Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 02-21-2014, 09:02 PM
Sybell is offline Sybell

Map Question

Can anyone list a simple step by step info of what to fill out to make a helicopter take off and head to a waypoint?
Old 02-22-2014, 03:56 PM
MAJWIZ is offline MAJWIZ

1. Place helo on map
2. put men on map by helo.
3. assign men to tank/ helo ( ie. click on men that you want to assign to tank or helo, then in info box (on the left side) this will bring up a :item attribute box. on the right side top you will see a section that says WAYPOINTS use the dropdown to choose 125 goto SSN (any) and in the NUMBER BLOCK put the SSN of the helo/tank/truck. this will assign the people to the helo/tank/truck
4. place waypoints on map for your helo/truck/tank. then starting with the first w/p highlight the waypoints in order that you put them on the map. then goto edit (top of the map page left side.) click on that to open the dropdown click on waypoints to open waypoints. (normaly I use #1 for home team) pick any one you need 1-122 ie. use #3 then in DESCRIPTION put what you want to call it ie. enemy force ect. COLOR is for what color you want the w/p to be. then check eather BLUE OR RED TEAM. if you check the top box the w/p won't travel in a circle.
once that is done. highlight your helo/truck and open the info box on the left side.
now where it says WAYPOINTS (top right side) click the down arrow and find the w/p you just made. click on that w/p then click ok (you just assigned the helo a w/p to go to.)
LAST: highlight the helo/truck then open the INFO BOX bottom left side by clicking on it. this will open the item att. in the POSITION box Z put in the height above ground you want the helo to fly. ( not needed for ground vehicles.) hope i didn't leave anything out.
Old 02-22-2014, 04:13 PM
Sybell is offline Sybell

Thank you very very much! I cannot wait to follow these instructions!
Old 02-22-2014, 11:23 PM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Directing AI to vehicles can be done from the properties sheet (selecting the AI and setting directly) or from the event editor.

When set in the properties sheet the ssn numbers will not change when you cleanup SSNs.

When set in the event editor it will change the ssn numbers accordingly.

So if you cleanup SSNs to optimize your map, the programming will not be broken.

Some visual assistance on setting AI from the event editor.

Old 02-24-2014, 05:09 PM
Sybell is offline Sybell

How do you make the helicopter or other vehicle wait for your team to occupy it before taking off?
Old 02-25-2014, 01:00 AM

You make an event that waits for the following trigger examples

You can use an AREA Trigger
The Distance (proximity) of Player, Group or SSN from any particular SSN even a bush.
Line of sight to SSN AI
If the SSN AI sees player, SSN or Group
If Player is using or is on top of an AI SSN or Rock, slab etc...
Old 02-25-2014, 01:48 AM

If you are at all familiar with the WAC File. (World Area Control - Boolean Logic based script execution)
I use variables to help eliminate gremlins.

Try this in a test map substitute player(player is always ssn 10000) or AI# to got to Helo# then detect at 10 meters distance or player is on top of.
Make waypoint 1 and lift in into the air. Then clean up ssns so ssn 1 is the bot and ssn 2 is the helo.

This works well. Just make the AI approach from the side of the helo (blackhawk works well) to make it easier for it to get in.

Normally I would include commands like, "else", "false", "true", "loop", "dornd", "elapse" and "random" to enhance, re-trigger and randomize the script but we can get to them a bit later on

I have also uploaded a test map for you.

if never() then
ssn2ssn(1,2)//send (AI ssn1) to (helo ssn2)
endif

if ssnnearssn(1,2,10) or ssnonssn(10000,2) and never() then
set(v1,1)
endif

if eq(v1,1) and never() then
ssntowp(2,1)//sends helo to waypoint 1
endif

You can also obtain a comprehensive list of WAC params at Dave61's site.

Here: http://home.comcast.net/~dthomas118853/Delta%20force%20xtreme%20wac%20scripts.htm

I have made a web based script assembler with script references to help new (or experienced) mappers play around with and assemble their WAC files.

Here: http://stompem-web.enjin.com/assembler

There are some example scripts there that I have devised which can also be of use in your maps.

Still under construction so there is more info to come.

Download the test map below Test_Sybell.zip
Attached Files
File Type: zip Test_Sybell.zip (2.1 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Guest001; 02-25-2014 at 02:04 AM.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:14 AM

Regarding Enurmerating session error:
Set services DHCP and UPNP to run at startup on the Host
Open port range and/or set DMZ
Uninstall, Reboot Delete any leftover files and folders
Do a clean install in a new directory
Don't install in (x86)
Don't allow windows to set compatibility.

We can now work from there...