Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 07-10-2002, 02:48 AM
Ice Cannon is offline Ice Cannon

Send a message via ICQ to Ice Cannon
Best sniper shot in the Afgan war goes unrewarded

SOURCE: ASO FORUMS (http://www.asoteam.org) (posted by Asio~Aso)

In April of this year Cpl.Arron Perry of the Canadian 3rd Battalion sniper team made with a MacMillan Tac.50 (.50 Cal) a 2430m shot & killed a Taliban Terrorist, Being the longest shot in military history.

The twist to this tale is that the Americian Military wanted to award the Cpl with a bronze star, The Canadian Military refused the offer saying & I quote "We do not want people thinking that Canadians are such adept killers", as a matter of fact instead they shipped the Cpl & his three teammates home for counselling, When the Cpl disagreed with the chaplins views during counselling the Canadian army has bought him up on charges of misconduct!
Also the Cpl's three teammates have been bought up on charges of misconduct for takeing photo's of their kills!

The US Military has withdraw it's offer of the bronze star because of the Canadian Military's sensibilites!

Warning to the commonwealth soldiers "Serve your country at your own risk, as there are people out there that would like to see you in jail for it!"

This Article is from the Australian & New Zealand Defender Magazine.

My opinnion is that these Canadian idiots train & send their snipers to war to do what??
How can they justifiy their treatment of such a soldier, When he's made more than likely the best shot in history!

Think we should start an online poll about this guy getting something for his efforts!
Old 07-11-2002, 01:45 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

eek RE:SNIPER.

Hello Ice Cannon,

This doesn't make any sense to me! What are soldiers for? To fight and kill!!!! Snipers are there to do a job and this guy did his job (duty) and should be rewarded for serving his country and taking out an enemy!!!! Counselling? Charges for disagreeing with the chaplain? Is this what modern western Armies are becoming????

BADDOG
ENGLAND.

Old 07-11-2002, 04:51 AM
Crede is offline Crede

Completely Agree,

Cpl.Arron Perry is an absolute asset to his country. Disgraceful treatment.

What he did was an outstanding feat of skill and marksmanship. Respect to him, deserves a medal and a massive pat on the back not a slap in the face.

Crede
Old 07-11-2002, 09:19 AM
G£Ñ~¥§~Ç µ С£™ is offline G£Ñ~¥§~Ç µ С£™
USMC

Send a message via ICQ to G£Ñ~¥§~Ç µ С£™ Send a message via Yahoo to G£Ñ~¥§~Ç µ С£™
As a Marine Corps Veteran, I find this shot to be downright awesome. Nearly unbelievable, all factors had to be perfect for this to happen. Deserving of any medal! My cover is off for you young soldier. Congrats and I hope you are on my side...............LOL
or I will see you DIE!!!!!
[img]/images/sigs/cudiesig.gif[/img]
Old 07-12-2002, 08:29 AM
Ice Cannon is offline Ice Cannon

Send a message via ICQ to Ice Cannon
Yeh...mayb i should post a poll on http://Yoursay.cjb.net

but I doubt it would do very much....
Old 07-12-2002, 01:54 PM
katana*GFR* is offline katana*GFR*

Send a message via ICQ to katana*GFR* Send a message via MSN to katana*GFR*
Lets bomb the Canadian Army with a stack of emails to say that what they are doing is **** messed up orso.
If sum1 could line up a nice txt? post it here and all copy it into email and send it to them. Or would they even be more annoyed? well plz tell me what ya all think of it. I say its messed that he gets accused of doing his job right. AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH who the heck is in command there? Sum peace loving pacifist?

Found on Youtube:
Quote:
And if Newton Faulkner's voice can be described as "R&B" then Kurt Cobain must be a member of Boyz II Men.
Link here