Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2003, 05:42 PM
Frootie ÐÐT is offline Frootie ÐÐT

eek Did I deserve to get suspended?

Hi all,

As some of u in BHD scene allready have seen;
My prime Character € ƒròótie ÐÐT has been suspended by Novalogic.

This all happened on the 29th of august. In my Zonetime it has been on a Friday evening late, after a long evening playing in Wetworks (no tracers map TKOTH), with half a dozen of my Squadmates.

I was stunned and pulled the hairs out of my head how the hell I made it possible to get suspended.
(please don't be bothered to mention your remark(-s) that I must have been cheating, All that know me, knows it ain't so, I can play the game without it good enuf).

As it occured, I was not the only 1 that got suspended my friend, reaper ÐÐT also had the same thing. Reaper e-mailed straight away, me not knowing he had done that, he got a word back the same hour. However to keep this story short (as If I would, duh) I will not elaborate on his story but stick to mine...

I mailed to ban@novaworld.com as was stated in the message I got when logging in to my account and Also I mailed to ban@novalogic.com and to support@novaworld.com and even to support@novalogic.com. Presto, the latter being the only joust one.

I am not here to argue about who ever framed me, for I do not think such a thing happened. I think a Sysop that entered the game (as viewer) must have read something wrong.

Let me give u some information:
1. Did I get suspended because I was Statpadding?
a.
Ok, I have a level 48 in Search and Destroy, but hey, I like to play that gametype, and even so, there are a lot more players that like TKOTH, does it mean they r statpadders too because they r fond of a gametype?

b. My € ƒròótie ÐÐT ratio's are not that impressive (A&D only) :
Minutes Played 16,930
Base Targets Destroyed 4,095
This will come out to a 1 target every 4.13 minutes that I played this gametype.
Be aware there are players that are having a higher ratio hten me, Are they banned because they statpadded too(the answer is obvious, u don't have to look it up)
Ok, 1 sample for those who do not believe it, these r stats from MAVERICK@WAR©, #1 player (again A&D only) :
Minutes Played 26,573
Base Targets Destroyed 9,799
This will come out to a 1 target every 2.71 minutes that he played this gametype.

c. Knife only games.
Well, I entered the S&D server in midday, and some where knife fighting, As i like to play it but since EULA regulations r showed upon, I managed to do just gaming for 4 maps until they all managed to convince me that it would not be in violation of the EULA. So I was happy some 1 I know well enuf (Snake Pliskin UKO) told me if I should get suspended, he would too, for he asked me to join them (all 8 other players that wanted too) in knife only. This all lasted not even 2 maps, so are my statistics measured by these 2 maps alone?

2. Did I get suspended for foul language?
a.
Ok, on occasion I can talk dirty, my name Frootie is not for nothin, but I always talk with a wink. I never get fulgare or persistant in my mouthing...
b. Medics, yes they arew a pain in the ass, seeing a (couple of) medic in zone not bothering to help you to get back on your feet again. it makes me shout to them, things like: ANY FREAKING MEDS WORKING TODAY? or MEDIC, MOVE YOUR ASS OVER MINE. For some like to read me typing trash like that, it is still me winking to you all as proudly gay and fruit-alistic I am...
c. there is no c.

Well, As I said before, I am not aware of why I got suspended and I do not like it even a tiny bit.

But the worst part in this is the silence from Novaworld for I have E-mailed them over and over again to get an answer.
I hope u readers grant me the right to know Why I got suspended, or don't u wanna know?

For those of you who want to read some more u can click thids link: UKO site England or u can leave a rection below.

For those who wants to know what I wrote, here it is:

FIRST MAIL on 29th of august

It seems my Character has been banned for a reason not clear to me.
All I do is try to play fair, all I try is to tell others I will not make agreements with the other team because of the EULA.
I have never seen these rules but for the obvious reasons they are clear to me.

Ever since u made this rule active I have acted to what it stands for.
The only reason I can think of why u suspended me is because of what happened yesterday:

I was playing in S&D ranger 5 all the players ( 8 in piece) asked for Knife only game,
I did not want to do it and I kept shooting as I saw them on sight.
Snake Pliskin of UKO or known in game as Š plï§ken «UKØ» can tell u it’s the truth, his site is: http://uko.dfbhd.org.uk/

After 3 or 4 maps, they kept insisting and they all stated that Knife only was not in violation of EULA.

