Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Tech Support

Tech Support Have a problem? Maybe we can help!

Old 07-16-2004, 06:30 PM
teej is offline teej

Send a message via ICQ to teej Send a message via AIM to teej Send a message via Yahoo to teej
Cry Video card

hey well i finally got my new video card but i have a problem with it. I have a ATI Radion 9600 Pro 256mb. I put it in and everything was going good turned computer on, everything started up fine and installed the stuff that it gave you. I restared then it wouldnt turn on again. Well it will turn on but nothing shows up. I took the video card out and my computer screen will start up like it should at the beginning but then it only goes to like the safe mode screen. i went through my bias and other things but i cant figure it out. can someone help???

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
ok, now that we are all a little dumber for reading that, back to how much IE is better than any other browser
Old 07-16-2004, 07:14 PM
PrecisioN is offline PrecisioN
elite whiner

your monitor cant handle resolution
go in ssafe mode and change resolution to a lower one
Old 07-16-2004, 07:23 PM
Rider is offline Rider

u have to uninstall your regular display drivers, go into device manager and uninstall your display driver and then reinstall the video card driver, should work then
Old 07-17-2004, 10:14 AM
teej is offline teej

Send a message via ICQ to teej Send a message via AIM to teej Send a message via Yahoo to teej
ok...i can take out my video card and use my intergrated card but the thing is that the regular screen wont come up in safe mode...so i thought about changing the resolution but i cant...? any other suggestions

Quote:
ok, now that we are all a little dumber for reading that, back to how much IE is better than any other browser
Old 07-17-2004, 10:58 AM
Spazz is offline Spazz

Send a message via AIM to Spazz
maybe you had a virus waiting untill you removed a piece of hardrive..and by removing your videocard activated it. just a thought
Old 07-17-2004, 01:13 PM
Charlie Daniels is offline Charlie Daniels

Send a message via ICQ to Charlie Daniels Send a message via AIM to Charlie Daniels Send a message via Yahoo to Charlie Daniels
Removing a piece of your hard drive? That's not really possible since your hard drive is a disk. I think you meant hardware lol. I've never heard of a virus like that.

Old 07-17-2004, 06:52 PM
teej is offline teej

same thing i was thinking i was alittle skepticle...i think its the resolution but its too late ne ways b/c i reformatted my computer and everything b4 i thought about the resolution. So i dont have win. xp or ne thing...but i couldn't do it ne ways b/c it wouldnt let me to the main screen when i had everything in...weird

Quote: