View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 05:17 AM
Stephen is offline Stephen
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Stephen Send a message via AIM to Stephen Send a message via Yahoo to Stephen
Rifles
M-14
M-4/M-16
6.5mm mauser

Pistols
10mm
.357 sig

The M-14 is one nasty multi use weapon. the military uses them now as light weight semi auto sniper rifles for a very accurate powerful effect.

M-4/M-16 is not the best assualt rifle by far but Ive used one in almost every fight Ive been in Iraq. They take more care and cleaning than most assualt rifles but I wouldn't trade it for anything. Ive never had it jam in a fight and have been able to put 100's of rounds through it without worry of over heating. It will go through kevlar like butter and cenderblock walls easy. And the rounds are small enough that a full combat load does not weight much.

6.5mm mauser is a bolt action rifle Ive used for hunting since I was a little boy. While rounds are hard to come by I started to reload my own and put heavy powder loads in my hunting shells. Its a fairly flat shooting round and can punch through brush good enough for hunting White tail deer.

I can't say enough good things about my 10mm pistol. Not only does it have more power than a .45 it has the percing power of a Magnum. The recoil is between a .45 and a .357 mag. The FBI used the 10mm for awhile but found that not all of their agents could handle the power and recoil of the weapon. I own a Delta Elite 10mm by colt its a 1911 model and has adjustable trigger squeeze as well as combat night sights. rounds are pricey but I wouldn't trade this pistol for anything else as a carry.

The .45 is a legendary pistol that has more history behind it than any other. I currently have four .45's a H&K USP Tactical, A Para full size 1911, a Kimber Combat and a Para Compact. They are cheap to shoot and I love taking them to the range when I home.

.357 SIG is a fairly new round that is a necked down version of the .357 mag so it can be loaded in mags for a Semi Auto. The one I have is not really designed for anything but target shooting but would be a nasty round for home defense aswell. Sadly I really don't know much about this round as I got it before I left for Iraq and have not been able to shoot it but a few times.

For ammo in home defense I used
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Talon
but now you can't get it and I use regular Hollow Points

"If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning: just as, if there were no light in the universe and therefore no creatures with eyes, we should never know it was dark. Dark would be without meaning."
-- C.S. Lewis

Last edited by Stephen; 09-15-2009 at 05:32 AM.