All they said was something about snipers killing some1 and then another 1 revived him and that went over and over again…

This knifing was not stat padding. So finally I agreed to them to c what happens. We lasted to do it for 1-2 maps, then others came in and started shooting, so the knife only was over pretty soon. Are you trying to measure my efforts of playing to these 1-2 maps?

I have played DF2, DF:LW, DF:TFD and now play BHD. Always tried to play as fair as I could. Now I am being punished for something I was not aware off. Not even a warning. I have mailed u about numerous cheaters, included screenshots time, server and all the data you wanted, I provided it to you.

Please, I never meant to harm this game anyway.

As such I think it is not fair that bad players (read cheaters) still can rule the game as where I played always to the fairest way possibly I can do.

Please I urge and plea to you to reconsider my suspension.

With best regards,

Frootie ÐÐT
Staff leader of ÐÐT
www.ddthq.com

SECOND MAIL on 31th of august

Dear sir Alan Masters ( CO support@novaworld.com) <-- that e-mail is not valid

As of today I still have not heard anything from you.

Bear in mind it is quite rude to leave me in doubt like this.
You could at least confirm you have received my first e-mail and as such u will investigate it.

Where does it leave me? Me, always been a honest player, has been falsely accused of something and therefore suspended?

I would be very much obliged if u at least gave me a reply to where I stand or what ever it is you will be representing me as evidence of my mistake.

Sincerely,

€ ƒròótie ÐÐT

Any1 wants to bet some money in how fast they will react?
Further more, u can all try to predict what rule I trespassed.

Last but not least, stay on this topic, before u know it it is your ass on the line!!!
And where do you think you can go to?

OUR Cancer research progress

Alea iacta est! Status quo Imperium.
Homo sapiens non urinat contra ventum
Ite in malam rem, Vescere bracis meis
Old 09-01-2003, 08:02 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
will only way i can see you getting around it 2-ways
1.) Buy a new Cd DF:BHD (reason be faster get back into the game).
2.) try to talk to them about it may, May take a long time to get back into the game. (call them,e-mail.)
Novalogic.Inc
Techical No# (800) 787-0325 (Faster live-talk one on one)
Fax No# (800) 880-3448

a sad story, i have heard seem a buddy of mind. his bother use his Pc to play the game DF: BHD use a cheat tool to make trouble with other players, Bad new's other players seen him cheating and (he was using the chartar name that was listed for the account) they reported him as a cheater. not knowing he was not the true player of the game.(No then to do with you), a buddy it happen to he got a new DFBHD Cd), and his bother told him later what he did. will not to get into details his bother got a black eye out of it.

in this case he don't no longer use the No-Cd patch any more he use his Cd all the time and when he not playing it he put the Cd away in a safe place.DF BHD old cd he trashed no longer any good., after he got the New DF: BHD Cd and the Key code to make up the new account with Novalogic.inc is good to go now.

One has to be watchful on, who plays your games on share comp (pc) any one use your account name or password and they can goof it up for you, by breaking the rules. thats the end of it. (others player do a cheat report its finsh)
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 09-01-2003 at 08:17 PM.
Old 09-01-2003, 09:11 PM
RËVØ£ÛTÎØѫź¹» is offline RËVØ£ÛTÎØѫź¹»

Send a message via ICQ to RËVØ£ÛTÎØѫź¹» Send a message via Yahoo to RËVØ£ÛTÎØѫź¹»
tell them bitches to unfuk your account LOL
Tell em Boromir ( me ) will hunt their azz and blow it off
Old 09-01-2003, 11:35 PM
Chief ADFP

OMG

how did you get that rank so fast?

