Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Gaming Talk
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Gaming Talk Post all your game related stuff here. This includes PC, Console, Handhelds etc.

View Poll Results: PS2 vs. X-Box
PS2 24 41.38%
X-box 21 36.21%
game boy 13 22.41%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-08-2003, 03:25 PM
Alcide is offline Alcide

Send a message via ICQ to Alcide Send a message via AIM to Alcide Send a message via Yahoo to Alcide
Quote:
Originally posted by Tecoma2
Wat u on about? Live uopdates works like windows live update!
and why did ya give it 8?
lol
Like i said, They upgrade now but to get the addons such as a new dash board feature, you have to buy it.
Old 09-08-2003, 03:46 PM
MC2000 is offline MC2000

wil do
Old 09-08-2003, 06:51 PM
d3reddragon is offline d3reddragon

Send a message via AIM to d3reddragon Send a message via Yahoo to d3reddragon
Ps2 own's everything els no contest...But xbox 2 will be better then ps3 or so i hear
Old 09-08-2003, 08:51 PM
BOne is offline BOne

Send a message via ICQ to BOne Send a message via Yahoo to BOne
Cool da bottom line

pros and cons are available for each formats even the pc has a few faults,as far as the xbox goes i think it has a few very good options and features, contrary to popular belief it does play DVD tight out of the box,but wont play copied discs, but then again neither will the PS2 without the chip,the xbox has fewer games but the graphics engine is better and the frame rate on the xbox is a little faster than the ps2,but with the amount of games that the ps2 has that have really good graphics such as gran turismo, tekken to only name a few the graphics are like red apples and green apples, they both realy look good for a console format. The downfall to both systems is in order to play multiplayer you must have a broadband connection, and if you have a broadband connection and cant send an email that makes no sense. the controller for the ps2 is much easier to use and handle but the xbox small controllers work really well. the XBOX is a microsoft product ( obviously ) so needless to say its exponetionally expandable where the ps2 is not. soon the xbox will be able to do the same things as your pc ( to a point ). the best part of the PS2 format is that you can still play PS1 games. online both games play relatively well with the exception (as far as i know) you cant host games on either format. earlier i said pc's had a gameing draw back, the only drawback to pc gameing is to stay competitve you have to stay upgraded and that costs money and the games are a little more expensive than console games,sometimes its hard for a gamer to shell out 59.95 for a pc game when i can game for 29.95 and i dont have to buy that new videocard to see the game properly.all in all it all depends on how much money you wanna spend...how much time your willing to spend researching the gameing format you wanna go to or game you currently play.i own a PS2 a XBOX , and a 5 pc gameing network on dsl so ive played all the formats in question and i like em all..pc gameing is the ultimate gameing experience with surround sound and all..but when your friends are over theres nothing better than whippin his ass in madden or a fighting game face to face and the pc has NO cool raceing formats which is the best head up game you can play on a console in my opinion besides fighting and sports.so rent a xbox play it...then rent a ps2 play it, see for your self the pros and cons of each then get back on your pc when your ready to game with the big boys
Old 09-08-2003, 09:46 PM
Alcide is offline Alcide

Send a message via ICQ to Alcide Send a message via AIM to Alcide Send a message via Yahoo to Alcide
Re: da bottom line

Quote:
Originally posted by BOne~BB~
The downfall to both systems is in order to play multiplayer you must have a broadband connection, and if you have a broadband connection and cant send an email that makes no sense.

I dont think you need broadband for the ps2. I hear thats the downfall of it because other people slow you down.
Old 09-09-2003, 12:44 AM
BOne is offline BOne

Send a message via ICQ to BOne Send a message via Yahoo to BOne
eek

yup ya gotta have cable or better to log into the net with ps2 and xbox live
Old 10-04-2003, 11:30 PM
Äñ.Thrãx is offline Äñ.Thrãx

Send a message via ICQ to Äñ.Thrãx
1) Game Boy suxs
2) I have both ps2 and xbox
3) Ghost Recon and Socom Rule my day (when im not playing bhd) or being a real human being
4) Gamecube is what you should be 'dissin

makes me sound like im 11 but i love socom and GR
Old 10-05-2003, 09:51 AM
MC2000 is offline MC2000

Hey stu at the looks of things 1 xbox is losing( i can c y coz ps2 is better!!) and 2 no 1 wants 2 join ur skinking tourney coz it sucks my firy lil ASS
Old 10-13-2003, 05:21 AM
animal_mutha is offline animal_mutha

I vote for PS2! When it comes to sports gaming! I leave the strategy games to PC. Coz' PC gaming still RULEZ!!! I gotta hand out for X-BOX in terms of its graphics & speed. But I've always go for variety & choices.....

