View Single Post
Old 04-11-2005, 05:28 PM
Mr. T is offline Mr. T

Unlike some other parts of your body, "they say" that your lungs can do some self-rapair and any time you quit smoking, it's for the better. Right now it sounds like you're replacing the habit of putting the ciggy in your mouth with the habit of putting food in your mouth. I used to fake smoking (during the quitting fight) with deep inhalation (like after drawing on a smoke), after a fake draw. Sounds stupid, I know, but in this fight to quit, every little thing that helps is good. Do it when no one is looking.

I quit twice. The first time was for 3 years and I foolishly decided to have "one" smoke. Bingo, another five years down the drain. The second time I quit, I also went on a diet. I vowed to lose 20 pounds and quit smoking. I ate a ton of chicken (and still do), got into lifting weights and riding my bicycle. Now I'm smoke free for 20 years.

Whatever you do, don't give up, and start thinking about losing weight. Being fat is almost as bad as smoking. Right now it's just a new habit you're developing - pounding down the food. Break that one too and you're home free.