Player : € ƒròótie ÐÐT
PCID : A-7V-WXKPDT
This player is suspended.

only Login? Count 413x (play the game 413 times)
Made the Rank of: 4-Star General (17)
Minutes Played 19,501 (total time play the By Minutes)

Promotion History

Date Rank
Apr 01, 2003 Private (1) (st day playing it np)
Apr 02, 2003 Private First Class (2) (Started going up going up in rank)
Apr 02, 2003 Corporal (3) (same day?)
Apr 02, 2003 Sergeant (4) (Same day?)
Apr 05, 2003 Sergeant First Class (5) (3days later?)
Apr 09, 2003 Master Sergeant (6) (4days later?)
Apr 12, 2003 Sergeant Major (7) (3days later?)
Apr 13, 2003 Second Lieutenant (8) (1day later?)
Apr 15, 2003 First Lieutenant (9) (2days later?)
Apr 25, 2003 Captain (10) (10 Days later?)
Apr 27, 2003 Major (11) (17 days later?)
Apr 30, 2003 Lieutenant Colonel (12) (3 days later?)

May 05, 2003 Colonel (13) (5 days later?)
May 10, 2003 1-Star General (14) (5 days later?)
May 24, 2003 2-Star General (15) (14 days later?)

Jun 13, 2003 3-Star General (16) (20 days later?)

Jul 13, 2003 4-Star General (17) (30 days later?lol)

man you really made rank faster then any one, i know. I never ever seen any one make rank to 4-Star General in 4-moth Apirl,May,Jun,July hmmmmmmmm hate to say it..it really don't add up guy ether NL is given out rank that fast or some thing is really funny here.

Apr- Private to Lieutenant Colonel in 30days?
May-Colonel to 2-Star General 54days later?
Jun-3-Star General 64days later?
July-4-Star General 95days later?

How Hell You Make Rank; Soo Fast.
P.s We Are Not Fools Here Bud

Not calling you a Cheater. i really like to know how you made Rank all the way up to 4-Star General in 95days playing the game it should be harder as you go up in rank. way it shows you did it really easy.

Be leave me when i say i really trying not to call you anything but you got to say it really dose look a bet bad for you.

remark i got Calendar down off the wall and counted the numbers of days from start to ending date of your "Promotions-Click-Here see it"

Last edited by Hellfighter; 09-02-2003 at 01:35 AM.
Old 09-02-2003, 12:55 AM
Chief ADFP

like to know what this all about? "Stat Padding" its a 1st for me?

Stat Padding is a violation of the EULA. Players caught stat padding are subject to banning and having your player stats cleared.

1.) Is it cheat thing one dose.
2.) leeching onto their web page (link url) to your stats to show them off? is a bad thing?

Last edited by Hellfighter; 09-02-2003 at 01:33 AM.
Old 09-02-2003, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by chief-ADFP
OMG

how did you get that rank so fast?

only Login? Count 413x (play the game 413 times)
Made the Rank of: 4-Star General (17)
Minutes Played 19,501 (total time play the By Minutes)

etc etc...
As I humble noted in my startpost, I can be considered one of the better players. I own a 5 star degree at LW and also on TFD.
Both mainly aquired at A&D, but as I stated before, I like to play those kind of games

I want to point out again there are players that r twice as fast as I am. this regarding the so called upranking.
Check out the number one player MAVERICK@WAR© again and compare...
Mine aint that fast now is it?
So please do not say "U do not want to call me a cheat but I wonder how u get this high is such a short time". We have been there. Again I urge u to check the even better players that still are there...

Ow Yeah, this is the EULA,
I got it mailed, I've never found it on Nova, but I know its there...
RULES OF CONDUCT

1.0 RULES OF CONDUCT

THE FOLLOWING ARE THE BASIC RULES OF CONDUCT THAT GOVERN PLAYER INTERACTION AND ACTIVITY WITHIN NOVAWORLD AND IN THE OFFICIAL NOVAWORLD FORUMS. FAILURE TO ACT RESPONSIBLY AND COMPLY WITH THESE RULES WITHIN NOVAWORLD AND THE OFFICIAL NOVAWORLD FORUMS MAY RESULT IN THE TERMINATION OF YOUR ACCOUNT WITHOUT ANY REFUND OF ANY KIND.

