View Single Post
Old 05-17-2017, 10:46 PM
meeshu is offline meeshu

Sad

Thanks for the comments and for the links!

I'll look at downloading the no CD version of DFTFD later (I'm on a slow dial-up connection, and the download would take nearly one day!!).

I've installed the no CD check patch and now DFTFD seems to run fine (so far) under Windows 7 32 bit!

All though this "work-around" (patch) seems to work, it is not clear as to why DFTFD failed to find the installation disk to begin with?

On browsing the internet, it seems that there are/were several possibilities why the installation disk might not be found; some possibilities -

> optical drive for running DFTFD is not the same as the drive used to install game
> anti-malware or some other program running in background causing interference
> disk copying software installed and installation disk copy protection detects it

None of these possibilities are present (at least not under XP SP3 partition) in my other multi-boot computer.

Another possibility is that the HDD/optical drives SATA mode is set differently to or from ACHI to or from IDE. This might cause some issues accessing drives under certain conditions? I'm still looking into this possibility.

Another issue I'm having is installing mods to DFTFD to include terrains and/or objects from other games under Windows 7 32 bit. Currently trying to install DF2 terrains to DFTFD via the installer contained in this file [i]df2terrains4tfd.zip[/].

Problem is every time I run the installer, it starts to extract some files and tries to convert .jpg files to .tga files and stops. I get system error message that the installer has stopped due to some problem.

I've tried running this installer in various compatibility modes (XP SP3 down to 95/Me) and also with and without administrator rights, but the installer still doesn't work (properly).

What is wrong? Why is the installer not working properly?

Here is the log from the installer after it stops -

FwO Raven's DF Mod Installer
Log Created On Thursday The 18 Of May At 15:12:45
Adding df2dfd1.trn To C:\Program Files\NovaLogic\Delta Force Task Force Dagger\small.pff
Deleting Temporary File ( df2dfd1.trn )
Converting df2dfd1_c.jpg To df2dfd1_c.tgadf2dfd1_c.tga

Nothing else seems to be happening and there are no further entries in the log.