Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Gaming Talk

Gaming Talk Post all your game related stuff here. This includes PC, Console, Handhelds etc.

Old 11-06-2004, 03:20 PM
=]G[=Venom$pit is offline =]G[=Venom$pit

Send a message via Yahoo to =]G[=Venom$pit
Smile Are you looking to join a Squad?

Grunts Joint Operations 2nd Battalion - BHD/TS Division is now recruiting.

If you are interested in joining a very organized squad with the right tools. Take alook at us.

There is no age limit. Your attitude decides that. And all is welcome male or female to join.

Grunts Joint Operations website
venomspit@gruntsjointoperations.com
leadership@gruntsjointoperations.com

We look forward to some new recruits!!
Old 11-24-2004, 04:35 PM

not much traffic in these forums
Old 11-24-2004, 05:20 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
lmao, not our fault no one wants to join your squad
Old 11-24-2004, 06:57 PM

LMAO, Steve could you tell me where it was that I said it was NovaHQ's fault?

You have made an assumption, and took a cheap shot while doing it. Is this proper actions a NovaHQ Admin should take? I feel as if you owe me and the Grunts an appology. Cause I am absolutly not understanding why you would say such things.

Here is my assessment of my remarks.
If you look at all the post in this forum, you will see that most are in the single digit, not many in the double digit, and I think only one in the triple digit numbers that have posted or viewed each topic.

I'm sorry you took personaly offense at my assessment, but it is what I see. And I have the right to make this judgement.
Old 11-24-2004, 08:30 PM
EDGE is offline EDGE

Send a message via ICQ to EDGE Send a message via AIM to EDGE Send a message via Yahoo to EDGE
Well, if you would look at how many members we have and how many total posts we have, you would see that these forums are active. We get atleast 5+ members each day. If you were to stick around and not post once or twice, you would see that. You cannot tell us that our forums are not active just because no one has replied to your thread. No one is judging you or your squad. Therefor, you have no right to tell us that our site and/or forums are inactive. Most of the members here do not care about reading posts about new squads and/or joining squads. Almost all the members here are already on good, established squads. If you don't think the site is active enough for you, why not go to another site? I will tell you, you will not find a more active Novalogic resource site than this one.

So what if he made an assumption? He is the Admin of the BIGGEST Novalogic resource site. This is probably the only REAL novalogic resource site. All the other sites that say they are Novalogic resource sites are actually DF series sites. They just claim to be Novalogic sites so they can cover JO.

Really, like I have already said. It doesn't matter what Steve says or does. He's the admin of the BIGGEST and most WELL-KNOWN Novalogic resource site around.

Have fun finding another resource site that is as active as this one.
Old 11-25-2004, 08:49 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

chill venom

if u checked out this site before or were a longer standing member you will see a few hundred posts per day

really, honestly is that not active?

your assumption is based on the fact that no-one replied to your message.

the title of the thread is "Are you looking to join a Squad?"

obviously no-one at this time who has been on the site wants to join your squad hence no replies.

so just to cover my post

"lmao" > in reply to "not much traffic in these forums"

"not our fault no one wants to join your squad" > because no one replied to your post, which is the only reason you made your comment.

also "not our fault" is just a figure of speech not to be taken to literally, i'm not intending to blame anyone as such.
Old 11-25-2004, 10:08 AM
Acid is offline Acid

Send a message via ICQ to Acid
Welcome to NovaHQ, lol
Old 11-25-2004, 10:31 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

lol yeah forgot that :/

but seriously i didn't mean it how u read it Venom. it wasn't derogatory to ur squad, just a quick reply to ur quick reply
Old 11-29-2004, 01:03 PM

LOL, I personally thought you should "Chill". Please don't try and turn this around on me. Man, you all have taken my words way out of context. I can't believe all the defensive stance on my little comment, in my own post. Our squad has been together for 5+ years and have play DF1, 2, LW, TFD, BHD, & most recently JO. And we are quite aware of NovaHQ. I hope you don't think we are a unexperienced squad. And yes, people do want to join our squad Steve.

As for this being the biggest best in the world. lol, there are others, but will give you the credit of doing a good job. WHICH I NEVER CONTESTED. And I can tell Edge didn't read my response, as I have explained that my assessment goes far beyond my own post.

