Thread: [DFBHD] Baldo's New M60 Sight
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2022, 08:53 PM
Oscarmike247 is offline Oscarmike247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldo_the_Don View Post
Under laboratory conditions (0 error, 0 recoil, 0 stability) on a suboptimal map (TD - Airstrip — 1000m fog and telephone poles for targets) and using the four Scorch0X.tga replacements you see in one of the screenshots above, I can get good testing done on these BDCs in the SFOD mod. I'd love to whip up a testing range in the MEd, but I can't get the MEd to start in the SFOD mod on my crate, and just thinking about troubleshooting that exhausts me, so I make do with less.
I have the same issue with the MED with my MOD. I've found that if I temporarily move the weapon.def from my game directory, I can open the MED with no issues. then replace the weapon.def after you open the MED and it works.

I'm still trying to figure it out. I think it has something to do with the total size of all the new 3DI files fetched by the weapon.DEF. if I comment out all of the 3DI references in the weapon.DEF it will allow the MED to open. This is easy to do with a simple 'find and replace all' in notepad.

Now I just want to figure out if it is any one single 3DI causing the crash, or if it is the size of them all together as someone has suggested to me.