Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > News
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

News News and comment posting for the main page. Use this forum to submit your news.

Old 01-27-2009, 02:30 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
DFX2 Info

From ravenn:

Quote:
Note - this is not a press release - we'll be doing that soon, hopefully. I've been seeing the same questions pop up and I'll answer some of 'em here...

1.is dfx2 due out in february ? amazon and some other sites are takingpre orders for the game for dates between the 9 - 21 of feb 09.

There is no firm date, but I think March is more accurate based on Marketing and Distribution needs. Gives us more time to polish it anyways.

2. is dfx2 made on the same engine as dfaf?

No, DFX2 is not using the DFAF engine ( and yes, it's a totally separate game, and it's not a replacement for DFAF )

3.is dfx2 being shipped on dvd-rom or cd-rom, depending on what web site pre order i read some say cd some say dvd.

I'm pretty sure it's on DVD - we're planning on including a lot of content for mappers.

4. please can you tell me the spec of system needed to run dfx2.

Not official yet, but it will basically run fine on the same specs as DFX. It will probably have a larger HD footprint, and a little more RAM and juice on the video card isn't going to hurt - but if you can run DFX fine now - you'll be ok.

Also, DFX2 is not a remake or update of DF2 as a lot of people have been speculating. It's original missions, all new maps and terrains ( plus all the old terrains as well ).

Anti-cheat and hack reporting will be much more solid than previous games.

We'll try and 'leak' some more screens this week for you guys as well

-r

edit: I forgot to mention that we have been looking at DFX and JO critically for weapons and vehicle balance for DFX2. We're aware of the previous balance issues with guns, nades, AT4s, helos, gunships and are addressing it.
Quote:
yeah - there's been new anticheat stuff in the works for a while...

the screen with the nade boats is from single player, BTW... We're still considering the use for MP - but the balance is definitely being addressed - and the days of gunship raping and guys in littlebirds raining 203s with impunity are done.
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 01-27-2009, 02:40 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
thanks for the infos chrispy
Old 01-27-2009, 02:44 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
No probs. This DFX2 sounds interesting.
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 01-27-2009, 02:49 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
couple of interesting points in there, sound sgood for mappers, and the last part definately is good news
Old 01-27-2009, 10:54 PM
Bustin is offline Bustin
DF2 Forever

Vehicles should be taken out of Delta Force games. It's infantry...at most a hummer and zodiac for covering vast distances could be driveable...but flying a helicopter? Yea not happening, and trying to balance it all in is what took away from Delta Force's shine.

Old 01-28-2009, 02:14 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
i got to have that dirt bike! it crazy to ride on, hope if it in it they fix that darn cart wheel thing (when you hit the ground it go into a cart wheel laying on it side then boom blows up) its like it don't have a off switch on it lol

i mean i could fly off a cliff into the sky and land and keep on going lol
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 01-28-2009, 11:09 AM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

any chance of news on an EU release? ill be very pissed off if its more than a couple of days apart.. as it hasnt even appeared on any UK retail websites yet..
Old 02-20-2009, 02:17 PM
Alucard is offline Alucard

Long time DF fan returning here. So is this just another game built on the same engine used for the last DFX tho? I loved it but I'm just not sure I could be heart broken enough to buy DFX again.

On the note of people saying vehicles should be removed - Vehicles are fine its the mappers that need to be more considerate of the situation on weather a said vehicle will be too over powered on a map.

Will there be better tools then "NILE" That came with the last DFX?
Old 02-20-2009, 03:14 PM
ShArP is offline ShArP

Send a message via ICQ to ShArP Send a message via AIM to ShArP Send a message via MSN to ShArP
if it has vehicles, i probably won't be buying it, Delta Force games should never have vehicles, isn't the "Delta Force" infantry to begin with?

Old 02-20-2009, 03:27 PM
IcIshoot is offline IcIshoot

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
I agree with alucard - why remove the vehicles when the mappers can just avoid using them?

Server admins can control what maps they use, and squads can control how their mappers map.

Its not that big of a deal

And alucard - Nope, no new tools for DFX2. That will come with the release of Angel Falls.

DFX2 sounds like it is just going to be DFX with new terrains, objects and game play like BHD
Old 02-20-2009, 03:47 PM

I did enjoy the BHD combat better then the JO/DFX so if its gonna be like that cool. I wouldn't even mind if they took BHD and just upgraded it heavily in every aspect except how the weapons handled.

Well as long as the price is right for the game and I feel like I could suffer through the game again I might pick it up. I'm just hoping for alot more from Angel Falls.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:51 PM
DC_Scout_67 is offline DC_Scout_67

Quote:
Originally posted by Alucard
I did enjoy the BHD combat better then the JO/DFX so if its gonna be like that cool. I wouldn't even mind if they took BHD and just upgraded it heavily in every aspect except how the weapons handled.

. . .
And I would HATE it if it is like BHD, as in my opinion DFX is FAR, FAR better than BHD. Could it be you did not give DFX a serious try? Most that did not like DFX, did not wait until we map makers had a chance to my cool maps to play; and based their opinion on NovaWorld maps. Come to DC's--DM any odd numbered night, and we will show you why DFX is better than BHD. I hope DFX 2 is what it's name implies, AN IMPROVED DFX!

Old 03-01-2009, 08:07 PM
DC_Scout_67 is offline DC_Scout_67

I meant "make cool maps"; but the edit option here does not work. Still, I think because of the numerous high quality maps made for DFX by several great map makers, you will find the game now is far better than you originally did. There are lots of CQB arena's as well as outstanding sniper maps posted here. I personally do not use any MODS and still my regulars think DFX is better than BHD. So we are eagerly looking foward to DFX 2.

Old 03-01-2009, 08:18 PM
Bustin is offline Bustin
DF2 Forever

Nova is just too far behind the curve in my opinion. Animations, textures, game play; they just can't get to the level of great games anymore.

I haven't had that oh my god feel since DF2 when I crawled through the grass and found a sniper 3 feet in front of me for the first time.

Old 03-01-2009, 10:35 PM
IcIshoot is offline IcIshoot

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
I didn't like the way the weapons where in dfx vanilla - it wasn't until I installed the deep jungle mod that dfx really got fun to play - had nothing to do with maps.

I'm really hoping that dfx2 will be the mapping capabilities of dfx with the weapon selection and game play of bhd - best of both games
Old 03-01-2009, 11:33 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Quote:
Originally posted by Bustin
Nova is just too far behind the curve in my opinion. Animations, textures, game play; they just can't get to the level of great games anymore.

I haven't had that oh my god feel since DF2 when I crawled through the grass and found a sniper 3 feet in front of me for the first time.
i use to lay low edge of the grass to wait for some sniper to find a spot mostly on hill side they go to and get down to start killing other players, i would take my time & let them feel they safe after 10sec i shot them in the head, i would be like only 150m away
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 03-02-2009, 12:26 PM

@icishoot - I did like DFX I loved it really but the vanilla weapons where not that great. BHD had better weapon control in my opinion and more weapons. I kinda felt jipped because I found out that DFX was just a watered down version of JO.

Still to say that I did like DFX I played it for nearly a year along with BHD.

@Bustin - Agreed they like too reuse the same engine over and over only seeming to do upgrades here and there for the weapons and how the AI react but not really to the graphics too much. Would be nice to see a new engine being used in Angel Falls but I don't know too much about that game yet.