1. You may not harass or threaten other players.
2. You may not use any sexually explicit, harmful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive language.
3. You may not impersonate any NovaLogic employee, including any Customer Support people.
4. You may not violate any local, state, national or international law or regulation.
5. You may not modify any part of the NovaWorld Client, Server or any part of NovaWorld Web Pages located at http://www.novaworld.com
6. You may not arrange for the exchange or transfer of any pirated or illegal software while on NovaWorld, the NovaWorld Web site, or the NovaLogic Web site.
7. You will follow the instructions of authorized personnel while on NovaWorld or on the Official NovaWorld Forums.
8. You may not organize nor be a member of any guilds or groups within NovaWorld that are based on, or espouse, any racist, sexist, anti-religious, anti-ethnic, anti-gay, or other hate-mongering philosophy.
9. You may not give false information or intentionally hide any information when registering for your NovaWorld account.
10. You will not upload or transmit to NovaWorld, or to the NovaWorld Web Site any copyrighted content that you do not own all rights to, unless you have the express written permission of the author or copyright holder.
11. You will not attempt to interfere with, hack into, or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running NovaWorld.
12. You will not exploit any bug on NovaWorld or in any games played on NovaWorld and you will not communicate the existence of any such exploitable bug (bugs that grant the user unnatural or unintended benefits in game), either directly or through public posting, to any other user of NovaWorld. You will promptly report any such bug via support@novalogic.com email address.
13. You will not attempt to play NovaWorld on any server that is not controlled or authorized by NovaLogic, or its designees.
14. You will not create, use or provide any server emulator or other site where NovaWorld games may be played, and you will not post or distribute any utilities, emulators or other software tools related to NovaWorld without the express written permission of NovaLogic, Inc.

2.0 GAMEPLAY POLICIES - ACTIVITY WITHIN NOVAWORLD
In addition to the general guidelines listed in section 1.0, players are also subject to these supplementary rules while playing on NovaWorld. While by no means an all-inclusive list of the do's and don'ts on NovaWorld, it provides a suitable foundation by which the player can determine what activities are appropriate:

1. You may not intentionally kill your own teammates.
2. You may not intentionally kill yourself in an effort to reduce your team's score.
3. You may not abuse and/or overuse the channels of communication and 'spam' messages to teammates or opponents.
4. You may not intentionally move flags into directions or locations that are in opposition to the goal of the game.
5. You may not attempt to confuse or mislead your teammates with incorrect waypoints, orders, or any other false information.
6. You may not disclose the position of your teammates to enemies or opponents within the game.
7. You may not attempt to Impersonate any NovaLogic employee or representative in any way.
8. You should observe common etiquette and play NovaWorld games in a sportsmanlike manner. For example: if a player runs a flag all the way from the front lines back to the base and is killed (dropping the flag) extremely close to the base -- if you are a teammate, you should give that player the opportunity to recover and finish returning that flag to the base, provided that the flag is in no imminent danger.

3.0 PLAYER NAMING POLICIES
Player names in NovaWorld should reflect the genre of the game. Original names are desired. The following types of names are unacceptable and are listed in order from the worst to the least offensive:

1. Vile, profane, rude, or racist names including common swear words, anatomical references, racial slurs, and homonyms of these words.
2. Combinations of words that produce an offensive result.
3. Names of religious, occult, or significant historic origin.
4. Copyrighted or trademarked names of products, characters, services, or concepts.
5. Non-fantasy names from popular media.
6. Common words and phrases that would not be found in the place and time setting of the game .
7. Proper names from NovaWorld.
8. The names of senior Customer Support Representatives or employees of NovaLogic.
9. Names chosen with the intent or possessed with the effect of harming the reputation of a player or Customer Service Representative.
10. Names that contain sentences, phrases, or more than two words.
11. Popular and easily recognized names from existing media.
12. Names where the combination of the first and last name form a phrase or violate a previous rule.
13. For all of the above, misspellings and alternative spellings of the word or words are also unacceptable.

So eat your hart out, I bet all off u did something that could be in one of these rules... (not necessarily by intend, just harmless unknowingly..)
Just think about it, U r next!!!
And u know what the ****ty part is?
We can't do a f**ing thing about it!

Last edited by Frootie ÐÐT; 09-02-2003 at 01:56 AM.
Old 09-02-2003, 02:14 AM
d3reddragon is offline d3reddragon

Send a message via AIM to d3reddragon Send a message via Yahoo to d3reddragon
Frootie ÐÐT Your saying your really good???Hmmm you wanna have a 1v1???See how good you really are...After that I will make a desion...And how long do you play??

