Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 01-15-2002, 04:19 AM
dragoncreator is offline dragoncreator

Rain underground & pop up/through issues

A couple of questions to toss out:
1. Is there any way to be rid of the underground (tunnel) rain in a map with rain on?

2. While creating my underground prison, I ran into pop up/through issues with both the kitchen and guard room pieces. I could get only half way through each piece before I found myself topside. I tried placing them deeper in the ground, but to no avail. I just replaced them with straight hall pieces and have not had the problem reoccur.

3. Okay, a couple more. . .
Can a prison kitchen be placed inside the prison mess hall? I tried but ran into invisible wall problems.

4. Can a tunnel run under water without being filled with water? I haven't been able to accomplish this, so I had to lower my water level, which was not the preferable fix.

Thanks for all the help, guys. I really do appreciate it.
Old 01-15-2002, 05:16 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
1 cant stop the rain in tunnels

2 im not sure about using building parts as tunnels. some work and some dont. but also make sure thay are not too deep casue if u reach absolute height of 0 then you get fired into the air, that is until the .30 patch came out and now it kills u.

3 dunno why u would do but i like experimentation to i'll let u off only thing u could do would be to put a wall ( metal or whatever ) where the invisible wall is so ppl wont think its weird ingame. the invizible wall should look ok from 1 direction but invisible from the other side.

4 nope, the water level stays constant throught the map. it could be a nice feature though if u told ppl to take their Lar-V, or try making the tunnel raise up at some point.

you will find many problems and limitations in the Mission EDitor. have a quick look at my 101 MED tips in the tutorials section to learn a few things. it may answer some questions u r likely to have
Old 01-15-2002, 10:36 PM
dragoncreator is offline dragoncreator

Thanks for your input. I have already seen your 101 list, and it answered previous questions I have had, and reaffirmed a few things I had already discovered on my own.