View Single Post
Old 08-14-2002, 06:47 AM
Cathar is offline Cathar

Send a message via ICQ to Cathar
I've had a look at DF3.net, which I don't bother with alot mainly cos every forum is a flame forum in my opinion. What they have done doesn't seem like a bad idea, all they've done is said that cheats can post under there actual tag's instead of postin under different identities. The rules are still in place, and if they do post any links to trainers, or anything like that, they will be banned.

Also I should add that Marcus Beer has posted about it, saying that he supports the sites desicion, and has also said that he personally condems cheaters.

They have made some reasonable suggestions about the game, and so have some of the less stupid people who post on the DF3.net. May as well give them a chance, and if they start getting abusive for no reason, or start posting links, they get banned again, its a lose - lose situation for them if they do it.

I'm not saying I support cheaters, but most of what goes on at DF3.net is flaming of cheaters, so should they not have a say, also you may learn some stuff about the games, and if nova took advantage of it, they may find some cheaters may be willing to help them improve the game, and make it more cheat proof.

I expect I'll get some people having a go at me about this view, but then again this is my opinion, and with freedom of speech an all I get to express it.

Cathar

Quote:
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - General George Patton (1885-1945)