I know I got this in one day of playing

Flag Games Level History

Date Level
Jun 19, 2003 1
Jun 19, 2003 2
Jun 19, 2003 3
Jun 19, 2003 4
Jun 19, 2003 5
Jun 19, 2003 6
Jun 19, 2003 7

but thats falg game lvl history not general...

My msn is ya_azim@msn.com mybe we could set up a 1v1...(also click my sig mybe post in forums if you cant concat my email)
Old 09-02-2003, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by FN_REDDDRAGON
Frootie ÐÐT Your saying your really good???Hmmm you wanna have a 1v1???See how good you really are...After that I will make a desion...And how long do you play??

I know I got this in one day of playing

Flag Games Level History

Date Level
Jun 19, 2003 1
Jun 19, 2003 2
Jun 19, 2003 3
Jun 19, 2003 4
Jun 19, 2003 5
Jun 19, 2003 6
Jun 19, 2003 7

but thats falg game lvl history not general...

My msn is ya_azim@msn.com mybe we could set up a 1v1...(also click my sig mybe post in forums if you cant concat my email)
Please point out where I say:" I am really good" ?!?
And no, I will not do a 1 on 1 with ya, I do not have to proof I am one of the better players, I've been there, seen it all, I just want to keep on playin...

And furthermore for your information, It is no big deal to raise from gamelevel 1 to lvl 12 in a day, so u made no impression at all.
Try raising 2 levels, say for instance level 30 and 31 in one day. Then we talk again and thx m8 for the moral support

Old 09-02-2003, 02:59 AM
Chief ADFP

Frootie ÐÐT
Can you still get into Public and password area of the game or is it all close off to you in DF: BHD? by bypassing the log-in screen page?
-------------------------------------------------
also did not see any listing of the word "Stat padding" in the rule's at all.

but read it 4x the rules you posted nothen at all on stat padding and what ever that is can't be good.

-------------------------------------------------
on the other hand there been times were i came close letting my big mouth loss on other players (Mostly Real cheater) who come in and kill the game off for me. i leave and take a SS of them.

Last edited by Hellfighter; 09-02-2003 at 03:12 AM.
Old 09-02-2003, 05:26 AM
katana*GFR* is offline katana*GFR*

Send a message via ICQ to katana*GFR* Send a message via MSN to katana*GFR*
I can step in for Frootie I have seen him playing more then a few occasions, Mostly he was on the other side But the times i was on the same side i could see what he did.
There was absolutely no sign off trainers or whatsoever.
Please believe him cuz its just the truth.
PS 19501 Minutes played = 325 Hours
95 days = 2280 Hours
2280 divided by 325 is a average of 7,015... ( more numbers there) Hours per day!!!!

I dont think its so hard to believe when you do some math at the days and times.

I think that his average play hours a day explain why he is 4-Star General.

Found on Youtube:
Quote:
And if Newton Faulkner's voice can be described as "R&B" then Kurt Cobain must be a member of Boyz II Men.
Link here
Old 09-02-2003, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Frootie ÐÐT
Can you still get into Public and password area of the game or is it all close off to you in DF: BHD? by bypassing the log-in screen page?
Yes, I can still login, My account is not disabled, just my prime character is. Only thing changed now is that I will get this notice as soon as I login:

One or more characters owned by this account has been banned from playing NovaWorld stat games because of activity that is in violation of the user agreement. Send any questions to customer support at ban@novaworld.com. (Code 650)

This also happens after chaging to another of my 4 characters, I keep getting the message,

I wonder why they still have not e-mailed me the exact reason why...

Quote:
also did not see any listing of the word "Stat padding" in the rule's at all.

but read it 4x the rules you posted nothen at all on stat padding and what ever that is can't be good.
Me too never found a direct link to what Statpadding is or is not. Allthough i am convinced as where it involves enrichment of your character using an agreement with another player and you are the sole beneficiary, yes, its save to say its Statpadding

My second wonder is why don't they publish these rules?

Quote:
on the other hand there been times were i came close letting my big mouth loss on other players (Mostly Real cheater) who come in and kill the game off for me. i leave and take a SS of them.
I did the same thing, in numerous occasions and I mailed it to them, with all the data needed, I have been there too.

