Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > phphq.Net > phphq.Net Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2008, 09:13 AM
amd599 is offline amd599

phAlbum -- creating multiple pages within 1 album

Hi All.....I have been using phAlbum for a little while now and it works amazingly well for what I am trying to do. Basicly, I have a web camera that detects motion, every time it detects motion it takes a picture and uploads it to an FTP folder then from there I have phAlbum read that folder and display everything in a nice manner.

What happens sometimes is the motion camera picks up thousands and thousands of photos so when I go to load an album for a specific day it can either crash my computer or take hours to load all of the photos.

Is there a way to limit how many files display per page? For instance, only display 100 photos and if there are more create another page such as page [2] and then when that one has over 100 photos create a page [3] and so on?

It seems like it should be something simple to do but I'm very new to PHP. Any help is much apprecaited.

Great work on this script, it's amazing.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:07 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

It may be simple to do but I have not tried it. In the current version this cannot be done without editing how everything works. It seems like your using the script beyond what it was ment to do. I suggest maybe moving to a more robust script. I have alot of plans for another version but I don't have any idea when I will get around to it.

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 07-09-2008, 12:09 PM
amd599 is offline amd599

Thanks for the information. Everything is perfect with this script except that it's missing that, for my needs at least. Can you recommend any that work just like yours with that feature?

Or, would you be interested in adding that to your script for a certain amount of compensation? It would be really nice to have that for my needs.

Great job on this script.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:46 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

I may be able to make something that would fit your needs. Email me (email form is on phphq.net) with all your requierments and i'll see if I can do it for you.

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 07-09-2008, 08:11 PM
amd599 is offline amd599

Image validation on contact form not working

It says to only type the red characters. I tried 15 or so times with no luck...here is what I posted....

Hi Scott -- just saw your reply. So basically we have thousands of images being pulled into a directory and then your script takes over and does it's thing. The only problem is your script doesn't seem to be designed to handle that many pictures at once so either the script will time out once in a while or there will be an error that it exceed the alloted time (most likely set in my hosting companies php.ini file). Also, it takes forever when trying to load that many files.

My idea was just to make sub-pages from the main script so if you go into a folder it will list say 100 pictures then it will give you a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. pages until all the pictures are listed. It will dynamically create those pages until all results are posted.

I hope that makes sense. Please let me know if there will be compensation needed. I will certainly help where I can but I also think this will make the script even better. If a user can set how many results should be displayed per page, that'd be awesome.

Thanks!

feel free to e-mail me back at amd599@gmail.com

Thanks Scott.