Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 12-02-2007, 09:33 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Bang bang!

Woot! Got an HK USP (BB gun) for my B-day.

It comes with the gun, a pre-loaded clip, and a packet of rounds, and some small black cap thingy.

Gonna use it later on.

I need a camera for screenies.

I never even knew there was a BB USP gun... There must be many BBs based on real guns... lol.

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 12-02-2007, 09:41 PM
Lakie is offline Lakie

lol mate look up airsoft
Old 12-03-2007, 02:28 AM

Hehe looks awesome. I've heard of airsoft many times before but yeah, seems awesome. I looked into the category book that came with the gun and it had many modern firearm replicas that were BB guns - it was awesome.

Imagine that - walking down the street with your Steyr and all the noobs think it's a real gun. xD

The gun I have looks something like this:

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 12-03-2007, 06:37 AM
Spazz is offline Spazz

Send a message via AIM to Spazz
Nice. Reminds me of the days playing BB tag with my friends. I have quite a few scars from it >_>
Old 12-03-2007, 09:52 AM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

ive got 1 of these on the way - http://www.actionhobbys.co.uk/JG-M4-...AEG_ACDWX.aspx

except its a two tone (due to law changes) but im going to custom paint it... (yep its illegal but i dont care muhahaha) ...
Old 12-03-2007, 11:03 AM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

Quote:
Originally posted by Chrispy
Hehe looks awesome. I've heard of airsoft many times before but yeah, seems awesome. I looked into the category book that came with the gun and it had many modern firearm replicas that were BB guns - it was awesome.

Imagine that - walking down the street with your Steyr and all the noobs think it's a real gun. xD

The gun I have looks something like this:

Chris
Don't do it in Sweden atleast, you would have plenty of cops aming a weapon at you, that hurts a bit more then a BB gun

I'm sure that would of happen in most countries actually

Nice gun though, really nice replica!

My photography website

Old 12-03-2007, 11:59 AM

They say holding an airsoft gun down the street as if you're holding a real weapon is a serious offence and possibly you could be charged as if it were a real weapon...

I haven't fired any rounds yet on it. It's still fresh in the box.

My brother told me to MSN him on how to use it (Japanese instructions = WTF lol). I have a fair idea on how to get it going but yeah...

Chris
Old 12-03-2007, 02:03 PM
BB

yep, DO NOT carry them in the street or anywhere public.. if you have to carry it around make sure its in a case and hidden.. the reason the laws in the UK changed was due to airsoft guns being used in robberies and being used offensively towards people.. not only that, but they look realistic so they police will shoot u if they think u are a threat ...
Old 12-03-2007, 03:42 PM
Mauser 98K is offline Mauser 98K

never much cared for airsoft, if i get something it will be able to be used to hunt with, like the pellet rifle i got is the same 1 that china uses to train their troops with and will kill a squirl.

hmm, wait a muinit, ill have to look at the designs of airsoft and see if they are modable for more power and able to use steel balls, ive used steel balls in a paintballgun b4, sleved the barrel and used a 1/4inch steel ball, kill the hell out of a river rat.

ive turned up the power of my pelletgun, take it apart and drop some pennies in the piston where the spring goes so it will compress the spring more, 1100fps good enough out of a 800fps gun? gota use the copper plated pellets thoe otherwise ya strip lead in the barrel and end up with a rifle with no rifleing.

and dont use the cheep guns to shim the spring ither, lol, thell hammer the end off of the gun and send spring piston barrel and all flying at the target, pluss the cheep trigger will give way rendering them useless or taking your finger off when ya loading it, i got a scar from that.

but airsoft is ok, only use i can think of for them in training for clearing a room or something for those plastic pellets dont have much range, the pelletgun i got has a 100m range witch is fun in high wind.

a guitar case works great for hiding a rifle, the way ya do it is ya keep a guitar in the case with a fake wall underneth it where ya hide the gun, make ya a foam cut out that the gun sets in so the bottom plate of the case doesnt shift when ya put pressure on it and the gun doesnt slide around under the floor.

but if ya go that far learn to play some for ya will look silly carrying a guitar around not knowing how to play if they search ya, lol.

but to hide a pistol i would use a smaller case like a toolbox case or electronics kit case and set it up like the guitar case.

if ya can do it ya can get a cheep radio and make a compartment inside of it put ya some hinges inside with some JB weld so it doesnt look modded and cut the back side of the origional screws so that they dont cach on the bottom so the hinges work, make ya a latch setup kindof like a cabnet door has so ya can securly close the radio up, if the radio is big enough and ya did it right ya can still play it.

and a nice laptop has a lot of room to hide a small pistol without compromising its ability to work, just take all of the unnesisarys out, and get the nice aluminum bodied laptop and ya can even hide a gun from metal detectors.

the easiest way to hide a gun in plain sight is a sharpie gun, a gun built into a sharpie marker using a couple of button cell batteries a piece of a christmas tree light and some steel tubing and lot of hot glue and using matches as powder, it is a 1 shot thing but if used right itll takem out, but we wont get into that because it is a zipgun and is illeagle as hell as in prison time.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:55 PM

I think I've only got 100 rounds for this BB to start off with, lol.

But I need to ask a question: when the BB gun is fired, is the fired round able to be re-used? I hope so lol (recycling!). And if so, I may want to fire the gun in a place where I can find the fired rounds (not like long grass lol).

Chris
Old 12-04-2007, 02:07 AM
BB

Quote:
I think I've only got 100 rounds for this BB to start off with, lol.