My third wonder is why they still have not answered my two e-mails?
I hear (around me) they are quite fast in replying, but not to me, they are not. It makes me wonder if they have to investigate it themselves and are busy trying to dig up the (falsesly or yet to be sticked together) evidence to present to me as what I supposedly should have done wrong.

I will be back to inform you about the outcome..

Ow, I almost forgot, I s there a lawyer reading this?
Any chance for me to sue these guys of malpractise and loss of joy and gameplay?
Is there a possibility to sue/accusse these gamemakers for taking away my joy, are they the only ones with rights in these games? What about my rights?
And yet not to be silent about the screenshots that they will be presenting as the reason why I was suspended

Old 09-02-2003, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by katana*GFR*
I can step in for Frootie I have seen him playing more then a few occasions, Mostly he was on the other side But the times i was on the same side i could see what he did.
There was absolutely no sign off trainers or whatsoever.
Please believe him cuz its just the truth.
PS 19501 Minutes played = 325 Hours
95 days = 2280 Hours
2280 divided by 325 is a average of 7,015... ( more numbers there) Hours per day!!!!

I dont think its so hard to believe when you do some math at the days and times.

I think that his average play hours a day explain why he is 4-Star General.
thank you so much for your reply Katana, It is nice to see players can vouch for me.

I saw u made an error in your calculation
Day 1 is April the 1st and the last day of ranking was July the 13th it makes a total of 94 days: 30+31+30+13 =94
Just devide my minutes of playing to hours it wil be 19501/60=325.016 hours. so if u want to know how many hours a day I played, just devide the 94 days with 325.016 hours. It will make up a total of 3.457 hours of joy as day
But beware, there are days I cant play at all, so I have days I play twice the time, hihi

Old 09-02-2003, 06:51 AM
katana*GFR* is offline katana*GFR*

Send a message via ICQ to katana*GFR* Send a message via MSN to katana*GFR*
lol ok.. i did the days multiply by 24 and then the total amount of hours divided by the 325 hours

Found on Youtube:
Quote:
And if Newton Faulkner's voice can be described as "R&B" then Kurt Cobain must be a member of Boyz II Men.
Link here
Old 09-02-2003, 03:53 PM
Chief ADFP

NL has now said why you (Frootie ÐÐT) was Banned this is the reason for it:

------------Reply from a E-Mail, I got from them below---------
Footie was banned for violating the Rules Of Conduct, Article 2, Rule 3.
3. You may not abuse and/or overuse the channels of communication and 'spam' messages to teammates or opponents.

Novalogic Technical Support, Mike
Novalogic Inc.
support@novalogic.com
Please quote all previous correspondence

-----------------------End of the E-Mail----------------------------

you have to go buy a new Cd to get back into the game guy. sorry they have banned you for good, think as it a fine you have to pay to play the game again in NW host area.
(Stats area) and hopefully a host dose not have NW log-in enable on.

you should be able to play in public,password area still.
use the "by pass log-in" to go to other area's of the game.and hopefully a host dose not have NW log-in enable on.

2.0 GAMEPLAY POLICIES - ACTIVITY WITHIN NOVAWORLD
In addition to the general guidelines listed in section 1.0, players are also subject to these supplementary rules while playing on NovaWorld. While by no means an all-inclusive list of the do's and don'ts on NovaWorld, it provides a suitable foundation by which the player can determine what activities are appropriate:

1. You may not intentionally kill your own teammates.
2. You may not intentionally kill yourself in an effort to reduce your team's score.
4. You may not intentionally move flags into directions or locations that are in opposition to the goal of the game.
5. You may not attempt to confuse or mislead your teammates with incorrect waypoints, orders, or any other false information.
6. You may not disclose the position of your teammates to enemies or opponents within the game.
7. You may not attempt to Impersonate any NovaLogic employee or representative in any way.
8. You should observe common etiquette and play NovaWorld games in a sportsmanlike manner. For example: if a player runs a flag all the way from the front lines back to the base and is killed (dropping the flag) extremely close to the base -- if you are a teammate, you should give that player the opportunity to recover and finish returning that flag to the base, provided that the flag is in no imminent danger.

