View Single Post
Old 09-27-2003, 04:32 PM
JimDirt is offline JimDirt

Send a message via ICQ to JimDirt
Im sorry but i dont believe a word of it! the ONLY way to stop cheaters is to monitor the servers and have 24/7 tech support ,so the "valued players" can reach a tech person while the cheat is in the server and have him removed, since 99% of cheaters are in the servers "after hours and weekends" ,there is no excuse for not hiring extra employees or allowing overtime to the techs that WANT to help us stop these losers that ruin the game for the honest players, ,Bottom line is Nova has not bent over backwards to help stop cheating , and has poor at best tech support , i myself have sent upwards of 75+ emails to tech support and have recieved less than 10 replies ,none of which solved any issue i was having ,they were generic replies none of which specificly addresses any info i had provided, .all Nova has done is distance itself farther from its customers ,and allowed cheaters easier access to our names, as well as names we have used since we started playing are being taken by other players because they are not recognized as OUR name since they are hexed, ,i cant even access the Nova forum's or downloads because i have 2 names left in my account that are hexed that i will not give up , it is my right to have those names the font is in ALL versions of Windows ,so should be considered "standard font" it is just another way large Co.s with executives that dont play any of the games practice their high $$$$ power , it is NOT what the Nova community wants or asked for , it is Not in our best interest, the only interest we have is Nova spending some time listening to their customers, and stop taking away our indivduality and lessening our gaming experience, and using the recources they already have to help us , instead of fattening their pockets , with websites and promotions that we dont want or could care less about ,, the old website was fine with the exception of , support , since all anyone ever gets from "ask support" is a generic reply that never answers the question you submitted, i have spoken with njumorus tech support people (i will not state their names since i dont want them to loose their jobs for trying to help us) but i have been told quite a few times by tech support that their hands are tied and they WANT to work overtime , and they WANT extra help from other or new employees to help monitor the servers and help rid them of cheats , but their voices remain silenced by the top execs that override or will not respond to their suggestions on what the players want and need or what they think would help us with minimal cost or effort from Nova itself, all those things are easily attainable ,and wont be implimented because the person or persons that make these decisions are not affected by these things since they do not play , or spend countless hours ,being annoyed by these isues ,as we do ,day in and day out , the weekends are the worst ,since no one is monitoring anything , and the cheats are able to roam free and wreak havoc in every server for hours at a time , ruining the honest and devoted players gaming experience , making them more likely to go to other game vendors whom will most likely ,do updates at least every 3 months, to help with hacks and trainer issues, to have support available to cutomers 24/7 , and have tech support that not only answer emails ,but try to solve the specific issue ,instead of sending a generic reply and going no further,, i have asked Nova techs if they have recieved my emails, they tell me they are looking at all of them as we speak , yet all but a few have remained to this day unanswered, i think it would be in Novas best interest to "listen to the player " instead of some analist that thinks this is how things should be addressed to best suit Novas behalf , what happened to "the cutomer is always right"? for that matter what happened to the customer at all , it seems we are the only ones being affected by all this , and i personally have spoken with quite a few of current Nova players that have said they are tired of Novas lack of care toward their customers and are going to quit buying any Nova product ,since they dont stand behind what they sell! now mind you those are not my replies , but i am begining to believe that it also might be the only way to open Nova's eyes to what it has and has not done for its customers, , i was told that the $40 i spent on each game i have (DF1 DF2 DFLW DFTFD DFBHD )only had support for "single player" that multiplaying is a "bonus" that Nova is giving its customers for free!! and therefore is not supported ,and is only provided as a help to Nova customers(this was told to me by a Nova Tech on the phone just a few days ago) well i am sorry , but if i paid $40 for a game then i expect to get complete support for any issues with it ,including multiplayer issues, mission editors,compatability issues and single player as well as server and cheat issues ,if it is sold as part of the game ,then all aspects of it should be under those guidelines , i am not here to dis Nova , i am merely stating that it needs to listen to its customers ,and open its eyes to its customers instad of turning its back on them ,before it starts loosing most of them to other game makers who will support their customers with the devotion that its customers have given towards their products ! its only fair!!!