PFF list and find the file called "A_M4.dds". now extract it to any folder you like.

now open the Decompression tools and run the .exe called "BFC1Extractor.exe". when the "Open" box pops up find the folder you extracted the A_M4.dds to and select the A_M4.dds and click open. then a box will come up saying "job finished". click ok. what this does is it Decompresses it so it can be converted to TGA and edited. the DDS converter will NOT convert the files untill they are decompressed. the Decompresser can only decompress like 15 files at a time.

now once it is decompressed open the DDS converter and find the A_M4.dds and convert it to .BMP or TGA or what ever you want. I'd do .BMP because it can be opened in any image program.

now open the file in any kind of image editing program and make what ever changes you want and use the DDS converter program to convert it back to DDS. then simply drop the edited version of the A_M4.DDS into your DFX directory.just make sure it's the same name as before or it won't work.

now open your DFX game and load a map and see if the M4 has the changes.

if you want to remove the changes simply remove the file from your DFX directory and it'll change back to it's default graphic.

this can be done with any of the DDS files!!!

I hope this works. feal free to ask me any questions
Old 06-25-2008, 02:21 PM
antiokus is offline antiokus

Thanks ALOT!!!!! Gonna make new skins for the players! Yeah, thank you very much!
Old 06-25-2008, 08:49 PM
skinny killer is offline skinny killer
HappyGoLucky

Send a message via Yahoo to skinny killer
no prob bro