Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2002, 05:13 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
Post DF:BHD BETA TEST - Bad Points

Please list the things you didn't like about BHD in the beta stage:
Old 08-02-2002, 06:11 PM
†ØbÌïvîøñ† is offline †ØbÌïvîøñ†

Whenever i use the miniguns in vehicles, i always freez and have to restart my comp
Old 08-02-2002, 08:54 PM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
TEAM TALK IS ****E!
Too small and frequently obscured by HUD graphics.
T Talk is a fundamental victory for DFLW and TFD.
Easy to read and acts as a chatroom or command aide.

Why would you put it low down on the screen?
Most of the time that part of the scrren is full of items and terrain and dead bodies.
Top left was ideal because its generally backed by sky so its easy to read while running about.

I hope nova appreciate what makes the series great which is the community and fiddly chat will spoil that.

Old 08-02-2002, 08:56 PM
DIE_HARD is offline DIE_HARD

My game won't work it says game has expired!.
Old 08-02-2002, 11:02 PM
MrB50 is offline MrB50

Send a message via ICQ to MrB50
I realize its only a beta test, but...... I mean if only they would of played it before they released it. lol Think I'll stick to DFLW.
Old 08-04-2002, 11:26 AM
SSGWarHog is offline SSGWarHog

Send a message via ICQ to SSGWarHog
BHD Scope

BHD seems to have some very good potential and am interested in seeing how the other maps are. Maybe Nova will release a second demo to get the feel.
The problems I see are the scope is way off and the buildings or ojsticles become transparent as you turn around.
Hope they have the M82 in BHD cause that is awesome for sniping and no problems.
Nova bring oout a second demo and hold off for comments and possible problems.
Old 08-05-2002, 05:43 AM
Ice Cannon is offline Ice Cannon

Send a message via ICQ to Ice Cannon
YEH they should bring out a demo about the ACTUAL GAME not the BETA TEST coz this one is to give a FEEL for the GAME (I HOPE U R TAKING NOTE OF THIS MR B50 COZ I AM SICK OF U HAVING A GO AT A BETA TEST WHICH IS NOT MEANT TO BE FULLY PLAYABLE JUST A THING FOR SUGGESTIONS)

Make sure they fix the glitches
BRING OUT ANOTHER BETA CLOSE TO THE RELEASE SO THEY DONT STUFF IT UP!!!!

----------------------------------------
Bad points:

Dont feel like a classic df game.....

CHAT IS IN WRONG SPOT!!!!!!!
HEALTH METER IS DUMB
MINIGUN IS 2 inaccurate
U WARP WHEN CHANGING GUNS (PROB A GLITCH)
LADDER IS A TAD 2 SLOW BUT I LIKE THE SIDE 2 SIDE MOVING WHILST CLIMBING.....
NOT SINGLE PLAYER...(I know its not meant to be but it would be fun.. seeing how good the AI is...)

Thats all i can think of
Old 08-05-2002, 07:15 AM
ossi is offline ossi

hi Die_Hard - about your issue "game expired" I had the same prob. with the file i downloaded from NOVA - but then i got the file from NVIDIA - and guess what that one works - Follow the download link from here ][for NVIDA]http://www.black-ops.dk/frameset.html - - - that will work for you
Old 08-06-2002, 03:41 AM
Blackadder~DAF~ is offline Blackadder~DAF~

What I don't like:

- health meter
- medic kit (We have medics, right?)
- speed (A bit too slow, but it's Beta)

I think the game (as it is now) is too much leaning towards Half Life and more of those games. So please drop the health meter and the medic kits.

http://www.daf-hq.tk/

Last edited by Blackadder~DAF~; 08-06-2002 at 03:56 AM.
Old 08-06-2002, 12:30 PM
Protector is offline Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Protector
my graphics r crap the ground is grey and people r silver but my friend downloaded it again and his works with no problem im wonderin if a nvidia TNT2 would be able to stand the graphics sum help with that pweeze