But I need to ask a question: when the BB gun is fired, is the fired round able to be re-used? I hope so lol (recycling!). And if so, I may want to fire the gun in a place where I can find the fired rounds (not like long grass lol).

Chris
they can be re-used, although its not recommended.. but as long as there is no markings or anything on them then it shud be fine.. as for BBs you can get about 5000 0.2g (heavy weight) BB's for about £5
Old 12-04-2007, 02:29 PM

ive reused bbs b4, is it the steel shot bbs or is it the lead pellet kind?

ya can make a trap for them that is basicly a box with a place to hang ya target and padded inside with carpet, the way i did mine was to put 6 layers of cardboard with a backing of carpet to slow the round down and stop it with the least ammount of dammage to the round.

the fun thing to do is swage ya some solid rounds, get a piece of tubing thats inside diameter is the same size as a pellet and take some lead wire and a punch and swage ya some rounds, gota have a good pelletgun to squeze them out but has twice the stoping power for rodent controll and dont deform as much as a regular pellet.

of corse if ya wana do something, i dont recomend it for leagal reasons , ya can buy a steel tube spring action .22cal pelletgun with a heavy barrel for around 78$US , id recomend the ones with the cocking lever for more strength, they require no paperwork no serial numbers and ya can get or make a chamber reamer for .22cal and change the spring and add a firing pin, rig ya a simple ejector and ya can use it as a regular 22cal rifle, i have done this, just use subsonic rounds,the CCI CB ammo works best, and they will still think it a pelletgun but ya can do real damage with it.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:20 PM

I just easily found out how to check the chamber for any rounds (pulling the back) - still don't know how to unload the clip.

I know there's a lever above the clip area, and it has a semi-circle right under it, probably indicating that's the direction I switch the lever to - it hasn't gone down though. I could press harder, but I have a feeling I'll break the gun.

There's also that little rectangular thingy underneath the trigger square on the gun (refer to the pic above)...

BTW Mauser, they're plastic bio-degradable 6mm rounds.

Chris
Old 12-05-2007, 06:52 PM

hmm, what the FPS for the round, most of the time it around about 150-200fps and around about 30ft max range and that usually wont hurt the plastic round.

i still cant stand to have anything that wont put a dent in a tincan.

oh, how hard is it for ya to get marbles and black ABS pipe and wood?

check this airgun out.

http://www.sentex.net/~mwandel/cannon/air_gun.html

instead of using a aircompressor like he is taking about ya can adapt a fannypac with battery and a 12v compressor.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mauser 98K
hmm, what the FPS for the round, most of the time it around about 150-200fps and around about 30ft max range and that usually wont hurt the plastic round.

i still cant stand to have anything that wont put a dent in a tincan.

oh, how hard is it for ya to get marbles and black ABS pipe and wood?

check this airgun out.

http://www.sentex.net/~mwandel/cannon/air_gun.html

instead of using a aircompressor like he is taking about ya can adapt a fannypac with battery and a 12v compressor.
Marbles and black ABS pipe? Dunno, but I got many marbles.

I just found out this morning how to unload the clip (remember, Japanese instructions came with the gun - not English). I also found out how to turn the gun on safety and on fire (there's a switch that says "S" and "F" so I assume they stand for "safe", and "fire", respectively.

However, there's that lever part at the back of the gun - I have no idea how to get it back up other than push it up. I tried using little force to push the lever up but remember, I don't wanna break anything. See the attachment if you wanna know what I'm talking about.

BTW, interesting link Mauser.

Chris
Attached Images
File Type: jpg usp_lever.jpg (11.2 KB, 43 views)
Old 12-05-2007, 09:16 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Quote:
I just easily found out how to check the chamber for any rounds (pulling the back) - still don't know how to unload the clip.

I know there's a lever above the clip area, and it has a semi-circle right under it, probably indicating that's the direction I switch the lever to - it hasn't gone down though. I could press harder, but I have a feeling I'll break the gun.

There's also that little rectangular thingy underneath the trigger square on the gun (refer to the pic above)...

BTW Mauser, they're plastic bio-degradable 6mm rounds.

Chris
first seat on the ground to do this;
you can unload it really fast, point it to the tip of your shoes pull the trigger until it empty. be empty real fast

no pain no grain lol

on a safe note maybe not a BAD get a can of spray paint, paint the tip red or Orange.

this way if any one see you with it they don't call the police saying a kid running around with a real weapon
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 12-05-2007 at 09:23 PM.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:04 PM

Hehe, lol.

I love the gun - it feels like a real gun and sorta kinda operates like one in some ways (not the actual shooting but the reloading, etc.).

I love pulling the chamber back on the top of the gun - looks sexy. (If you play Halo, and you see how Master Chief pulls the chamber back when you select the pistol, that's what I'm talkin' about. )

Chris
Old 12-07-2007, 10:55 AM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
IN brazil those guns are illegal because people use them to rob banks.
I wanted to get one (with my evil intentions of shooting our neighbors dog when it would wake everyone up at 2:30 in the morning barking at nothing).
I seem to remember someone that was shot and killed because he was playing around with the gun and a cop thought it was real.
Old 12-07-2007, 05:31 PM

All I had to do was pull the trigger to push the back hammer back up lol. I'm stupid.

Chris
Old 12-08-2007, 07:39 PM

lol, naa ya just arnt used to the item, i used to be ignorant in a lot of things but i got better, it just takes time, and lots of practice, like me now can drop a clip from my Kel-Tec 9mm and grab another from my belt and pop it in the gun and cock it in under 3sec, what ya do is when ya watching tv ya use an empty clip and practice droping the clip and reloading the gun.