View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 02:52 AM
MERMITE is offline MERMITE

Observations I have made of the weapons I have had to ENDURE over the years I have been permitted to fire and or own.
THE WORST WEAPON A 000 OUTTA 100, the STEN, first built of bicycle parts during WW2, a 9mm blow back, lucky for the brits they exported them to the french allies, range about 8 feet and just a lethal to the target as to the operator, you have only to drop this thing and it will fire an ENTIRE mag off by the time you hit the deck.

WORST HUNTING RIFLE: US army MI carbine WW2 issue, my dads old pig shooter for years I thought I was a bad shot as I only hunted with the M1, beautiful workmanship,
possibly the best balanced rifle ever, but the barrel was to short for what I needed, just didn't have the HUMF THUD for an instant kill

WORST HUNTING RIFLE 2 Masterkey m4, like many semi military weapons these are really way to light, both in calibre and weapon weight, 5.62 cal if I remember, so to big for snakes and way to light for crocs, gut shoot a human they may bleed to death in about 45 minutes of agony, not much penertation of kevlar either, popular with cops

BEST HANDGUN, I hate pistols, but I've had my 1911-a1 since I was 21, and saved my life many times, twice I've put baddies down with it, and wasn't even loaded, I think they are known as a Govt. 45 in the states, once someone stole my car from a bar
I fired at about 150' right thru the engine block, stopped the car dead, left the theif talking to my friends cattle dogs, .45 calbre is a big bullet and this is the machine you use to launch that bullet