Thread: Hosting JO
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2007, 01:27 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Quote:
Originally posted by swamprat1
Hey I have it, the IP on the router was messed up, runs fine now thanks, On nova as swamps game!
good to hear that.

please you only need to make one thread! no need to make more then one thread on the same subject ok

[merge threads]

Quote:
Originally posted by dflwcat
I host a game and My kids want toplay in my server on the other computer does any one know how to do that
tell us what hardware you have ok

you talking about trying to play LAN game with other system in your home?

have you every setup them computer's to work together to play game with each other before? or you already have them LAN ready all the hardware that is needed to plug them together.

basic
computer one LAN cable
> Hob cable connect to>
another LAN cable connect to 2nd computer

basic the hop is a data transfer unit transfer data from one computer to the next computer.

i dead tire right now the hop i talking about is a network brig

stay away from wireless the data is really slower then a cable connection would be.

1. D-Link / DGL-4100 / 4-Port / Cable/DSL / Gigabit / Gaming Router
Stay competitive in your on-line games with D-Link’s new cutting-edge GamerLounge Broadband Gigabit Gaming Router, powered by GameFuel Priority Technol

Source: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...3272&CatId=198

now i not saying to get this at all, it is what i was looking at for my self!

i have 2-computer in my home was thinking of hooking them up together LAN connection and was told something like this would work for me, anyways you need a bridge to connect them together using a lan cable. each computer would need one cable for each of them to connect to a bridge between the two of them, so data can be share with each of them besides using a printer for both of them as will playing games with each other together as will.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 01-30-2007 at 02:03 AM.