View Single Post
Old 09-18-2015, 10:23 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacKSmurF View Post
I am all for cussing and smack talking once in a game, but I'm disappointed the FB group's public description uses profanity and references tea bagging... Not exactly the most professional thing to be associated with. (Like it or not, employers and colleagues Facebook stalk everyone).

Edit: Can you give a link to the DF1 group? I can only find the DF2 group when I look.

Also, I am in absolute shock, but DFX2 has 35,841 likes on Facebook. It must have sold way more copies than I'd ever imagined... they used almost no new assets, same engine, etc. so their profit margin must've been enormous on every unit sold. Being generous and assuming one in five people that bought the game Liked it on Facebook, sales would be at 179,205, yielding a gross revenue of $3,584,100 (assuming everyone purchased at $20/copy).

There is no way that's right... DFX1 has under 5k likes, and DFX2's marketing was abysmal... did many people even play that game? I know they found it in Osama Bin Laden's house during the raid. Sorry to go off on a tangent...
Can't help the group message on Facebook . I'm not an admin there. But the DF1 group is here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/dfworld/

DFX2 probably did sell a lot of copies because at the time everyone was clamoring for a new NL game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonS View Post
I also cannot run DF1 fullscreen without a huge Windows10 task bar (with the _ Square and X) at the top. It's huge because its like a 640x480 window. Can't seem to get rid of it with Alt + Enter etc..
Have you tried all the compatibility and color settings from right clicking on the exe? Did you find the "non-steam" version of DF1 or something?

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq

Last edited by Scott; 03-02-2017 at 04:31 PM.