Last edited by Hellfighter; 09-02-2003 at 04:18 PM.
Old 09-02-2003, 04:32 PM

The Full story:

Sent: Saturday, August 30, 2003 12:17 AM
To: 'ban@novaworld.com'
Cc: ÐÐT Staff
Subject: Dear Novaworld

It seems my Character has been banned for a reason not clear to me.

All I do is try to play fair, all I try is to tell others I will not make agreements with the other team because of the EULA.
I have never seen these rules but for the obvious reasons they are clear to me.
Ever since u made this rule active I have acted to what it stands for.
The only reason I can think of why u suspended me is because of what happened yesterday:
I was playing in S&D ranger 5 all the players ( 8 in piece) asked for Knife only game,
I did not want to do it and I kept shooting as I saw them on sight.
Snake Pliskin of UKO or known in game as Š plï§ken «UKØ» can tell u it’s the truth, his site is: http://uko.dfbhd.org.uk/
After 3 or 4 maps, they kept insisting and they all stated that Knife only was not in violation of EULA.
All they said was something about snipers killing some1 and then another 1 revived him and that went over and over again…
This knifing was not stat padding. So finally I agreed to them to c what happens. We lasted to do it for 1-2 maps, then others came in and started shooting, so the knife only was over pretty soon. Are you trying to measure my efforts of playing to these 1-2 maps?
I have played DF2, DF:LW, DF:TFD and now play BHD. Always tried to play as fair as I could. Now I am being punished for something I was not aware off. Not even a warning. I have mailed u about numerous cheaters, included screenshots time, server and all the data you wanted, I provided it to you.

Please, I never meant to harm this game anyway. As for being banned I cannot find out what I did wrong today (to my knowledge I played all fair)
As such I think it is not fair that bad players (read cheaters) still can rule the game as where I played always to the fairest way possibly I can do.

Please I urge and plea to you to reconsider my suspension.

With best regards,

Frootie ÐÐT
Staff leader of ÐÐT
www.ddthq.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2003 4:33 PM
To: leiding@ddthq.com
Subject: RE: Dear Novaworld, about my Suspension

Stat Padding - Performing operations within the game that ignore and/or bypass the rules and/or spirit of the game, yielding in an increase in your persistent online player statistics. Stat Padding can involve [but is not limited to] Co-oping, Lagging, and Glitching. Stat Padding within NovaWorld stat games is strictly prohibited.

Co-oping - Ignoring the rules of game by working with, or cooperating with, the enemy player or team. Co-oping usually done to yield in mutual advancement of experience points for each player on each team. An example of Co-oping might be having you and a team mate go off to the end of the game map along with an enemy team mate. The enemy then proceeds to shoot your player, then your teammate would heal you [with a med kit] then the cycle is repeated. This would yield in the enemy getting a high shoot/kill/accuracy rate while the teammate would get high medic points. The same situation could work with flag carriers. Co-oping within NovaWorld stat games is strictly prohibited.

Lagging - Intentionally causing game lag by any means, including [but not limited to] external utilities, modifying the game itself, tampering with the network operation by delaying or losing network packets, by overloading the system by launching many particle weapons [such as smoke grenades, bombs, or satchels] within close proximity of themselves, or by initiating a cascade effect that can predictably yield in slower game frame rates on other players machines or increases the time intervals between updates on objects or events in the game [such as your true location, etc]. Lagging within NovaWorld stat games is strictly prohibited.

Glitching - To coerce your player into warping, jumping, bouncing, crawling, swimming, flying, or falling into a new place that would otherwise be not accessible to you or take a longer time by another course, by going to a specific location or locations in a mission, placing down objects, firing specific weapons, and/or any combination of these. An example of this would be to go into a room with a low ceiling, like an armory, and do a cartwheel. Your players foot would collide with the ceiling causing the player to warp to the top of the armory. Glitching within NovaWorld stat games is strictly prohibited.

Novalogic Inc.
support@novalogic.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2003 8:55 AM
To: Support email

Dear Mike,

Thank you very much, for some1 of Novalogic is finally responding to my mail.
However I do not ask u to send me the rules of explanation.

I would like you to show me the proof of why I have been suspended.

