Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 08-29-2003, 02:36 PM
}DHS{PSYCHO is offline }DHS{PSYCHO

Post delta force not any other game

I wrote this because people are getting away from what dleta force is read and respond if u wish. Dont make delta force into some other game, keep it in its own league, like it has been.

If you guys like battle fiedl so much, go play it, dont try to make other games like it. I am not saying it is a bad game, on the contrary I my self play battelfield and its desert combat mod.

Remember, Delta force is delta force, and battelfield (or desert combat) is battelfield. Delta force is individual covert squads infiltrating enemy teritory to perform a mission !with out help from a full division of people and vechiles!
the word covert brings up thoughts of swift stealthe silient insertions. yes flying black hawks and little birds would be fun, but that alone is still boardering the limit of what is delta force, they get incerted then usualy have to march/hike/or some how get to there objective. there not alwasy and rarely just droped on the roof of the target building.

Now 1 point was made that I liked, dirt bikes, dune buggies,atv's, jet skies, zodiak's, these are the vechiles I want to see. As far as helicopters, when playing multi player all i see the need for is a little bird to carry passengers, not rockets, or mini guns. Maby a black hawk on big maps with a whole lot of ppl.

Remember people Df is not always CQB in cities, combat is usualy held away from many people. so get away from c-130's,f117, f16 abrams tanks, bradley ifv, and any thing else you would find in battel field desert combat.
Old 08-29-2003, 05:22 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
i agree

DF:BHD:TS + later DF games should be soldier sims IMHO.

Joint Ops - vehicles

ok with me
Old 08-30-2003, 02:18 AM
CapN'C*cksucker is offline CapN'C*cksucker

Send a message via ICQ to CapN'C*cksucker Send a message via Yahoo to CapN'C*cksucker
Re: delta force not any other game

Quote:
Originally posted by }DHS{PSYCHO
I wrote this because people are getting away from what dleta force is read and respond if u wish. Dont make delta force into some other game, keep it in its own league, like it has been.

If you guys like battle fiedl so much, go play it, dont try to make other games like it. I am not saying it is a bad game, on the contrary I my self play battelfield and its desert combat mod.

Remember, Delta force is delta force, and battelfield (or desert combat) is battelfield. Delta force is individual covert squads infiltrating enemy teritory to perform a mission !with out help from a full division of people and vechiles!
the word covert brings up thoughts of swift stealthe silient insertions. yes flying black hawks and little birds would be fun, but that alone is still boardering the limit of what is delta force, they get incerted then usualy have to march/hike/or some how get to there objective. there not alwasy and rarely just droped on the roof of the target building.

Now 1 point was made that I liked, dirt bikes, dune buggies,atv's, jet skies, zodiak's, these are the vechiles I want to see. As far as helicopters, when playing multi player all i see the need for is a little bird to carry passengers, not rockets, or mini guns. Maby a black hawk on big maps with a whole lot of ppl.

Remember people Df is not always CQB in cities, combat is usualy held away from many people. so get away from c-130's,f117, f16 abrams tanks, bradley ifv, and any thing else you would find in battel field desert combat.
Same here in every respect. I too like BF1942, and DC mod. But it isn't DF, and I hope DF never tries to be like it. The toys on BF and DC are the only cool things about it IMO. The FPS aspect of it blows. Just my thoughts.
Old 09-03-2003, 12:50 PM
USrecon is offline USrecon

Send a message via AIM to USrecon
in an urban environment delta would more than likely be inserted by helo onto the roof of the target building. They also might move in through the sewer should that allow for a quicker access to the key points in the target building. It all depends on the mission profile though. And as far as the need for AH-6's with rockets and mini's ....ask anyone who has ever served in combat in a small unit... Those AH-6's over head are their gaurdian angels. My grandpa was in vietnam with the 101st. He was often on roving patrols in small sqauds. The only reason he is here is due to those little birds with the big guns. It is tactically ignorant to not have fire support at all times. They learned this in Somalia in 93. In the next delta force game I would like to see ac-130 fire support as well as artillery and other forms of close air support. To take the fire support out of the delta force series would only serve to make it less realistic.
Old 09-13-2003, 07:06 PM
teej is offline teej

Send a message via ICQ to teej Send a message via AIM to teej Send a message via Yahoo to teej
yeah i agree. I thought it was alittle bad with BHD and the choppers but the JO is just going to be BF1942 just with another name

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
ok, now that we are all a little dumber for reading that, back to how much IE is better than any other browser
Old 09-16-2003, 09:26 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

I agree with StevieB on this one, Nova should keep the Delta force series as soldier sims and not have to much other stuff on the battle field after all Delta Force is an elite special force designed to take out specific targets and not fight huge battles.

Regards
Old 09-17-2003, 04:52 AM
animal_mutha is offline animal_mutha

Delta force usually operates most of the time, in an urban scenario or getting/infiltrating behind enemy lines. Most of their missions are securing hostages, capturing enemy intel officers or vips, sabotaging, getting important documents..... its mostly done when speed & stealth is of the essence. They work in an unorthodox way as compared to navy seal or other spec ops. They're the real american bad a$$.

But chuck norris is definitely crap!!!
Old 09-23-2003, 01:28 PM

What about when the small elite units get caught up in the s**t storm they were trying to avoid. It happened to them in somalia and it happened to the green berets in iraqi freedom. Hell the the green beret's had to fight off an entire motorized rifle brigade. In those kinds of battles it is good idea to have the air support and perhaps player driven vehicles. We all know how "reliable" that teammate AI is.
Old 09-23-2003, 01:31 PM

battlefield 1942 takes place in.... 1942..... infantry engagements are now more often than not fought on the small unit scale.... rarely does a company sized unit fight another unit of equal or greater size. I think it would be a good idea to see driveable vehicles in delta force.... It would provide a unique tactical tool as opposed to the scripted movement of AI vehicles.
Old 10-09-2003, 02:08 PM
animal_mutha is offline animal_mutha

yeahh.... i could imagine a squad stealth insertion behind enemy lines with the dinghies while another squad on buggies creating a diversion. And its a "seek & destroy" (attack & defend) mission. And after successfully destroyed the enemy's bunker & ammo dump..... you pop smoke & wait for the "Hot" extraction from the lil; birds or blackhawks.....oooooohhhh i just cant wait for JOINT OPS.

If i'm not mistaken.... JOINT OPS will be taking place somewhere in indonesia (east timor) right? So... it'll be mostly jungle warfare as compared to BHD.