Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 04-11-2008, 07:33 PM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
same here Blood..
Old 04-11-2008, 08:45 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Yeah sometimes if someone shoots at you and you play dead, it's likely they're just gonna shoot you at you a few times even when you're dead (it's just common sense).

Sometimes they won't though. Or hell, before they even encounter you, then play dead - don't do it while you're in a fight with them.
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 04-12-2008, 12:20 PM
Bloodbath (CUB) is offline Bloodbath (CUB)

and if you do it in a quiet game - hardly any killing - and you just randomly drop dead, they'll probably check to see who killed them and because thers no one that did...they'l kill you anyway!

also if thers a pile of dead bodies, i just lie in them and knife anyone who comes past. except the bodies dont stay there long lol.
Old 04-12-2008, 03:28 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Oh yeah, and do you notice in games when you kill somebody and they stay dead for a long time and don't respawn? A little trick for them to analyze what you're doing - so don't lay any clays or anything next to their dead body as they might notice it.
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 04-12-2008, 03:34 PM
IcIshoot is offline IcIshoot

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
or, as some of my guys do - when they are medded they lay dead, watching the team run by...

then they respawn and attack from behind - so always keep an eye on the body
Old 04-12-2008, 04:10 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Quote:
Originally posted by Chrispy
In DF1 and DF2 you could go near a building and turn 3rd person on and actually see through the building without getting through it. Great tactic but I'm not sure if it would be classified as cheating. Never really done it before online, anyway.

Hell, you know the "Play Dead" trick in BHD? You can use that to trick ya enemies. I'm sure I've used it a few times, hehe.
I don't think one can aim in 3rd person view, so the asker would be no not cheating.

if one was laying low on the ground in some bush to say and could not see through it, in 3rd person view they can look above it, but i don't think in 3rd person view one can aim using that option in the game. its a nice trick to see if any one coming in your direction so you take steps when they come in range, then jump out shot them. many do this.

some think a person is using x-ray (not always the case) and standing at a wall watching other, but they are using the 3rd person view looking over the wall watching the action in the kill-zone.

when you see some one running into walls like crazy! its a good chance they are using some type of x-ray cheat, they don't see walls and some buildings. but in 3rd person view they be getting ready by a wall or building like chrisp stated.

really don't think one can aim in 3rd person view is in use, in any of DF: serials or JOTR for that matter, you can on the other hand shot wild and through grenades wild
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 04-12-2008 at 04:17 PM.
Old 04-12-2008, 04:17 PM
IcIshoot is offline IcIshoot

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
you can aim in 3rd person view - The center of your screen is where your cursor is - whether in 1st person or 3rd person.

In fact, I heard of 1 person putting a dot right at the center, thus always able to aim

Granted, it is harder
Old 04-12-2008, 04:21 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
you could use a marker place a dot on the monitor, were the crosshair be at lol

if it a glass tube type monitor it could be done, but a plastic sheet monitor screen? would not try that lmfao
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 04-12-2008, 04:37 PM
ShArP is offline ShArP

Send a message via ICQ to ShArP Send a message via AIM to ShArP Send a message via MSN to ShArP
there is a F4 mod or something like that, that will give you cross airs if you air in F4 mode