Sincerely,

Frootie ÐDT

Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2003 8:30 PM
To: leiding@ddthq.com

Our Sysop witnessed your character "Frootie ÐDT" spamming the channel of communications with ASCII characters and your squads web address during gameplay. Thus ruining the experience of the other players in the game.

The Rules of Conduct state in Article 2.0 GAMEPLAY POLICIES, rule 3 "You may not abuse and/or overuse the channels of communication and 'spam' messages to teammates or opponents."
The character has been banned.
Novalogic Inc.
support@novalogic.com

Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2003 10:37 PM
To: 'Support email'

Dear Mike,

It is correct and I am not writing to you to deny this because it is the truth.
The truth also is I did this once and even so your Sysop noticed it, it really did happen this once.

I wonder where it can be measured as whether I abused or overused the channel thus ruining the other players in the game.
During my so called spamming there was only one person talking at that time and it was FroGGo and he addressed it to me

Question(-s):

Has there been an investigation to the other players present at that time if they felt offended?
Has it been asked whether they feel offended or me having ruined their gameplay etcetera?
Does this mean I cannot promote my site as a Delta Force squad in game?
Is this worth a straight forward suspension not even a warning that this kind of so called “ Fun talking “ is forbidden?

Since u did not provide me any evidence in a form of a Screenshot, It happens to be I made one myself for it occurred once and never will be again.

I hereby ask u if it is possible to undo my suspension as where I will swear to the love of God I will never do this again…

Sincerely,

Frootie ÐÐT

NB: Even if u will not undo my suspension, I would like to have some answers to my Questions.

Just a warning to all of you!

Last edited by Frootie ÐÐT; 09-02-2003 at 04:38 PM.
Old 09-02-2003, 04:41 PM

Quote:
you have to go buy a new Cd to get back into the game guy. sorry they have banned you for good, think as it a fine you have to pay to play the game again in NW host area.
(Stats area) and hopefully a host dose not have NW log-in enable on.

you should be able to play in public,password area still.
use the "by pass log-in" to go to other area's of the game.and hopefully a host dose not have NW log-in enable on.
I still have three (3) charachters to my dispossal to play the game.

The suspension is only set to my prime playing character.
Beware: I will be back!!!

I want to express my special thanks to those who have reacted in a positvie way. I also like to thank all of u who mailed me about the mayhem that came over me.
Thank u all, and offcourse the Chief inhere! (y)

Old 09-02-2003, 04:56 PM
Chief ADFP

why did you had to put all that extra text into it?? fill up the screen with all that text, you should have only say your squad web-site then that would have been then end of it.and may be a bet info to that guy but you added in \__/¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\ /¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\__/ all this was not needed guy but have to say you should not have been banned for this only warn and punted out for it may be, But NL & NW have the last word in it.

will you live and learn from it right. you always can startup a new chartar maybe "€ ƒròótie2 ÐÐT" temp till that old chartar is not listed any more.
Old 09-02-2003, 04:59 PM

Yes I agree,

I made it the same day and tried it out on my own PC, It looked funny as I stated, A bomd like text, just for fun, not to intend any harm with it...

FYI: The picture is my own, It is my Screenshot taken, nto the evidence provided by Novalogic, just to inform you...

Old 09-02-2003, 07:12 PM
Matt is offline Matt

Administrator

Send a message via MSN to Matt
chief how about you dont worry about it bro, as far as i can see frootie didnt do anything wrong. he advertised his squad site, whoopdy doo.

on a side note, i own both frootie and red dragon

Click here for the official member status images!

Quote:
Originally posted by Panther
For your sence of free speech, we will control how much you have here .
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
fak i clicked it to lol.

the message "this will disable it" should have been put before

sorry
Old 09-02-2003, 09:04 PM
Chief ADFP

Quote:
Originally posted by Frootie ÐÐT
Yes I agree,

I made it the same day and tried it out on my own PC, It looked funny as I stated, A bomd like text, just for fun, not to intend any harm with it...

FYI: The picture is my own, It is my Screenshot taken, nto the evidence provided by Novalogic, just to inform you...
yea ok agreed with you on that. will see you in the playing field some time guy, sorry for the headack you got.
Closed Thread