Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 06-05-2003, 08:35 AM
tuffstuff7 is offline tuffstuff7

console commands

hi what are some of the basic console commands for BHD
first and for most FPS on and off?
i have been into several games and am surprised that no one even knows what this ?
is there a site for the console commands? the fps one is very important to me to view wether it is the game or some of the custom maps ........because anything volumemetric like consistant smoke, fire, explosions and dense fog can drop your fps and well i would like to get to know some good servers and realize wether it is the connection.
i was in one custom map that well was pretty good, but between the fog so thick and vastness of the map and tiles it was like you just staggered and the ping seemed to be fine;
any helpers?
Old 06-05-2003, 09:42 AM
Nev is offline Nev

Send a message via ICQ to Nev
i don't know about console commands (except maybe punt, ban)
my advice: don't be so fixated on the exact number of fps you get. the game runs either good, little bit choppy, or bad ( depending on stuff on the screen)

i've played some maps with a lot of trees and stuff, and you really don't need to know your exact fps here and there.

if the whole game runs bad, it's the map, if only the players you see on the screen seem to have "low fps", then it's the connection
Old 06-05-2003, 10:00 AM

thanks for the reply and yes what you said is true and no offense but yes i now how to tell the difference between fps loss and "lag" which in itself is a relevant term........but i still would like to know the fps of the game when you have $600 tied up in vid and sound cards you sometimes might like to know how well it performs in a type of game ......at least i do i know in some games the command is fps 1 for on and 0 for off ty for you reply NEV if you run across a site plz post lol kinda interseted in the console commands
ty
tuff
Old 06-05-2003, 11:50 AM
Reece is offline Reece

Send a message via ICQ to Reece
if you want to see your fps you can try http://www.fraps.com
Old 06-05-2003, 03:38 PM

so i take it that with BHD there is not console command to bring up a fps point on the screen for example in mohaa opne the console type in fsp 1 does it cfse crtl + z does it and it is dispplayed along with other items on the hud much like the ping tracer here in bhd ////oh well thanks for the site though the screen shot deal is interesting i am gonna look at it at least for that .........so still no site for console commands ............arrrrrrrg i'ma gonna have alook see sum mo! lol
thanks
Old 06-05-2003, 05:40 PM

Reece i checked out the program
and going by other games that have thier own console command there is about a 20% difference slower thatn what the actual game is saying but that in a sense is a good thing i am tyring to get into this map making and keeping you fps in mind when making a map is a big thing the highest mine read on BHD using this program was 78 fps and in mohaa was 198 where mohaa said 228.9 but the otrher functions have endless possibilities thanks for the link
Old 06-05-2003, 06:23 PM
Nev is offline Nev

Send a message via ICQ to Nev
also thx for the link! this thingy looks interesting

smartass sidenote: more fps than the vertical frequency of your screen is completely useless

ps tuffstuff: sorry if it kinda looked like i was thinking you're dumb or something, that wasnt my intention
Old 06-05-2003, 07:48 PM

oh no i did not take that way and this is true beyond a certian point any fps is useless like anything abouve 85 hertz refresh rate cannot really be seen
i am just trying to learn this map making style versus Q3 radiant and when doing that fps is a must if you have low fps in single then in a multi situation it can cause probs and things i have noticed that z-fighitng is not a big issue here like in Q3 so that is a good thing but if u like a game learn alot about it as i am truly horrible at this one lol but its fun
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee