Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Tech Support

Tech Support Have a problem? Maybe we can help!

Old 04-29-2009, 06:15 PM
imtheone is offline imtheone

map timer

Hi all can anyone please tell me is there a way a player can start running at the start of a map when the start has a timer on it. This has happened to me and i have never used any cheats or hacks in any way or form.It happened to me twice i started to run at the start of a map and other players have still got 17 seconds to go before they can move.Yet i moved straight away.If anyone this has happened to before can you please explain to me how it happens.I have been playing bhd since it first started and have never seen this before.Please help me to understand why.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:24 PM

Starting Problems

Hi all can anyone please tell me is there a way a player can start running at the start of a map when the start has a timer on it. This has happened to me and i have never used any cheats or hacks in any way or form.It happened to me twice in a row, i started to run at the start of a map and other players have still got 17 seconds to go before they can move.Yet i moved straight away.If anyone this has happened to them before can you please explain to me how it happens.I have been playing bhd since it first started and have never seen this before.Please help me to understand why it has happened to me.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:36 PM
IcIshoot is offline IcIshoot

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
This is a first I have heard any thing like this, out side of hacks being used. Its possible that for some reason you aren't receiving all the data from the server that tells your client there is a timer, thus it lets you run around.

weird

I would hold of a couple seconds and just wait until you see your team mates move if it keeps happening. That way admins won't think you are cheating and ban you for something your not doing.

You could also try a reinstall of the game.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:18 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
please tell us what game you are asking about?

NL-Game are basic host option to set delay timers start were all the players move at the same time, it be in host option.

don't know this was you hosting the map when you were able to move before others?

BTW: please one thread is all is needed! all will see the thread no need to spam many threads on the same thing in the forum.

[merge 2 threads as one thread]
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 04-29-2009 at 07:32 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 05:27 AM
.Simon. is offline .Simon.

Hes playing BHD chief, says in his post ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
next person to post half naked gets banned
Old 04-30-2009, 08:17 AM

The game i am playing is Black Hawk Down and no im not hosting it. Oh sorry for spaming that post twice its just im concerned why it happened to me.Thanks guys all help is apprieiated

Last edited by imtheone; 04-30-2009 at 08:31 AM.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:39 AM

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
as was pointed out in your dfb post, do you have all the updates installed?
Old 04-30-2009, 09:01 AM

Thanks for answering mate . Yes i think i have all the updates not sure though,why what would not having all the updates do this to me, Would that be a reason for this to happen ?
Old 04-30-2009, 09:03 AM

according to the guys over at dfb, the last update fixed an issue with the start timer
Old 04-30-2009, 09:17 AM

should the data problem not effect everyone and not just me ?
Old 04-30-2009, 10:19 AM
Deltabhd is offline Deltabhd

Hiya

Been part of BHD form the off, and as far as i know only a HACK can control map Timer, is nothing to do with Server Data , in your case its a strange one
Old 04-30-2009, 10:28 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
you said it happened twice in a row but does it still happen now or just on those occasions?
Old 04-30-2009, 10:41 AM

Hi Steve i dont know,when it happened the second time i shut it down shall i try it again to see and then get straight back to you
Old 04-30-2009, 10:59 AM

Hi Steve i just tried it on another server and it dont work now, just on those 2 occasions ? I cant work it out i tried on a different server and it didnt happen ? Strange eh.
It was just on them 2 maps but i have played on the same maps before and it aint happened to anyone as far as im aware anyway.
Steve i will apprieciate it if you or anyone can give me a reason why.The only thing i have done is put spectater on to watch for people who might be cheating. Is it possable that it has bugged my game/client in anyway ? Its just i am trying to get an answer to why this has happened to me.Like i have said i have been playing for years now well since BHD first came on the circut and have played on some big servers like Florida Snipers. well to many to mention them all and all the lads on there know me , So i dont want people to think i use hacks or cheats in anyway what so ever.Although when this happens you cant blame people to think thatone is. I want an answer so i can clear my name.Ifirst started playing in a squad called A.E.Snipers ( Amercian Eagles ) and you being admin will have heard or known of them and thier reputation of none cheating squad and as an old hand at the game i dont believe in cheating in any form.
Please help me to try and sort this mess out .Thanks Graham

Last edited by imtheone; 04-30-2009 at 11:18 AM.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:04 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
i guess i wouldn't worry too much, temporary server/lag bug.
if it happens again make the most of it
Old 04-30-2009, 11:21 AM

Steve THATS IT THOUGH I AM REALLY WORRIED SICK BECAUSE OF THIS, I AM AND WILL KEEP LOOKING TO FIND A REASON WHY IT HAPPENED AND THANKYOU IF YOU CAN COME UP WITH A REASON WHY.
THANKS AGAIN GRAHAM
Old 04-30-2009, 01:58 PM

lol, he just gave you a reason - server lag/bug. I wouldn't worry about it.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:37 AM
T6-PREDATOR is offline T6-PREDATOR

definately just server Lag or you connection had an interruption
these are your most obvious senarios