Thread: God or No god?
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2003, 11:18 PM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
Evidence basis for the existence of God versus Big Bang theorem is maddness.
Big Bang: Where did the stuff that made that come from?
versus
God and Creation: Who made God?

Both camps have no evidence or retort ofr the final accusatory response.

In terms of aesthetic beauty. Many natural things offer a sense of wonder. Many things offer a sense of revulsion too. Emotional response to beauty and ugliness represents a survivalist response and nothing more.
Granted The Lord God may well have been the creationist force behind the emotional response. You look at Poo Poo and think ugh!! We know that it is dangerous and full of germs that might kill you. It is not that knowledge that makes us go Ugh! though, it is an in herent response. Evolutionist would suggest it has developed over years of faulty genones dieing off through eating poo, creationsts would suggest that God made sure we would eat nice things for our own good.

Saying there must be a God because the sunset looks pretty is rather daft.
I would suggest you can theorise that there is an emotional response that feels so good it borders on your spiritual feelings and perhaps God put it there to ensure you marvelled at His creation.
It does not however offer any evidence of an entity called God, Allah or Christ.

I look at a sunset and am glad I was there to see it. I smile to myself and look for others to share in my experience.
Doesnt mean I have to attribute it to a religious experience.

The argument that trillions of cells dont just happen though I DO agree with.
It happened over millions of years, of slow evolution, step by tentative step. Our scientists have recreated the starting point of all this life and have been able to prove how it works and what happens to cause life.

You are right. A multicellular conciouslife form cannot POSSIBLY just happen.
I mean to say, the thought that a human being can just suddenly come into existence out of nothing.
Next people would be saying that a sentient intelligence magiked the universe out of thin air!!!!

Some fine passions in this thread, but fundamentaly flawed debate I feel.
Shame.