View Single Post
Old 07-16-2004, 07:21 AM
SFR-LiquidFX is offline SFR-LiquidFX

Send a message via Yahoo to SFR-LiquidFX
Bebop, yeah slackware is definitely not for me either. Your Lilo issue on 'drake though is odd. I've been using 'drake for years and never had a problem with it (well not with Lilo anyway). BTW that other bootloader is called Grub. I personally prefer Lilo but whatever works.

Chief, while those may be the min req's for 2k3. I challenge anybody to effectively in a production environment run it on those min req's. Now on the other hand, Linux will run fine on that. You can do anything on Linux that you can do on winblows. And if there is a program that you absolutely have to have on linux, that's what WINE or WINEX is for. MusicMatch Jukebox....i run it...Paint Shop Pro, i've run it....NeoTrace, got it....that's just a couple but ya see my point. And to be totally honest, Linux is not really that young compared to windows......Windows came about in what? 1988? (correct me if i am wrong but i am close)..Linux in 1991. Does it have a long way to go? Hell YES it does. But so does windows. I'd say you should definitely give it a try and see what it's really like instead of going from what you have heard. you might be surprised.