Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 07-02-2008, 11:41 PM
*Long* is offline *Long*

Wink Xm8!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63cxeEq5gUk
all the stuff for the XM8!

the only problam with the Xm8 is its almost exactly like the G36!
Old 07-03-2008, 04:53 PM
Mauser 98K is offline Mauser 98K

to small, lol.

and to many moving parts, i like my hakim 7.92x57mm, it has minamal moving parts and has 2,000m worth of adjustments on the sights and a 10rnd clip to be upgraded to 20rnd mag.

wonder how that would fair getting hit in the reciver being half plastic.
Old 07-07-2008, 03:17 PM
SwiftSniper232 is offline SwiftSniper232

Send a message via AIM to SwiftSniper232
im surprised how much the hakim rifle looks like a SKS but functions similarly to an m16
Old 07-07-2008, 04:41 PM

its a copy of the old 6.5x55 swedish ljungman rifle, it hasnt got a gas piston, it has a stainless tube that fits into a pocket in the bolt that forces it back when discharged.

but the action is simular to an sks cept fir the bolt and dust cover, the way the hammer is held and released is close, im gona get me a .308 barrel for it and do some mods to the one i got and make it a heavy barrel hakim in 7.62x51, i already got a scope rail for it that bolts to the reciver.

itll probably only get a 4x scope if i do this, just enough to gain a little over those who dont have optics, and ill still be able to use the iron sights looking under the rail.

the one i got is like this1, i dont see it realy looking like the sks and is a monster compaired to the M16.
Old 07-07-2008, 04:56 PM

blah...sorry i was thinking of the rasheed, a scaled down version. it looks SKS esk

Old 07-07-2008, 05:20 PM

yup, i been looking for 1 of those, but havnt had any luck so far.
Old 07-07-2008, 05:35 PM

yeah ammo is probably cheaper, and 7.62x39 is all over the place. only 8000 made so they are understandably hard to get. at least at a reasonable price
Old 07-07-2008, 08:18 PM

i got a full length norinco sks with chrome lined barrel, shoots good finished puting together a 200rnd bandolier with suspenders the other day.

very comforatable to wear, i found an old chinese cheast pouch at trading post other day, some1 had cut all the straps off of it, gave 3$ for it, took the pile of extra slings o had and made the suspenders and had an old shell belt that had a nice clip type buckle on it, took that buckle and made a bandolier.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:44 PM

I recall not being too much of a fan of the finish on alot of the norinco's (possibly just the civilian model) or maybe it was just the poor lighting that i saw them in. but sounds nice nonetheless.

Still just as happy with the Romanian AK I've got, sadly the strangely finished and actually awkward front grip is still attached

its on my to fix list
Old 07-08-2008, 07:51 AM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
Too bad the Army Axed the rifle. Seemed to be pretty good.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:24 AM
skinny killer is offline skinny killer
HappyGoLucky

Send a message via Yahoo to skinny killer
it doesn't look too reliable.

to looks like it would be hard to take apart to clean.

and because it's bolt olso opens at the top of the gun it seems it would leave it more vulnerable to dirt and dust and anything else that could posably jam the weapon.
not a good thing to know when you have bullits flying part your head.

it also hase nothing to cover the bolt when it's not firing which also seems to leave it exposed to dirt and dust.

They should also have it firing from a open bolt position. this will help keep the weapon air cooled and will have NO risk of a round accidentaly firing from a hot chamber. so it is much safer.

and because of it's sleak, random, design it doesn't look like it will be able to cary such attachments like scoped thermal vission. or any other special attachments.

Me? I would stick with the good ol' M4 or M16.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:26 PM
mrg is offline mrg

Have to agree with Skinner Killer but Sticking to an M4 and M16 yea maybe a M16 and and MP5

Old 07-08-2008, 02:53 PM

cant get to crazy about te M4 or M16, they both **** where they eat(not self cleaning and it just cakes up carbon in the chambre).

the M4 and M16 are very unforgiving and need to be cleaned a lot or it will not function, thank the makers for the super tight tolerences, anything that gets in cant get out easy.

pluss i cant see having steel rubbing on aluminum with carbon and other gritt, thatll lap it away in short order, and that 5.56 isnt worth a hoot if ya know what ya doing.

a truck mudflap hung where it can swing will stop a 5.56 round, a telephone pole will sometimes if it the nice wood type, every rifle i got will go thru 2ft of wood

and i have read that they have cut the 5.56 round down to save on powder for the M4 carbien has such a short barrel decreasing the max effective range to around 250-300m, hell i can shoot 600m and above with what i have, keeping any1 with a 30-06, .308, 7.62x39, .270, hell even a 30-30 has more range and stoping power than most of the guns that our military is using, and if ya have a good 400-500m (where i spend most of my time at when target practicing) aint no way ya gona get to me, keeping in mind i can hit a CD case at 500m with my pet rifle.

and if it me ya going up aganst, i would start poping ya long b4 ya ever get within range for the M4 or M16, and i would start with the highest ranking person and work down unless i see some1 else with a scoped rifle, then they will be 1st.

but don get me wrong, the 5.56 does have its uses, like hunting river rat and spray and pray, and for MOUT, it is just to easy to defeat the little thing, i got a old school a mile down road, abandoned, it has the nice kevelar impregnated stalls, ya have seenem, the stalls that look like plastic composite, most of these are kevelar impregnated o streingthen them, and theywill stop a 30cal butt cold.