ok... this is rather embarassing.... but does anyone wanna buy a 2nd hand SEGA Dreamcast? LOL!!!! I dunno why i got it at the 1st place.

lastly... microsoft sucks...hehehe
Old 10-24-2004, 05:44 PM
G.I.JOE*MFA* is offline G.I.JOE*MFA*

Send a message via ICQ to G.I.JOE*MFA* Send a message via Yahoo to G.I.JOE*MFA*
console platforms never enter in my gaming desicions...stick with PCs and you will always have a better gaming experience

*MaFiA*...Trust...Respect . . . Family

BF *MaFiA* - CoD *MaFiA* - DF *MaFiA* - JO *MaFiA* - RvS ¤MaFiA¤ - SW *MaFiA* - Capo Crimini
The Site

Old 10-24-2004, 06:22 PM
teej is offline teej

Send a message via ICQ to teej Send a message via AIM to teej Send a message via Yahoo to teej
pc>xbox>GC>ps2

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
ok, now that we are all a little dumber for reading that, back to how much IE is better than any other browser
Old 10-24-2004, 08:11 PM
.ex. is offline .ex.

ps2
Old 11-02-2004, 01:21 AM
KillenMan is offline KillenMan

PS2 has more games out than X-Box, i must say i waiting for Halo 2 to come out on PC so i can get it. Besides the controls for X-Box are too weird
Old 11-02-2004, 04:42 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
My chose would be top-dog: X-Box. 2nd place: PS-2 reason is it has a lot more games for it then any other and it is nice to play DVD on too.

Game boy to me it seem way out dated for me setup and all.

my all time favorite will be the PC Cdrom games.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 11-02-2004, 12:34 PM
Storm. is offline Storm.

ps2, easy to control and gets all the gta titles b4 any other system!

England 3 Hungary 1
Old 11-02-2004, 07:02 PM
SilentSniper is offline SilentSniper

Send a message via AIM to SilentSniper
Quote:
Originally posted by exclusion
CapN'Colostomy

xbox can play dvd's buddy
ps2 can 2 bud ive watched many on my ps2, and ps2 is better it has some better games and controls are much easier
Old 11-18-2004, 04:56 PM
Grenademan is offline Grenademan

PS2 all the way. Theres not a thing it cant do... except swim, fly, walk, turn itself on by itself, climb trees, eat, drink, sweat, drive, catch a bus, do your work for you, go to school for you, turn the TV on for you, turn the computer on for you, write a little for you etc etc etc... but i dont see how the XBox is so great. IMO, reckons its for nerds. You should of seen the release of Halo 2 in Darwin here, nerds swarmed EB, bolted in, grabbed Halo 2 and bolted off again. Apparently someone yelled out "PS2 RULES!!!" while the nerds were waiting for the shop to open. They nearly got up and flogged this dude!! I was on my way home on the bus and there were at least 5 ppl with halo 2 in their hands, one this big nerd (an adult ) was nibbling at the plastic on the case to get it off. I pity those who have been taken by the dark side AH HA HA HA HA!!! lmao!
Old 11-30-2004, 03:02 PM
teej is offline teej

Send a message via ICQ to teej Send a message via AIM to teej Send a message via Yahoo to teej
well if yall dont know, h2 had over 1.5 million on at one time. Thats the record so far. also CAL has taken up halo 2 leagues now. They are going to hold tournaments at the CPL now. So all the other tournaments like mlg and agp for halo will be gone lol. Watch they will start having $100,000 tournaments soon. The highest so far for a halo tournament is $50,000. Ive got friends that went and played there. I dont see any ps2 tournaments out there. Ive only seen a grand turismo tournament and that was at a halo tournament for a side tourney. The winner only got $500.

And you are talking about nerds. Look at all the ppl on final fantisy and GTA:SA. basicly ps2 cant have any decent fps. Thats the down side of ps2, all they have is sports, racing, and rpg's. Thats why xbox is so muvh better because the moving is alot easier on it and u have alot more fun.

Quote:
ok, now that we are all a little dumber for reading that, back to how much IE is better than any other browser
Old 11-30-2004, 03:04 PM
teej is offline teej

i can garentee is anyone that hasent played xbox befor, gives it a change and acually plays the right game, you will love it.

Quote:
Old 11-30-2004, 04:20 PM
GeeFuss is offline GeeFuss
Cardiac

Ok I got a few comments...

1. Gameboy WTF??? LOL Well I guess some people like it

2. XBOX has Halo 2 (The Best Game EVER!!!)

3. PS2 has GTA, but now XBOX has them

4. PS2 Controller way easier to use.

5. XBOX has built in "memory card"

6. PS2 online is free as long as you have broadband and the Network Adapter (I think thats what it is called LOL Not 100% sure tho) With XBOX you have to pay for online...

Thats all that I can think of...