Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Gaming Talk
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Gaming Talk Post all your game related stuff here. This includes PC, Console, Handhelds etc.

Old 03-01-2007, 02:09 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
Post Sony Denies PS3 Is Readily Available

Bustin will ike this one

http://www.gwn.com/news/story.php/id...Available.html
Old 03-01-2007, 10:22 PM
Bustin is offline Bustin
DF2 Forever

OMFG! I say they should be fined right there for outright blatant lying. That's gotta be some type of fraud. Releasing false press releases...I can't get rid of the damn things in my city! Walmart has atlesat 47 of them from christmas lol.

I swear if anyone on NHQ buys a PS3 I will hunt you down. I am sitting here waiting for Sony to fall apart with their lies and bad products finally biting them in the arse.

Old 03-12-2007, 07:40 PM
.ex. is offline .ex.

Quote:
Originally posted by Bustin
OMFG! I say they should be fined right there for outright blatant lying. That's gotta be some type of fraud. Releasing false press releases...I can't get rid of the damn things in my city! Walmart has atlesat 47 of them from christmas lol.

I swear if anyone on NHQ buys a PS3 I will hunt you down. I am sitting here waiting for Sony to fall apart with their lies and bad products finally biting them in the arse.
i think Spazz bought 1
Old 03-12-2007, 07:44 PM
Spazz is offline Spazz

Send a message via AIM to Spazz
Bustin's just a Sony troll...so I don't care what he thinks he knows.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:00 PM
Bustin is offline Bustin
DF2 Forever

Dude I own a PS2, and about 80 games for it. I reserved God of War 2. Which by the way releases tomorrow.

Whatever though, I don't have to try and convince ya'll about how bad the PS3 is. Sony fanboys can't see the truth in front of them, it's cool.

Old 03-12-2007, 11:29 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
C'mon... they keep delaying it!

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 03-13-2007, 04:25 PM
Spazz is offline Spazz

I'm not a Sony "fanboy." Far from it actually, considering I was against buying a Ps3 at first, but then I realized I have enough money to buy whatever the hell I want.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:18 PM
Storm. is offline Storm.

UK Ps3's are stupid.. they dont run ps2 or ps1 games yet american 1's will? why is this country brain dead when they come to realeasing things, not to mention they release it over a quater of a year later pfft i wont be getting one

England 3 Hungary 1
Old 03-25-2007, 06:42 PM
Bustin is offline Bustin
DF2 Forever

They don't play all PS2 and PS1 games either...Hell Sony really dropped the ball this past month. God of War 2 DOESN'T work on about half the PS2's that are out there. Even brand new ones.

Old 03-25-2007, 07:31 PM
Spazz is offline Spazz

I don't know the details, but that has something to do with Dual Layer games right? I know some Ps2's won't play them.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:01 PM
Bustin is offline Bustin
DF2 Forever

In which incident? In the case of God of War 2, half the systems do not detect the disc as a valid disc therefore they do not even start to read it. It's due to a software installation on the system. What's bad though is even the newly released systems have this problem, as they all don't have the latest software updates.

We had 4 customers on the launch of God of War 2 buy a brand new PS2 Slimline with their game; and come back a few hours later saying it wouldn't read the cd. Well I ended up calling Sony tech support, and was told that the customers would either have to download a quick fix, or send their system in if they couldn't download the fix.

However, they also told us that you could trick the system into reading God of War 2 by putting in a game your system would recognize, after the laser starts spinning swap discs and it would then boot God of War 2. So, basically it was get the update or continually jump start your system.

Old 03-26-2007, 04:40 AM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

ps3 is a joke in europe... £100 more expensive for the same kit

shops have well more than half of their stock left, even websites like play.com that offer £89 off RRP of 1 package have still got plenty in stock.. hope Sony burns in hell.. crappy games, over priced and not the mention the gfx looks exactly the same as the 360 (i went in2 the Game store here and watched it being played... pile of balls for the price)

sony's only hope is to lower the price and get some decent games out there or they r doomed
Old 03-26-2007, 09:11 AM
Bustin is offline Bustin
DF2 Forever

Guess what. It was announced on here and was confirmed. Microsoft has a new model of the 360 coming out next month. It is being designed to bury Sony further, and to compete more directly with the Nintendo Wii.

It will have a 120gb HD, record television like Tivo, and come standard with built in HDMI support. The even better news is it will retail at 479.99 compared to the 60gb PS3 at 599.99.

The other 2 models of the Xbox 360 will be dropping to 329.99 and 249.99

Old 03-26-2007, 09:36 AM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

nice, is there anyway that u can buy an add-on box for the side of the old 360 or sumthin? as an upgrade.. sort of a pain in the ass after only getting 1 3 months ago lol..

also i heard MS was bring out like a Wii remote for interactive stuff, is tht true?
Old 03-26-2007, 10:41 AM
.enfo. is offline .enfo.

Send a message via ICQ to .enfo.
Quote:
Originally posted by BB
ps3 is a joke in europe... £100 more expensive for the same kit

shops have well more than half of their stock left, even websites like play.com that offer £89 off RRP of 1 package have still got plenty in stock.. hope Sony burns in hell.. crappy games, over priced and not the mention the gfx looks exactly the same as the 360 (i went in2 the Game store here and watched it being played... pile of balls for the price)

sony's only hope is to lower the price and get some decent games out there or they r doomed
agreed, I went into PC world yesterday, and it looks almost exactly the same, and so many in stock too, I hav a 360, so tehre's no reason to buy this, and at £425, I wouldn't even think twice.

Supporter > < Supporter
Quote:
Originally posted by A TIN OF GAS
enfo... u suck!

p.s. love ya really enfo
Old 04-03-2007, 05:51 AM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
Quote:
Originally posted by BB
nice, is there anyway that u can buy an add-on box for the side of the old 360 or sumthin? as an upgrade.. sort of a pain in the ass after only getting 1 3 months ago lol..

also i heard MS was bring out like a Wii remote for interactive stuff, is tht true?
Don't know about a Wii type control, but it makes sense. Everything innovative in your 360 controller comes direct from the egg-heads at Nintendo. Analogue stick, rumble etc.

You will be able to get a 120 gig HDD sperate, but I'm not sure if the HDMI cable adaptor will work with a standard 360. If it will I'm sure it will be available to buy. Only Two Channel sound from it though.