make ya some armor to fit in the panels of ya car and they aint gona get ya with 5.56.

what im gona tell ya is something they dont want ya to know.

lexan, ya know the acrilic plexiglass replacement? it will stop a 5.56 if thicker than 1in, and ya can get it for a good price.

take ya some lexan, over 1in thick, and form it into the sheilds that the police and military have, or ya can make ya a C shaped enclosure to protect ya sides too, the shields they use in close quarters, and leave ya a small cut to whatever side ya use for shooting.

put wheels on it if ya cant carry it, and you have a small 1 person armored vehicle thatll stop anything the swat team has withem inside a struture, and ya can just walk up toem as they are spraying and plugem for the lexan over 1in thick will stop their 9mm, 5.56, 40cal, 45cal ball, anything that is small.

ya want to get real snoty, get some 2in thick lexan and itll stop a 30cal.

fortune favors the prepaired mind and the only thing they got over the prepaired mind is superior numbers, witch can be taken care of too with the proper equipment.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:22 PM

^someone's not happy lol jk

yeah i know what you mean, they persistent cleaning required and jamming in dusty and dirty environments is unacceptable. a new gun is needed, HK did it right with the 416 but thats still .223, but i think the 417 is the way to go with .308.

5.56 (.223) has a much higher velocity than the AK, giving it greater range and accuracy, however, that's not much.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:08 PM

lol, im never happy.

the 5.56 was came up by the air force to carry in the planes, the idea behind it was that the gun could be made small and compact and if ya had to shoot some1 beside the plane and if ya acidentaly hit the wing or other skin it could be patched by a pop rivit in the toolkit.

well the powers that be thought it was an excelent idea because ya could carry lots of ammo and the rifle would be lightweight also.

nevermind if ya had some of these 6ft5 islanders doped up on hashish or something ya had to shoot them many times compaired to the 30cal carbien, ya know the arabs we are fighting are more afraid of a shotgun than the m16/m4?

that is why the 45 was developed, the 38cal or 9mmsuper pistoles that were used inWW1-2 got more killed than they saved, ya had these guys who would strap themselves with wood planks and had a sharpend metal slat, basicly a crude sword, and they would get all doped up on something and go on banzai charges.

ever seen a guy doped up on PCP and get shot 20times with 9mm in a police shootout? same diffrence.

they would rushem so fast that they would have to resort to their pistol and being it a small calibur ball, it punched neat holes, and was slowed down by the wood slats they had straped to them, officers emptied entire clips into these charging 6ft islanders and were still hacked to death.

ask a ww1-2 veteran they will tell ya.

so they decided to develope a better battle cartrige that became the 45cal that was used in the Colt 1911 and the thompson, it would take less rounds compaired to the 38cal pistoles that they had.

but that is the probem that is happening now with the terrorist we are fighting.

ya get adrinalin going ya can do some pretty amazing things till ya run out, and with 69gr ball round if ya dont hitem somewhere vital they will still be able to screw ya up.

but the idea behind the wood slats the islanders used was it did 2 things, it slowed the smaller caliburs down and gavem a bigger chance to kill some1 b4 they died and 2 it kepem upright when they had chunks missing, to the islanders it was a honor to die in battle.

any1 who has been in war knows what im talking about, with something small some of them just dont want to go down do they?

that is why most other countries still use 30cal carbiens, like the sks, ak47, and the .308 and 7.72x54r, rissia has the ak74 that is 5.45x39 now but they still mostly use the ak47 in 7.62x39, because it kills instead of wounds.

this was also the idea behind the small varnmit caliburs, they had the idea that if ya killed some1 ya just took him out, but if ya wounded him, ya would take him and the guys that carry him off the field.

that works ok till ya have to kill some1 with a wounding cartrige, why do ya think the US dont really allow hollowpoint in battle anymore? it is so it punches a neat hole compaired to a crater, pluss the geneva convention screwes it up.

id still prefer the .308 or 30-06 rifles, ya can kill when ya want to and ya can blow off a leg if ya need to woundem, guarenteing that the guy you wounded wont be back on the field 6week from now.

just wounding just perpetuates the cycle, ya woundem with the small bullet, and later on ya gotem to worry about again, just blow their leg off or killem and make shure ya wont have to deal with the same guy 3 or 4 times.

but ive seen what the 5.56 and the 7.62x39 will do, at ranges greater than 150m the 5.56 is to light to deliver the hydrostatic shock that it can at close range, itll make a acorn sized hole in and a silverdollar sized out if ya lucky.

the 7.62x39 with hollowpoint, will make a acorn sized hole in and a orange sized hole out wilest blowing a big slice of skin off the back side at close range, makes a mess.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:00 PM

someone has very strong opinions. haha i agree...but man, thats like a dang report.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:39 PM

lol, i like to read, and i like to share knowledge if any1 will listen.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:48 AM

know what ya mean, infact this thread made me pull out my good ol' "Small arms of the 20th century" and read some stuff.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:17 PM
*Long* is offline *Long*

well theres many more better guns out there thats better then the M16 or M4 like the FN2000 its in a bullpup disign witch means its got a longer barrell it uses the standard 5.56X45 mm also.....

it looks cool!!!!!!

sam fisher has a F2000 with a silancer....

he also has a FiveSeven Pistol