I personally, considering this is all fun and games. You two took it too personally. And to get this kind of responses from you guys for my little, assessment was a suprise. I would have never expected you all to be so defensive.

So, if you have a misunderstanding regarding my post, PM me and I will explain myself again. thanks. Oh let me guess, you probably want me to "Chill" in your next response. I do still believe that we deserve an appology. But, if you don't want to give it, thats your perogitive. If you don't want me to post here or associate our squad with NovaHQ, please indicate so. And we will be happy to move on. And Edge, go make a sig or somthing. ;-)
Old 11-29-2004, 01:41 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

apologise for what though?

I explained my post and said i didn't mean it in a bad way, i.e. you misunderstood my post to. But i guess you think that is an unreasonable concept?

My response was to try and explain my post more clearly to you, again you think this is unreasonable. I'm stuck here because what ever I post you will say somthing like i'm being defensive or wrong.

I dunno whats wrong with saying chill either lol. Maybe you were expecting some anger or a fight or something?

i can see its obvioulsy a big issue seeing as it took 6 days to reply, so if it isn't then give it a rest because you wont get an apology for no reason.
Old 11-29-2004, 02:40 PM
Stu is offline Stu
Resident Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
lmao, not our fault no one wants to join your squad
LMAO!!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by E.D.G.E
(all of his post, really long :P
Quote:
chill venom

if u checked out this site before or were a longer standing member you will see a few hundred posts per day

really, honestly is that not active?

your assumption is based on the fact that no-one replied to your message.

the title of the thread is "Are you looking to join a Squad?"

obviously no-one at this time who has been on the site wants to join your squad hence no replies.

so just to cover my post

"lmao" > in reply to "not much traffic in these forums"

"not our fault no one wants to join your squad" > because no one replied to your post, which is the only reason you made your comment.

also "not our fault" is just a figure of speech not to be taken to literally, i'm not intending to blame anyone as such.
^^ well said
Quote:
Originally posted by Acid
Welcome to NovaHQ, lol
^^ ahahahhahahhahahha, indeed
Quote:
...And Edge, go make a sig or somthing. ;-)
^^ thats just not funny and i'm not laughing, edge probally atchaully does something creatful insted of gaming.
1. I think steve was only joking on his first post, so it was you that took it seriously.
2. I do totally agree with edge, steve is an admin of the worlds biggest nova site. he does what he pleases.
3. Back to 2 & 1, he was only joking on his first post still.
4. I see no reason for aplogising atall, so i'm prettey sure he wont.
5. Steves a cool person, and i'm not being bias to us brits, he is usally very funny, and very friendly, but i see why he isn't gonna apoligise because of reson 4.
Old 11-29-2004, 02:40 PM
EDGE is offline EDGE

Send a message via ICQ to EDGE Send a message via AIM to EDGE Send a message via Yahoo to EDGE
Look, you took offense to what Steve said. Don't try to say you didn't because you did. We are not trying to turn anything around on you. Why do we have to? Steve is right, we do not owe anyone an apology. Maybe you were coming here to expect a fight, who knows?

Just because Steve says one thing, you turn it on us to make us seem like the bad guys? He made one comment. To me, it sounds like someone should grow up and learn how to take criticism. Being a graphics designer, I know how to take criticism and it doesn't bother me.

Were you reviewing our posts with your squad or something? It took you six days to reply, six days. You really must want something to happen here. Whether it's trying to give this community a bad name, give Steve or myself a bad name, whatever it is, it's not going to happen. I suggest you just stop posting. You are not going to get an apology as we feel you do not need one.

Quote:
Originally posted by =]G[=Venom$pit
And Edge, go make a sig or somthing. ;-)
I take this as it was supposed to be a joke to put me down? Sorry, graphic designing is my life. You can't hurt me with a joke about that. Your going to have to try harder. I would like to see you try to make the stuff I and other people make. By the way you are posting, it doesn't sounds like you even have the patience to do this stuff. Do you know how long and how much time I put into doing what I do? Didn't think so, try again.