I Got Mixed Feelings About The Sig So Im Keeping Them Both
Old 08-07-2002, 01:26 AM
Ice Cannon is offline Ice Cannon

Send a message via ICQ to Ice Cannon
I got a TNT2 ... with latest drivers from nvidia...

it dont work very well without latest drivers ia heard its all rainbow clolours...

but on my TNT2 its sweet..

and hte terrain is grey coz its a beta DUH!!!
and ppl r not silver on my comp
Old 08-07-2002, 04:19 PM
Protector is offline Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Protector
dont get cocky cause not every1s ground is grey u muppet

I Got Mixed Feelings About The Sig So Im Keeping Them Both
Old 08-09-2002, 07:39 PM
MrB50 is offline MrB50

Quote:
Originally posted by Ice Cannon
YEH they should bring out a demo about the ACTUAL GAME not the BETA TEST coz this one is to give a FEEL for the GAME (I HOPE U R TAKING NOTE OF THIS MR B50 COZ I AM SICK OF U HAVING A GO AT A BETA TEST WHICH IS NOT MEANT TO BE FULLY PLAYABLE JUST A THING FOR SUGGESTIONS)

Ummmm.... Why the heck are you sick of me??? I dont even know you or ever heard of you for that matter. You dont have to bash me for my views....no one has bashed you for yours. I dont like the beta, and probably wont like the demo. So, therefore, I probably wont buy the game when its released. I was in Somalia for the real thing. I dont need a game to play to remind me of what I and my buddies went thru. 19 killed and 79 wounded in a matter of less that 24 hours. That was enough for me. So, in the future, I would appreciate it you wouldnt bash people for their thoughts. I know its a beta and I still feel that they should of played it BEFORE they released it. So, in closing....
Old 08-09-2002, 07:44 PM
MrB50 is offline MrB50

Quote:
Originally posted by Ice Cannon

Ummmm.... Why the heck are you sick of me??? I dont even know you or ever heard of you for that matter. You dont have to bash me for my views....no one has bashed you for yours. I dont like the beta, and probably wont like the demo. So, therefore, I probably wont buy the game when its released. I was in Somalia for the real thing. I dont need a game to play to remind me of what I and my buddies went thru. 19 killed and 79 wounded in a matter of less that 24 hours. That was enough for me. So, in the future, I would appreciate it you wouldnt bash people for their thoughts. I know its a beta and I still feel that they should of played it BEFORE they released it.
Old 08-11-2002, 07:57 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

Send a message via ICQ to Sal UK
Well the demo works fine for me.I could see through the buildings before on my radeon graphics card but now I have got a Geforce 4 I have no problems no lock ups no freezes.Just the bad sight which is out you, aim left your bullets go right lol.But it is full of bugs like being able to jump from inside the heli's up so you can go prone and the rotor blades dont kill you maybe that could be a way of stopping someone doing it if nova were to add if you come in contact with the blades you would die.But I like it DF2 is still my fav out of the df series though...........
Old 08-14-2002, 04:44 PM
SÞàrks_ÛK™ is offline SÞàrks_ÛK™

Send a message via ICQ to SÞàrks_ÛK™
Angry Black hawk down

Have to agree with everyone about the text, way to small and in an area of the screen where it is hard to notice.
Don't like the health packs, would prefer they kept the medic character to heal you.
Character is to slow in climbing ladders.
If you stand facing a wall and use your scope you can see through the buildings.
Old 08-17-2002, 08:22 AM
Cathar is offline Cathar

Send a message via ICQ to Cathar
Don't like the medic packs, but like the health meter, as it means if you get hit in the foot you don't die. It would be cool if a medic could heal you while you were still alive, but low on the health meter.

Nova are planning on releasing an official multiplayer demo at the end of August/early september, depending how much they have to fix from the comments made by the players.

And the game is scheduled for release in the US for October.

Quote:
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - General George Patton (1885-1945)
Closed Thread