Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 11-25-2002, 09:48 AM
Desciple is offline Desciple

Angry It's about time someone said something!

I recently received this via email. No truer statements I have heard or read than the following. As a Marine Corps veteran of the Gulf War, I asssumed responsibility of the safety and freedom of my country. Why? Because I enjoy it's freedoms and charities. Why? The founding reasons for this country in the first place. I agree with the General when he states that this nation is GOOD but not perfect. I for one am tired of the self rigtheous accusing and blaming for the problems in which they created. For instance, if we would have finished the job in Iraq in 1992, we would not be facing the ordeals of today. However "if" is the middle word in "LIFE" and is much larger than two letters.

God Bless the USA
Semper FI

Subject: Gen. Hawley's speech

this is great. And i wish more people in the public spotlight would have the balls to say stuff like this... It's good reading that i know you will enjoy.

From a speech by retired USMC General Hawley. Said like ONLY a Marine could say it!

"Since the attack, I have seen, heard, and read thoughts of such surpassing stupidity that they must be addressed. You've heard them too. Here they are:

1) "We're not good, they're not evil, everything is relative."
Listen carefully: We're good, they're evil, nothing is relative. Say it with me now and free yourselves. You see, folks, saying "We're good" doesn't mean, "We're perfect." Okay? The only perfect being is the bearded guy on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel. The plain fact is that our country has,
with all our mistakes and blunders, always been and always will be, the greatest beacon of freedom, charity, opportunity, and affection in history. If you need proof, open all the borders on Earth and see what happens. In about half a day, the entire world be a ghost town, and the United States
would look like one giant line to see "The Producers."

2) "Violence only leads to more violence." This one is so stupid you usually have to be the president of an Ivy League
university to say it. Here's the truth, which you know in your heads and hearts already: Ineffective, unfocused violence leads to more violence. Limp, panicky, half-measures
lead to more violence. However, complete, fully-thought-through, professional, well-executed violence never leads to more violence because, you see, afterwards, the other guys are all dead. That's right, dead. Not "on trial", "not reeducated," not "nurtured back into the bosom of love."
Dead. D-E-....Well, you get the idea.

3) "The CIA and the rest of our intelligence community has failed us." For 25 years we have chained our spies like dogs to a stake in the ground, and now that the house has been robbed, we yell at them for not protecting us. Starting in the late seventies, under Carter appointee Stansfield Turner, the giant brains who get these giant ideas decided that the best
way to gather international intelligence was to use spy satellites. "After all," they reasoned, "you can see a license plate from 200 miles away." This is very helpful if you've been attacked by a license plate. Unfortunately, we were attacked by humans. Finding humans is not possible with
satellites. You have to use other humans. When we bought all our satellites, we fired all our humans, and here's the really stupid part. It takes years, decades to infiltrate new humans into the worst places of the world. You can't just
have a guy who looks like Gary Busey in a Spring Break '93
sweatshirt plop himself down in a coffee shop in Kabul and say "Hi ya, boys. Gee, I sure would like to meet that bin Laden fella." Well, you can, but all you'd be doing is giving the bad guys a story they'll be telling for years.

4) "These people are poor and helpless, and that's why they're angry at us." Uh-huh, and Jeffrey Dahmer's frozen head collection was just a desperate cry for help. The terrorists and their backers are richer than Elton John and,
ironically, a good deal less annoying. The poor helpless people, you see, are the villagers they tortured and murdered to stay in power. Mohamed Atta, one of the evil scumbags who steered those planes into the killing grounds
(I'm sorry, one of the "alleged hijackers," according to CNN. They stopped using the word "terrorist," you know), is the son of a Cairo surgeon. But you knew this, too. In the sixties and seventies, all the pinheads marching against the war were upper-middle-class college kids who grabbed any cause
they could think of to get out of their final papers and spend more time drinking. At least, that was my excuse. It's the same today. Take the Anti-Global-Warming (or is it World Trade? Oh-who-knows-what-the-hell-they-want) demonstrators. They all charged their black outfits and plane tickets on dad's credit card (!) before driving to the airport in their SUV's.

5) "Any profiling is racial profiling." Who's killing us here, the Norwegians? Just days after the attack, the New York Times had an article saying dozens of extended members of the
gazillion aire bin Laden family living in America were afraid of reprisals and left in a huff, never to return to studying at Harvard and using too much Drakkar. I'm crushed. I think we're all crushed. Please come back. With a cherry on top? Why don't they just change their names, anyway? It's happened in the past. Think about it. How many Adolfs do you run into these days? Shortly after that, I remember watching TV with my jaw on the floor as a government
official actually said, "That little old grandmother from Sioux City could be carrying something." Okay, how about this: No, she wouldn't! And now a Secret Service guy has been tossed off a plane and we're all supposed to cry about it because he's an Arab? Didn't it have the tiniest bit to do with the
fact that he filled out his forms incorrectly three times? And then left an Arab history book on his seat as he strolled off the plane? And came back? Armed? Let's please all stop singing "We Are the World" for a minute and think practically. I don't want to be sitting on the floor in the back of a
plane four seconds away from hitting Mt. Rushmore and turn,
grinning, to the guy next to me to say, "Well, at least we didn't offend them."

SO HERE'S what I resolve for the New Year: Never to forget our murdered brothers and sisters. Never to let the
relativists get away with their immoral thinking. After all, no
matter what your daughter's political science professor says, we didn't start this. Have you seen that bumper sticker that says, "No More Hiroshimas"? I wish I had one that says, "You First. No More Pearl Harbors."

Semper Fi!

I have lost my mind, can you help me?

Send Siggies..............
Mark 8:34-38 And he called to him the multitude with his disciples, and said to them, "If any man would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it;and whoever loses his life for my sake and the gospel's will save it. For what does it profit a man, to gain the whole world and forfeit his life? For what can a man give in return for his life? For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him will the Son of man also be ashamed, when he comes in the glory of his Father with the holy angels."
Old 11-25-2002, 02:58 PM
Desciple is offline Desciple

WELL?

I have lost my mind, can you help me?

Send Siggies..............
Mark 8:34-38 And he called to him the multitude with his disciples, and said to them, "If any man would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it;and whoever loses his life for my sake and the gospel's will save it. For what does it profit a man, to gain the whole world and forfeit his life? For what can a man give in return for his life? For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him will the Son of man also be ashamed, when he comes in the glory of his Father with the holy angels."
Old 11-25-2002, 03:36 PM
Romeo Eight Jul is offline Romeo Eight Jul

Send a message via Yahoo to Romeo Eight Jul
VERY, VERY good. I'm a Navy vet myself, and the absolute idiocy of these liberal college professors/actors/media moguls, etc, is driving me crazy. I suppose that, in their own twisted way, they're trying to help matters, but they just don't understand that they're making things worse. Here's a link to a show I listen to on the radio quite often, very good, no political-correctness allowed.

http://www.boortz.com