Seriously though, just stop posting here if you think we did something wrong.
Old 11-29-2004, 03:42 PM

1. Steve your sharp response to my harmless comment, was rediculous. I made my point.

2. Edge, don't know why you are even in this conversation. I am too a graphic artist. But my title is "Muli-Media Production". But don't know why you would get defensive about it.

3. I guess the Grunts nor I are not welcome here. This I appologize for. Cause the Grunts are one of the most long lasting well known squads in the gaming community. So at this time I will make sure NovaHQ is not associated with the Grunts and be sure to inform our allies as well as theirs. Sorry to waste your time.

Personally, I think you all need to stop reading so far into peoples posts and make judgements off of your premature assumptions. That is how this all started and if Steve wouldn't have stated anything, it would be just fine in here. I didn't come here to fight, but I see you all did.

Cheers!
Old 11-29-2004, 03:52 PM

I just realized, you all are brits. I now understand the anomosity towards this here American.

Here is our conversation posted on Grunts forum for all the read. I hope you all visit it often, so you can see the LIGHT! lol.

http://www.gruntsjointoperations.com...hp?p=3602#3602
Old 11-29-2004, 04:42 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

no real need for you to post edge and tec.

edge is american venom, don't make stuff up like were anti american. so it kinda makes you look a bit stupid making a comment like that and having it as the title of your own thread > "NovaHQ(Brits) vs. Venom$pit". but i guess somehow i'm at fault again lol?

if you really took so much offence from my comment then you need to say away from any forum except your own squad's. You need to learn to take the rough with the smooth, i guess you are always used to having things your way as squad leader. hence the reason to post it on your squad forum because everyone will be sympathetic.

not everyone is gonna bow down and kiss your feet elsewhere, which is why others have posted here.

i can honestly say that my post was a joke, you took it way out of line and now turned it into a anti nation hate campaign! i can't wait to see what you pull out next m8.

Quote:
Steve your sharp response to my harmless comment, was rediculous
i cannot see the difference between out 2 posts. why is one more malicious than the other. 2 simple comments, yours doesnt make sense and mine was a joke. demanding an apology for your squad (without any discussion with me personally to find out if i meant it in a bad way or not) is just pig-headed and you brought it into the open on the forum.

Quote:
I personally got a suprise out of this, and realized that NovaHQ must be on the brink of loosing their popularity. Why? Well, read. You will see how defensive they are about my "Harmless" comment.
actually we are more popular than ever. something else you dont have the facts about . fortunatley we only get about 1 in every thousand registered members that have an attitude that doesnt agree with the rest of the members, but that's life. it would suck if everyone was the same.
Old 11-29-2004, 04:53 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

i guess i spend too much time on the forum and my humor is slipping. i apologise for my joke reply to your post.

edge will need an apology to for calling him a brit, no-one wants that afflicted upon them
Old 11-29-2004, 08:16 PM
Acid is offline Acid

Send a message via ICQ to Acid
Quote:
i guess i spend too much time on the forum and my humor is slipping. i apologise for my joke reply to your post.

edge will need an apology to for calling him a brit, no-one wants that afflicted upon them
LMAO

This is the funniest thread EVER!!!!

Go Bears!!!!

USA USA USA LMAO
Old 11-29-2004, 08:54 PM
EDGE is offline EDGE

Quote:
lmfao...

Venom, what do you have against British people? I see no reason in why you should accuse us of being british. Is being british a bad thnig? Do you have something against british people?

Last edited by EDGE; 11-29-2004 at 09:06 PM.
Old 11-29-2004, 09:37 PM
JonM is offline JonM

boy venom spit, it seems easy enuff for you to express your side, and make sure everyone understands you, but i guess it's unfair for you to consider steve's side...lol i'm with you steve
Old 11-29-2004, 10:16 PM

This topic is blown completely out of perspective and is starting to slide into no mans land.

As for Edge not being a Brit. I do appologize for this, and take responsibility for my COMMENT.

And thanks Steve for your appology. PS, I PM'd you to explain. You could have locked the topic. ;-)

Cheers fellas, my last post. But, please feel free to continue the topic as many others are also finding this interesting. Including visiting our forums so that you see how others not on your "firing squad" think.