Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 09-08-2003, 06:49 PM
Frootie ÐÐT is offline Frootie ÐÐT

Wink Getting out of the Hall Of Shame

As posted on Jolt.co.uk because HighHand (Former cheater ßooßoo) was flaming at me

Quote:
Originally posted by I'm Frootie ÐÐT
Be warned, I learned my leason well!!!

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2003 7:57 PM
To: leiding@ddthq.com
Subject: Suspended Character

In response to you questions:

Has there been an investigation to the other players present at that time if they felt offended? Has it been asked whether they feel offended or me having ruined their gameplay etcetera?
It is not our policy to divulge the methods or specific results of any investigation. Whether or not any specific individual was offended by this event is not the question. Our SYSOP has determined that this was in violation of the following article of our rules of conduct:
"You may not abuse and/or overuse the channels of communication and 'spam' messages to teammates or opponents."
While your screenshot shows that the only person typed a message interrupting your SPAM, it also shows that this SPAM filled the entire message history and scrolled off all previously logged communications. Communications that the SYSOP and others could no longer access as a result of your actions. The mere fact that you mentioned the website is not the issue.
The primary issue with this offense centers around the filling of the message queue. The secondary issue with this offense is related to the unsolicited promotional nature of message itself.

Does this mean I cannot promote my site as a Delta Force squad in game?
A Novaworld game is not a place to promote websites and we would likely take similar action if you were to change your message to one line and merely send it at intervals (ie every minute or every couple of minutes). SPAM is, at it's core, an unsolicited promotional message. These messages would be inappropriate even if you just sent the message once when you entered or exited the server.
If during conversation with an individual you felt it necessary to tell someone your website address, it certainly would not be a problem. The problem arises from the unsolicited broadcast of such information.

Is this worth a straight forward suspension not even a warning that this kind of so called " Fun talking " is forbidden?
You left the game within seconds of your spamming and there was no opportunity to issue a warning of any kind.

The suspension on your character has been removed. Take the suspension as a warning. As you can see we will not tolerate spamming.

Novalogic Technical Support, Mike
Novalogic Inc.
support@novalogic.com
Please quote all previous correspondence

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2003 12:46 AM
To: 'Support email'
Subject: RE: Suspended Character

Dear Mike (and all others involved),

I do understand the meaning of this letter and let me assure you I will not do these kind of actions ever again, even more, I will broadcast this story to prevent others from being as ignorant as I was!

I would like to thank Novalogic for giving me another chance of setting things right and continue my game in all its glory

Thank you so much again for your understanding and compassion

With best regards,

Frootie ÐÐT
staff@ddthq.com

OUR Cancer research progress

Alea iacta est! Status quo Imperium.
Homo sapiens non urinat contra ventum
Ite in malam rem, Vescere bracis meis
Old 09-08-2003, 11:25 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
The suspension on your character has been removed. Take the suspension as a warning. As you can see we will not tolerate spamming.

go for you and maybe others will lrean from it also.

so you got your character back , but next time be more watch full of these rules. there always something new.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 09-09-2003, 02:27 PM
Matt is offline Matt

Administrator

Send a message via MSN to Matt
awwwww that made me feel all stingly inside

Click here for the official member status images!

Quote:
Originally posted by Panther
For your sence of free speech, we will control how much you have here .
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
fak i clicked it to lol.

the message "this will disable it" should have been put before

sorry
Old 09-15-2003, 12:28 PM
RHA600 is offline RHA600

Send a message via AIM to RHA600
pretty gay. As I can see their reasons behind not allowing spam, I am also sure there are many people out there (I am not one of them, sorry) that are possibly looking for a squad to join and have no idea where to look or who to contact. So there response that they would take the same action if he posted one line every few minutes is a little much. Between this and the stupid stat padding rule I can't wait for the new UT and Doom to come out so I can play a game made by a real company.

Nova, a word of advice. Stop spending time worrying about these rules and try fixing the glitches in the game.