Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 01-21-2008, 07:27 AM
SlayerSkins is offline SlayerSkins

New Weapons!

Hi i was wondering if somebody could help me;

I have made a new mod for Delta Force: Xtreme called the bhx Mod - Black Hawk Xtreme basicly what it is is a mod with some Black Hawk Down objects and Weapons in!

I was wondering if somebody could tell me how to add a new weapon?

So far what i did is copyed the M4 files and renamed them like this

M4a_1st.3di
M4a_3rd.3di

like that...just adding an a after the real name... then i added the weapon in the weapon.def and its now in the game! but i was wondering if there is another way so the guns can be like the pilot mod ones...(int he game now it says "wpn_Car_15" i was wondering if i could make it say "Car - 15" without the wpn and the _'s

Also...is there a way of changing the Text on the first screen (SinglePlayer, Mulltiplayer) all them...like making it a new font!

Thanks in advance!

Slayer!!

AX Mod Out In March!
Old 01-21-2008, 05:28 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Wait - you said you copied the BHD gun files and renamed them? Because dude, if you did, they would not work in DFX. You'd need them ported.

As for text, check out the .bin files in the game.

If you wanna add a new weapon you need .3di and .dds files for the weapon, and set up .def entries in weapon.def and ammo.def for the weapon. Also minor stuff like the gun pictures at the loadout screen are .tga and stuff. I've never tried adding a new weapon in the game before but I do know how it's done and how to successfully add a new weapon in.

For porting a BHD gun to DFX, it's been done before in the Special Ops mod. In fact, it's got like 80% of what BHD has. As for porting the gun, it'll be a bit of hard work since you gotta export the gun as a file, import it and save it as another file, open that new file up and fix the weapon up like the inverted polys, naming conventions, etc. then export it in SuperOED, and export as a .3di for JO/DFX.

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 01-21-2008, 06:11 PM

i have the workin 3di's converted to DFX coz i can make cr15_1st.3di and 3rd me M4_1st.3di and 3rd and they work good! i just need to know how to add a new weapon!

also how do i open a bin file?

Thanks

Slayer!

AX Mod Out In March!
Old 01-21-2008, 08:39 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Okay, just to make things quick, go into weapon.def and copy the M4 entries. There are entries like "M4AUTO" and "M4", etc. Then modify them so they point to your ported .3di files. Usually we'd then go into ammo.def and create an ammo entry from scratch, but the M4 entries you copied by default, already have an ammo type in there (believe it or not, the stock M4s use CAR15 ammo in DFX so you're already set for that).

To open .bin files, you'll need to download this here (I think this one has the conversion tools for .bin - if not, tell me):
http://www.novahq.net/?show=utilitie...et_file&id=336

Convert the .bin file you want to .txt (I think the one that has weapon names is "Gametext" or something else). Now, DFX relys on a lot of stuff from JO, so it's likely that the stock .bin already has "CAR15" as a weapon name. In there, CTRL + F and search for "CAR15" or something. If you do getan entry, on the left of the entry saying "CAR15", there should be a string name (EXAMPLE) like "STR_CAR15" or something.

In your weapon.def in your copied M4 entries you have modified for your CAR15 there should already be something like "STR_M4" or whatever somewhere - you gotta replace that with the CAR15 one you found in the .def. I can't remember much sorry.

If there's so CAR15 entry in the .bin, you gotta go make one yourself. The .bin files are split into several entries like (EXAMPLE) menu text and whatever. Underneath the weapon text category, you'll need to make a new entry.

Since I'm not at home, someone else can help you out I think. In the Special Ops mod for DFX, they already have 100% working entries for the CAR15. What you can do is ask someone to get those entries out in weapon.def in the Special Ops mod for you and then use those in your own weapon.def. Generally it should work, right?

I'm on my bro's laptop so I can't go in and confirm much stuff for ya mate, sorry.

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 01-21-2008, 09:35 PM

Hi, Yes the bin2txt utility is good :], Thanks!

The adding a new gun...i think i'll leave till 2moro as its now 4.40 am here!

Thanks

Slayer!

AX Mod Out In March!
Old 02-12-2008, 07:36 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Send a message via Yahoo to dave61
The easiest way to alter the item, weapon and ammo .def files is not to alter the original files in the .pff, but to extract them to destop, then edit them, then place the Item, weapon and ammo .def files back into the DFX folder (keeping the orginal .pff intact). No need to alter the .bin files either

If you need help doing the MODs weapons ask my good buddy Skinny Killer !! He's the wizzard of MOD .def files !!!!!
Old 02-13-2008, 02:03 AM
Xx_jet_xX is offline Xx_jet_xX

Send a message via Yahoo to Xx_jet_xX
LOL grab the weapon.def info From the SO mod. the bin file is GAMETEXT.bin. The bin file gives the name in the game and not WEAP_SHORT_CAR15. It uses stock ammo if you want to mod that, thats up to you.

Bin info for Car15 from SO:
Code:
WEAP_SHORT_CAR15 = "CAR15";
WEAP_SHORT_car15M203 = "CAR15/M203";

WPN_CAR15M203 = "CAR15/M203 - Semi";
WPN_CAR15M203AUTO = "CAR15/M203 - Auto";
WPN_CAR15M203HE = "CAR15/M203 - Grenade";
WPN_CAR15 = "CAR15 - Semi";
WPN_CAR15AUTO = "CAR15 - Auto";
Theres another way to port over BHD .3di files and that is use the BHD2JO_3DI.exe from the unofficial JO Mod tools. some of the weapons do not work, depends on if the weapon includes the arm in the .3di. if it is included then you will need to do it Chrispies way, thats the easiest i can explain why some port and some dont lol.......

WTF-Squad

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. -George Carlin